Status
Not open for further replies.

premiers2000

Rookie
Dec 13, 2006
Highlands
AFL Club
Essendon
Just wondering how luke werner goes? Heard many clubs are after his services and has been offered big coin to stay in Ballarat again, upwards of $250, is he worth it?

Re: Mallee Football League

Durie bids farewell for now

Echuca's inspirational leader Colin Durie will travel home to play for Sea Lake-Nandaly Tigers in the Mallee Football League next season.

Durie will reunite with some old Berri-Culgoa premiership teammates at Sea Lake-Nandaly. The 32-year-old said next year was the only time he could leave Echuca to play back home.

``A good mate of mine is coaching and there are a couple of other mates which next year is probably going to be their last year of footy,'' Durie said.

``It's a bit of a reunion. Next year was sort of the only time we could go back and play together. It will be a bit of fun.''

Durie, near the end of his second year in a matured-aged plumbing apprenticeship, will continue to live, work and train in Echuca.

He, his wife Lana, a teacher, and two sons Issac (21 months) and Judd (nine months) will all travel about two hours each week to play at Sea Lake-Nandaly.

``Lana's got a few mates there as well and she's considering playing netball,'' Durie said.

``We'll probably drive there on a Friday night and I've got a few mates that live there so I'll probably just stay at their houses. My parents live in Wycheproof which is not far away so I could stay there as well.''

Durie said he would definitely return to play for Echuca in 2010.

``This is just a one-off thing. It's probably come at a good time for me,'' Durie said of heading home.

``I'll freshen up and come back and look to probably play two more years of GV. That's barring injury but hopefully that's how things pan out.''

Durie is one of the most decorated footballers in country Victoria.

Originally from Wycheproof, he played in three consecutive premierships from 1994-96 for the now defunct Berri-Culgoa in the Southern Mallee league.

The Southern and Northern Mallee leagues amalgamated in 1997 and Durie coached Berri-Culgoa to a flag in 1999.

He played in a premiership and won the best and fairest in his first season at Echuca in 2002.

The hard-working midfielder won another best and fairest in 2004, the league's Morrison Medal in 2006 and captained the Goulburn Valley interleague side the past two years.

Craig Sutton from Echuca is also set to join the tigers along with Troy Ferrier in 09

Craig Sutton from Echuca is also set to join the tigers along with Troy Ferrier in 09

Good work Hook foot, that's what we want news based on facts.

Durie still obviously goes OK at 32. Are they keeping all/any Weekleys?

Good work Hook foot, that's what we want news based on facts.

Durie still obviously goes OK at 32. Are they keeping all/any Weekleys?

I really hope that the OK part is a bit of a joke... Obviously a gun that will no doubt tear the Mallee apart again! You don't get a captain of the Goulbourn Valley league just going OK in the Mallee do you? Wes Sewell is also rumoured to be returning to the tigers

I really hope that the OK part is a bit of a joke... Obviously a gun that will no doubt tear the Mallee apart again! You don't get a captain of the Goulbourn Valley league just going OK in the Mallee do you? Wes Sewell is also rumoured to be returning to the tigers

Durie said to a mate of mine he was having a spell from GVL partly because its getting tougher each week with taggers etc as he gets older, obviously he is a gun but Mallee league not exactly soft is it?

Lighten up Rooster when someone says someone goes OK it means they go OK.

For example Tiger Woods goes OK in the golf. I imagine Lara Bingley goes OK as well.

Durie said to a mate of mine he was having a spell from GVL partly because its getting tougher each week with taggers etc as he gets older, obviously he is a gun but Mallee league not exactly soft is it?

Lighten up Rooster when someone says someone goes OK it means they go OK.

For example Tiger Woods goes OK in the golf. I imagine Lara Bingley goes OK as well.

I imagine you go OK at school dissux.
col durie is a bit better than OK, and the mallee is a fair step down from the GV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

"I hear Hopetoun are close to signing young gun Bill Barnes from Deni? Any truth in this rumour?"

Yeah I have also heard these rumors!!! I have heard alot about Bill Barnes but never seen him play. How close are Hopetoun to signing him????

I hear Hopetoun are close to signing young gun Bill Barnes from Deni? Any truth in this rumour?"

Yeah I have also heard these rumors!!! I have heard alot about Bill Barnes but never seen him play. How close are Hopetoun to signing him????

As far as i'm aware the 2 barry boys ur talkin about (assuming u mean Dale and Andy) are still gunna be at the tigers, but that said wouldn't be surprised if a bit was bein thrown at Andy.

As far as i'm aware the 2 barry boys ur talkin about (assuming u mean Dale and Andy) are still gunna be at the tigers, but that said wouldn't be surprised if a bit was bein thrown at Andy

I heard dale was playing where the missus is and no doubt andrew wont want the travel on his own

As far as i'm aware the 2 barry boys ur talkin about (assuming u mean Dale and Andy) are still gunna be at the tigers, but that said wouldn't be surprised if a bit was bein thrown at Andy

I heard dale was playing where the missus is and no doubt andrew wont want the travel on his own

Bryce Scott and Kade Rixon and Michael Blomly to Woomelang.....big sigings, massive in fact....premiership players in hume league last year....will dominate

Have seen Bryce play, but what type of players are Rixon and Blomly? the cats need more than just these guys if their gunna get off the bottom of the ladder.

So what's happening with the Weekley boys? One is travelling from Melb, the other 2 from Bendigo? What's Simon's stance next year?

So what's happening with the Weekley boys? One is travelling from Melb, the other 2 from Bendigo? What's Simon's stance next year?
Simon has been training with the bendigo bombers, and i think he may have the tigers listed as his home club, so he can play with them when not playing with the bombers. Russ and Scott are right to play apparently. i may be wrong, but this is what i've heard.

Simon has been training with the bendigo bombers, and i think he may have the tigers listed as his home club, so he can play with them when not playing with the bombers. Russ and Scott are right to play apparently. i may be wrong, but this is what i've heard.

This is not concrete but i have heard.

Simon Weekly - Bendigo Bombers
Russ Weekly - Missus doesnt want him travelling and he is not too keen if the barry brothers arent.
Scott Weekly??

Dale Barry - Signed with YC - loddon valley league
Andrew Barry - Looking at Mounts or South Bgo but if YC can afford him wouldnt be surprised if he follows his brother. 2 great pick ups for YC if it happens.

I can tell you that all of those players listed have committed to the Tigers! No doubt other clubs would be chasing them - it is silly season remember. Also Darcy Ryan is the assistant coach out there and Troy Ferrier is also a certain starter

can anyone give me some info on Coleman Schache from hopetoun. i met him recently, sounds like a decent kid.

Also Troy Ferrier is a hack and extremely overated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back