Movie Logan

Remove this Banner Ad

54? Well there you go. Yep I've barely seen him in anything since Coming To America, think he was in ER or something in the 90s but barely followed his career since.

He was very good in this.

I just knew he and his family would die, especially after Charles agreed to stay the night with them. I was expecting it to happen though when they went on that random trip to fix their water pump.

But then the way they actually did meet their demise was brutal. When X-24 killed the kid, I thought ******* hell man this is getting darker by the minute.

Yeah that was very brutal and actually depressing.

Yeah that was very brutal and actually depressing.

But correct. That's what would happen I would think.

So well done.

The image of the mum walking in to see her son laying dead on the floor with a huge gash in his stomach, is something that has stuck with me still. Screams from her and Laura, and then bang she's dead.

Then the way Eriq La Salle went down those stairs after being hit with full force, ******* hell.

It was about as dark or harrowing a scene I've seen in a 'comic book movie' since The Joker filmed his murder of Brian (the Batman impersonator) in that meat locker scene from TDK. Intense s**t.

I might be doing myself a disservice but I'm more than likely "retiring" from the X-Men film franchise myself. I don't think they will reach "peak" form with the younger cast movies. Everyone raved about First Class, I watched it and I wasn't enthused. I gave DOFP a chance for a reason (the older cast element), I enjoyed it overall (to the point where it was my movie of the year).

They dropped the ball a little with Apocolypse, I'm not too sure why they're aiming to go with the Dark Phoenix saga AGAIN for the next installment.

I thought it was OK.

Didn't like the girl or feel that she and Logan had any real connection.

Patrick Stewart was in his element. He plays a demented geezer better than anyone. See the star trek next generation finale for further proof.

Thought it was a really great movie, I wasn't expecting it to be that brutal and dark. Nor was I expecting it to be that enjoyable.

If only all of the superhero movies were done this way they would be amazing.

Saw it tonight, was awesome. Has jumped up to being my favourite comic book movie.

The MCU movies are blockbuster relatively family friendly movies, DC and Fox have ballsed up basically everything apart from X-Men: FC/DoFP and Deadpool. In my opinion Logan was just on another level to those movies, it was more of a mature movie than being a comic book movie in the vain of Nolan's Batman.

Also a bloody good way for Jackman to leave Wolverine after the last standalone movies left a lot to be desired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- so apt in these times of trump. the mexican border, wolfie driving prom kids over the border, they were chanting u-s-a and giving the mexicans the finger
- the fallen silo/tanker where xavier lived. wow. must've been hot in there.
- the symbolism of LIBERTY. xavier referenced statue of liberty, wolfie didnt wanna talk about it. The motel where he was called to to the nurse and daughter was at Liberty (although the letters bert were not on on the street sign, therefore "LI-TY")
- sony and ford heavily invested
- eric la salle. YEAHHHHHHH
- Taking a leaf from Batman movies, it was dark and gritty. Although not as dark cause many scenes were during the day.
- how did the drones find wolfie and the kids? was it cause of the albino? i thought he died, although i guess they saved the tissue.
- albinos death, how the main villain didn't die given the explosion.
- the savagery of la salles family death. wow. what a surprise of who did it but.
- violence was great.
- little wolfie girls screams in attack mode was good.
- deaths of main characters was well done. passing of the batten.
- wolfies grave, the cross paid on an angle forming an "X".
- definitely enough material for a sequel.

So this is what it feels like

- how did the drones find wolfie and the kids? was it cause of the albino? i thought he died, although i guess they saved the tissue.
Pierce had the photo of the kids and nurses with co-ordinates on the back of it, when he was in hospital

Reflecting on the movie as you do a while after you've seen it. The soundtrack was great. Always an important element to a great film. Marco Beltrami (like he did for the Hurt Locker) knows how to compose a good jarring piece. Very well suited to this film.

I liked it better than the other Wolverine stand alone films Hugh has done. That one a few years ago set in Japan was an absolute stinker. Loved seeing Stephen Merchant, and the story had a few twists but ultimately nothing that hasn't been done before in films. There was a touch of Mad Max Thunderdome and Terminator Salvation about some aspects. I'm glad the movie ended the way it did because Hugh is starting to look too old to play this role anyway. I guess that means we'll have a Wolverine reboot in a couple of years with a new actor to take over the role.

I liked it better than the other Wolverine stand alone films Hugh has done. That one a few years ago set in Japan was an absolute stinker. Loved seeing Stephen Merchant, and the story had a few twists but ultimately nothing that hasn't been done before in films. There was a touch of Mad Max Thunderdome and Terminator Salvation about some aspects. I'm glad the movie ended the way it did because Hugh is starting to look too old to play this role anyway. I guess that means we'll have a Wolverine reboot in a couple of years with a new actor to take over the role.

Yeah they need to reboot. Only problem I can see is that apoloclypse had a mainly new cast which I can see being a problem contract wise if they wanna join the new Wolverine with them since Hugh had a cameo in the movie. Then again Jennifer Lawrence is leaving so prob a good time to for them to start from scratch completely.

Please no more Bryan Singer/ X-Men

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Isn't he doing an X-Men TV series now? I think X-Men 1, 2 & First Class are about as good as it gets for comic book movies. They're dealing with an absurd amount of characters with super powers so they won't be able to give every character justice to appease all comic book fans. Those films all had good plots, tidy writing and good direction and s**t over anything Marvel or DC have put out in recent years.

Last edited:
Isn't he doing an X-Men TV series now? I think X-Men 1, 2 & First Class are about as good as it gets for comic book movies. They're dealing with an absurd amount of characters with super powers so they won't be able to give every character justice to appease all comic book fans. Those films all had good plots, tidy writing and good direction and s**t over anything Marvel or DC have put out in recent years.

Don't mind Bryan Singer as a TV creator, but I just feel in terms of film his versions have become stale. First Class Singer didn't direct, It was Matthew Vaughn.

Went and saw it today.
By far the best if the three stand alone movies

Not every comic book movie needs to be this gritty but it does say something about the freedom not having to be kid friendly, fit into a timeline or set up a sequel gives a film

They basically said screw everything that came before including the last movie we made and let's do the movie we want to make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back