Delisted Lonie delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for everything Jack.
Mostly, thanks for being my young blokes first footy idol and getting him involved in the Saints.
You went out of your way numerous times whenever we made the trip for family day or training and that visit to Leongatha was awesome for him.
Thanks again, all the best for your football future.

Always busted his gut for the club.

I think the sealer for him is that he is a very one-sided player, totally reliant on his left foot, and lacks penetration in his kicking. He was always a really clever player, kicked plenty of great goals for the club, but just feel that those kicking deficiencies are what held him back in the end.

Thanks for everything Jack, loved watching you run out in the red white and black.

Really liked Jack and even though near the end he just couldn't steal his spot back from the Butler and Higgins types you knew he was trying his heart out every week to get back. Will be remembered for his efforts at hitting contests against much much bigger opposition fearlessly and bringing down key forwards and rucks like they're his size. Unfortunate he got injured against Adelaide a couple years back while he was in career best form. Had he played those weeks he was out he might have cemented his spot and that form.

Maybe an Essendon, Collingwood or maybe Carlton could pick him up as a DFA. Essendon and Collingwood both looked into Bobby Hill. Carlton light on after Eddie Betts retired.

Really liked Jack and even though near the end he just couldn't steal his spot back from the Butler and Higgins types you knew he was trying his heart out every week to get back. Will be remembered for his efforts at hitting contests against much much bigger opposition fearlessly and bringing down key forwards and rucks like they're his size. Unfortunate he got injured against Adelaide a couple years back while he was in career best form. Had he played those weeks he was out he might have cemented his spot and that form.

Maybe an Essendon, Collingwood or maybe Carlton could pick him up as a DFA. Essendon and Collingwood both looked into Bobby Hill. Carlton light on after Eddie Betts retired.
Tigers upgrade on Parker… ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Jack, probably could have been a good player at another club with better systems. Sad to see one of our stalwarts going and another off the list of our drafted older boys. I have more affection for the ones we drafted and developed ourselves. He wasn't perfect but he was ours.

I always had a soft spot for Jack, was probably never quite good enough and suffered from the Caleb Daniel comparison but he did his best with pretty limited physical gifts.

Liked Lonie from the first time I saw him play. He is a handy player and would be good in a team where the forwards aren't working hard enough defensively. It'd be hard seeing him in other colours but I'd be happy to see him continue his AFL career. That moment this year where he backed into a collision with two much bigger oppo players after holding the fort alone in the centre sums up his effort to me.

His tendancy to drop out of games and his withering goalkicking probably pushed him close to the trap door, he's just not consistently damaging enough offensively for us right now. Higgins, Butler, Gresh and Long are probably ahead of him, plus cameos from midfielders such as Byrnes and Crouch.

I always felt he should have been tried in midfield as he was often utilised at The Zebs but our coaches didn't trust him there, and perhaps considering his tendancy to drift out of games they were right. Would have liked to see though.

Loved seeing that photo of him on the day of his draft, a happy snap with his cousins outside our Seaford address, just down the road from his family home. Awesome vibes! Had a real cheeky kid persona when he came to us that I warmed to. Now he's gone the way of most of his fellow draftees. Who'd have thought Dmac and Sinclair would be the ones that survived? (Membrey less surprising, but he wasn't really a draftee, more a trade.) Any way, another excuse to post the following photo which always makes me laugh.

Jack thanks for all you gave to the club and I hope the rest of your career and your life is rewarding and happy. You'll always be one of us. You gave us some great moments and I'll remember your time in our colours fondly.
View attachment 1261019

Always busted his gut for the club.

I think the sealer for him is that he is a very one-sided player, totally reliant on his left foot, and lacks penetration in his kicking. He was always a really clever player, kicked plenty of great goals for the club, but just feel that those kicking deficiencies are what held him back in the end.

Thanks for everything Jack, loved watching you run out in the red white and black.
Agree on all this. Shame that it did hold him back. Think at times he tried something out of the ordinary on his left foot when the simple play on his right would have been the better option for the team but he obviously didn't have the confidence or ability on his right foot.

He tried his utmost though for us during hard times so gets a lot of respect for that.

I'll miss him.
I remember his form in a string of games a few years ago that made me think he had the tools to make it. Then some dirty prick tunneled him while he was up going for a mark and he did his knee, and never seemed to reach the same level after that.

All the best Jack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back