Movie Logan

Remove this Banner Ad

Hugh is pretty adamant this is his last go around so Cant see Logan living at the end of this, pretty doubtful unless he appears in the Days of Future past timelines

Surely the character keeps going and they just replace the actor

Thats what I want to hear. Critics were calling it the Dark Knight of Marvel movies...Of course, done by Fox but regardless, Marvel origin.

Quite easily the darkest of the Marvel/X-Men films. It's not even close to anything else.

The tone, the violence, the language, it's all next level s**t.

There's something amazingly cool about watching Sir Patrick Stewart casually mouth off f bombs. He is incredible in this, as is Jackman.

Next level s**t all round. It's ******* brilliant.

Does it all fit well continuity wise?

It seems to stand on its own feet, without attachment to the other 2 movies in the Wolverine 'trilogy'.

Very difficult to say more without getting into spoiler territory. So will use tags just in case.

It's set in 2029, and there's no one else we're familiar with aside from Logan, Charles. And Caliban.

The fate of everyone else is explained throughout, I don't want to talk about that though as it would give away too much.

Continuity wise, it almost feels like a distant reboot, or distant sequel to Days of Future Past (although I don't quite know what year that was meant to be set).

So yes, it does fit the setting well IMO. I almost view this as a standalone, it doesn't really feel attached to the previous 2 Wolverine films. Hope that helps but trying not to say too much else.

It really is one of those films to know as little about as possible before seeing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw it this morning and concur, kind of miffed that they took so many years to nail it and it's the last movie :(. Calling it early but it's poised to be the movie of the year.

But a very good way to go out.

Sure will be a hell of a movie that beats it, that's for sure.

A big factor in why it's so good is the performances of Jackman and Patrick Stewart. A much reduced group of characters (compared to previous X-Men films) helped in honing in on Charles and Logan as the core central characters. Quality v quantity.

Their dynamic really is quite brilliant. Patrick Stewart really is an amazing actor, I've known that for many many years right back to the credibility he brought into Star Trek:TNG. But he keeps delivering, keeps blowing me away. He's taken it to another level with this, yet again.

He's ******* magnificent.

guys im planning to watch it this weekend. is the hype real?

First 2/3 were really good, faded a bit at the end but still pretty good.

Jackman and Stewart were great and there is a bit of subtlety in what the movie reveals about the characters that will become a bit more obvious on re-watch, which I very much intend to do.

Its quite a dark film too.

Also was ready for a old Logan, was not expecting an old Eriq La Salle damn.

Last edited:
First 2/3 were really good, faded a bit at the end but still pretty good.

Jackman and Stewart were great and there is a bit of subtlety in what the movie reveals about the characters that will become a bit more obvious on re-watch, which I very much intend to do.

Its quite a dark film too.

Also was ready for a old Logan, was not expecting an old Eriq La Salle damn.

Yes I've read that some found the third act a bit flat. Can understand why you'd have that opinion in comparison to the first two acts, which were fantastic.

Very much agree about the darkness. It really is one of those films where not much good happens. Very dark.

Seeing Eric La Salle was a huge surprise to me as well, had no idea he was in this. When he came on screen, it took me a few seconds to clue on to him, I was thinking 'holy s**t who is that??'

And after it hit me, I couldn't get the Soul Glo image out of my head.

soulgloweddie.jpg

Yes I've read that some found the third act a bit flat. Can understand why you'd have that opinion in comparison to the first two acts, which were fantastic.

Very much agree about the darkness. It really is one of those films where not much good happens. Very dark.

Seeing Eric La Salle was a huge surprise to me as well, had no idea he was in this. When he came on screen, it took me a few seconds to clue on to him, I was thinking 'holy s**t who is that??'

And after it hit me, I couldn't get the Soul Glo image out of my head.

soulgloweddie.jpg

I saw his name in the credits but didnt think much of it until I saw him, havent seen that guy in anything since coming to america so to see him like that was suprising. I saw he is only 54, he looked older than that in the film. He held is own in the scenes he had though.

Another thing I liked in the movie was the way they used the other movies as a reference to explain these guys at this stage in their life rather than a rip off or homage.

I saw his name in the credits but didnt think much of it until I saw him, havent seen that guy in anything since coming to america so to see him like that was suprising. I saw he is only 54, he looked older than that in the film. He held is own in the scenes he had though.

Another thing I liked in the movie was the way they used the other movies as a reference to explain these guys at this stage in their life rather than a rip off or homage.

54? Well there you go. Yep I've barely seen him in anything since Coming To America, think he was in ER or something in the 90s but barely followed his career since.

He was very good in this.

I just knew he and his family would die, especially after Charles agreed to stay the night with them. I was expecting it to happen though when they went on that random trip to fix their water pump.

But then the way they actually did meet their demise was brutal. When X-24 killed the kid, I thought ******* hell man this is getting darker by the minute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back