Autopsy Lions v Tigers - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Saturday May 18th 7:30pm - (GABBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Tigers by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah that's a poor take.

The players are trying, the players are just no good.

The first year coach isn't held accountable for this mess just yet. Come back in 12 months and you may have a point, especially if he actually has a list to choose a preferred team next year.
mate that was utterly awful

go tigers and all that, I'm a near-20 year member I think

but there is no need to defend the indefensible

players can still run and hold tackles etc

anyway, we will see, 95 points last week, 120 points this week, let's see if EFC puts 200 through next week.

generally speaking, Yze will be protected by the payout cost, but is he still on a 6 month probation or something like that?

Coming up? It's already as bad as that. I'd say last week was worse for the Tiges. It was at home at mcg, instead of the gabba, against an inferior opponent to tonight, and it was -36 i50s to -20 tonight. They're as bad as can be right now
Oh yeah I forgot the Dogs completely destroyed them too. We'll make it three consecutive 90+ point losses then.

The AFL want an even comp but the clubs who spend a lot of the time at the top are coming down pretty hard (West Coast/Richmond/Hawthorn) Geelong and Sydney are the outlier. I see how it works although you have clubs spending an enormous time rebuilding an entire list once they lose top end access to the draft for a number of years.

mate that was utterly awful

go tigers and all that, I'm a near-20 year member I think

but there is no need to defend the indefensible

players can still run and hold tackles etc

anyway, we will see, 95 points last week, 120 points this week, let's see if EFC puts 200 through next week.

generally speaking, Yze will be protected by the payout cost, but is he still on a 6 month probation or something like that?
Think we're agreeing and disagreeing.

The current side is terrible, but that's not Yze's fault and he can't be called untenable halfway into his first season with what he's inherited and then worse what he's had to deal with player unavailability.

You reckon North will beat someone? With their backline they'd need to kick 120.

Everyone thought they were a chance against Hawthorn…they are miles off it. Richmond still have quality and Balta will tear that backline apart

the only positive out of this, Yze really sees the youth with all the injuries to see who will are keepers and who are not. Should help him and the club later if they will be patient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We always knew Richmond were going to bring their best footy" - Josh Dunkley.

What is the point of these interviews? Especially interviewing a robot.

Give Dunkley a concussion test even he surely knew Richmond really weren’t going to “bring their best”. They have 3/4 of their team injured

Give Dunkley a concussion test even he surely knew Richmond really weren’t going to “bring their best”. They have 3/4 of their team injured
Mate he is an AI. There is a limited list of pre approved sentences he is programmed to speak. His last firmware update was before the Tigers' injuries.

the only positive out of this, Yze really sees the youth with all the injuries to see who will are keepers and who are not. Should help him and the club later if they will be patient.
I do wonder if Yze will survive the necessary rebuild. Someone has to do it but it'll be bottom 4 for a few years before coming out of it at some point.

Many coaches don't survive it though, they do the unsavoury years before someone else comes in and joins the club as it rises up the ladder.

There's some who believe Yze is warming the seat and taking the heat for a couple of years before Chris Newman gets the head gig.

Back