Player Watch Luke Brown - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Contracted until end of 2023. See: Seedsman, there is no reason to risk longer contracts than necessary with older players.

With that said I think Brown has been fine this year. Our injury list is almost zero. Hinge injured will bring in another young player.

Contracted until end of 2023. See: Seedsman, there is no reason to risk longer contracts than necessary with older players.

With that said I think Brown has been fine this year. Our injury list is almost zero. Hinge injured will bring in another young player.

We've got Brown, Seedsman, Smith and Sloane all contracted for 2023, is there any chance the coaches don't play those guys for the next 2 years ?

We've got Brown, Seedsman, Smith and Sloane all contracted for 2023, is there any chance the coaches don't play those guys for the next 2 years ?
Jada Pinkett Smith GIF by Red Table Talk

I think I've mentioned it before, but Luke had a huge number of small niggling injuries, played under great duress all of last year. From what I've been told, that hasn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang up the boots sooner than people expect.

This is one of the issues that fans keep getting frustrated with in that we continually keep playing injured senior players when we are going through a rebuild.
There is just no reason to do it.
Give a young guy an opportunity while they recover from their injury for a couple of matches

I think I've mentioned it before, but Luke had a huge number of small niggling injuries, played under great duress all of last year. From what I've been told, that hasn't changed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang up the boots sooner than people expect.
So he shouldn't be playing

I'm not saying he should be playing, just passing along one of the few bits of credible info I have. It's pretty common knowledge around the Tea Tree Gully boys.
Not having a go at you or anything. Just frustrating we're carrying a non-critical injured senior player through a rebuild

Not having a go at you or anything. Just frustrating we're carrying a non-critical injured senior player through a rebuild
We've had Ben Davis on our list for at least 5 years.
This is a classic example of where we should be giving him a game or two while Brown recovers
It's not as if Davis is some young kid

Do you really think Darren Burgess is that unprofessional to play a player with " a huge number of small niggling injuries"? I don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you really think Darren Burgess is that unprofessional to play a player with " a huge number of small niggling injuries"? I don't.
FWIW I read that as he's almost continually injured, all pretty minor, sometimes has multiple different ones at the same time. Not enough to keep him out but enough to knock a couple of % of his performance.

Gee, wonder why people are getting put off from posting stuff they hear these days. I'm happy for anyone else involved with the Gullies to fact check for me. Never mind I have been posting here for a decade now and have never been one to post info normally.

I'm not sure how it's been represented to Burgess this season, or what percentage of niggles he is willing to accept. I know some people like to think Burgess is going to fix every problem... Senior players with multiple niggles, but still able to get on the field, is something that happens at every club.

Gee, wonder why people are getting put off from posting stuff they hear these days. I'm happy for anyone else involved with the Gullies to fact check for me. Never mind I have been posting here for a decade now and have never been one to post info normally.

I'm not sure how it's been represented to Burgess this season, or what percentage of niggles he is willing to accept. I know some people like to think Burgess is going to fix every problem... Senior players with multiple niggles, but still able to get on the field, is something that happens at every club.
Like I intimated there is no way he'd put a player out there that couldn't perform consistently.

We've employed the wrong bloke as head of fitness if he does. A bloke with his reputation and past history I'm backing in if that offends you so be it.

Some ignorant comments here. One of Burgess’s key differences is that he encourages players to play through injuries.

"There's two ways to go about injury prevention, I think.

"If someone has niggles you give them a rest so they complete as many sessions as possible, cut the sessions short if someone's a bit sore, or you can build them up and push them through those periods where they're a little sore, a little bit tender and a little bit fatigued … to provide them with that robustness to get through."

Burgess said he used to subscribe to the former theory before evolving to the latter in recent years.

Like I intimated there is no way he'd put a player out there that couldn't perform consistently.

We've employed the wrong bloke as head of fitness if he does. A bloke with his reputation and past history I'm backing in if that offends you so be it.
You can be a real douche sometimes Mutineer

A poster that’s been here for years and from my experience is a reasonable poster.

No need to be so aggressive with your responses.

It’s like you’re just a grumpy old man all the time!

You can be a real douche sometimes Mutineer

A poster that’s been here for years and from my experience is a reasonable poster.

No need to be so aggressive with your responses.

It’s like you’re just a grumpy old man all the time!
Bullshit!

We have employed the bloke the best in the business both by reputation and results. Why do you think he's one of the most sought after professionals in his line of work.

Aggressive?
You've got to be joking surely?

If Burgo passed them fit to perform that'good enough for me and should be good enough for any supporter otherwise why the hell are we paying him a considerable salary to fine tune our playing list?

Didn't you see Sloane play last week ?
OK sack the man considered to be the best in his line of work and save a considerable sum of money.

Let's get Burton and Haas back and save some dollars.

It took a little longer than I thought for Burgess doubters to turn up but I must say I'm not particularly surprised.

Hasn’t he been quoted as saying he wants players to be come resilient and play through things?
Yes he has and I'm sure he has the expertise to know when a player is capable of performing consistently.

I also believe that was more about training loads more so than GameDay playing.

Patty Parnell lurking in the background here waiting for an opportunity. Good user of the ball, good decision make and has pace. We need to keep an eye n his kid in the ressies and if he continues to play well play him at some stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back