Lillee, McGrath..... Cummins ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Below is a table of Aussies who have 150+ test wickets and who have played since the end of WSC.

Obviously Davidson, Lindwall & Miller were guns yesteryear.

Most of us would sit comfortably if picking our best XI we've seen and it included Cummins, McGrath, Lillee & Warne.

View attachment 1719624
It's still amazing how underrated Hazlewood and Starc's careers have been too.

Below is a table of Aussies who have 150+ test wickets and who have played since the end of WSC.

Most of us would sit comfortably if picking our best XI we've seen and it included Cummins, McGrath, Lillee & Warne.

View attachment 1719624

If they were all in their prime right now it would be hard not to pick Jeff Thomson. Especially in Australia. Who’s the selector that not going to pick the fastest bowler ever etc.

View attachment 1719624
It's a bit revealing how underrated Lyon is, given that there's only two other spinners on that list, both of them are leggies, and Australia is where offies go to die...

I love that we were ahead of our time on this. I still have him third 1. McGrath 2. Lillee but who knows how he will go over the next 5 years!

I’m as Tucker Carson as you can get and I love Cummins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back