Mallee Football League 2009 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mallee Football League Part 2

Hopetoun will s**t it in this year.

Big call which seems to be made this time of year everyyear about hopetoun. They were at least 10 goals off last years premiers and have lost the burdetts haven't they? Sounds like sea lake are doing some heavy recruiting, so would be more of a challenger than the devils. Be interesting to know all the arrivals and departures of teams?
Haven't heard all out of Beulah but the ones I know
Departures - Percy, Dixon
Arrivals - David king (doutta stars - ex collingwood)

I disagree Jacko. If they do have Matt Vining he is a star and is worth whatever they pay him. When fit there is no better clearance player in the SFL.

I disagree Jacko. If they do have Matt Vining he is a star and is worth whatever they pay him. When fit there is no better clearance player in the SFL.

key word there yabbs when...but def good pick up so did rositer go aswell or did they mean carmicheal??

obvousley sea lake tigers are going to be a big mover in 2011. what is news with other clubs?? ouyen havent heard to much on the recruiting news there? hoptoun signed a good coach but is that?? japarit pretenders again?? walpey quiet?? woomalang still paying good money to s**t players? beulah will be up there again by the looks

sorry to bother you guys but was hoping for a view and judement on two ex players from your league.

jordan phelan- hopetoun?

casey robins- woomelang?

have heard they both signed at lexton in mcdfl

we play agaisnt them so doing some home work.

thanks

sorry to bother you guys but was hoping for a view and judement on two ex players from your league.

jordan phelan- hopetoun?

casey robins- woomelang?

have heard they both signed at lexton in mcdfl

we play agaisnt them so doing some home work.

thanks

unsure about phelan, but seen Robins down at geelong area and he should kill it at this level, to good of a player for the mdfl

Where is the money coming from? Sea Lake must have a big banker as a sponsor, they are spending money like a bloke with no arms. And, in doing so are raping and pilaging clubs in Sunraysia. These clubs have bought these players up from junior level only to have them "sucked" out of their grasp by premiership hunting clubs seeking short term glory. Well done fools, what happens when the money well dries up, back to the bottom of the ladder ? That's if you still have a league to play in. The Mallee, like all other leagues in country Victoria must be mandated to have a player points system, otherwise, we won't have many leagues left. We need the VCFL to grow some balls and get on top of this problem now !:mad::mad::mad::mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is the money coming from? Sea Lake must have a big banker as a sponsor, they are spending money like a bloke with no arms. And, in doing so are raping and pilaging clubs in Sunraysia. These clubs have bought these players up from junior level only to have them "sucked" out of their grasp by premiership hunting clubs seeking short term glory. Well done fools, what happens when the money well dries up, back to the bottom of the ladder ? That's if you still have a league to play in. The Mallee, like all other leagues in country Victoria must be mandated to have a player points system, otherwise, we won't have many leagues left. We need the VCFL to grow some balls and get on top of this problem now !:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I take it you are losing a lot of players from your club catguts? Isn't the whole idea each year to recruit to try and win a premiership? most clubs are hunting a premiership whether it is in 1,2 or 3 years time! Fair enough they are probably paying ridiculous amounts of money to these players, All clubs in the mallee cannot survive purely on the number of juniors that come up through the system, so I don't blame them for recruiting to keep their teams and towns alive, I'm sure if your club was in a similar position number wise they wouldn't hesitate to recruit from outside the sunraysia. Do sunraysia clubs not recruit any Mallee players? Perhaps the players leaving your club need a bit more loyalty, I know a lot of the local players in our side (Beulah) could get paid outside the club with many Wimmera, Horsham District and Some cases Sunraysia clubs chasing them but they decide to stay!! Its the way country football has and is headed!

I take it you are losing a lot of players from your club catguts? Isn't the whole idea each year to recruit to try and win a premiership? most clubs are hunting a premiership whether it is in 1,2 or 3 years time! Fair enough they are probably paying ridiculous amounts of money to these players, All clubs in the mallee cannot survive purely on the number of juniors that come up through the system, so I don't blame them for recruiting to keep their teams and towns alive, I'm sure if your club was in a similar position number wise they wouldn't hesitate to recruit from outside the sunraysia. Do sunraysia clubs not recruit any Mallee players? Perhaps the players leaving your club need a bit more loyalty, I know a lot of the local players in our side (Beulah) could get paid outside the club with many Wimmera, Horsham District and Some cases Sunraysia clubs chasing them but they decide to stay!! Its the way country football has and is headed!
Shut it Lenford.

i Agree Completely with u Lenford, we need to find players from other clubs cause we dont have the numbers in the Juniors, and every team should be playing for a the big one ... CatGuts must be from merbien because sea lake have got 5 players from there and 2 from mildura

who are the 5 from merbriene mallee pro? walpy sign anything yet player wise?

Mallee league clubs are in very difficult times, with insufficient population to sustain their clubs. The only way to continue is to pay players from outside the area. Player payments are always increasing. The key for clubs is to manage this and make it sustainable by finding new and varied forms of revenue. If the clubs don't they will go bust. Another option for the Mallee is to scrap the Reserves Grade like Millewa FL.

who are the 5 from merbriene mallee pro? walpy sign anything yet player wise?

Havent heard anything out of walpy as of yet, dosent seem like much going on or if there is there keeping it quiet... As for the merbein players, dont know any names as of yet?

Havent heard anything out of walpy as of yet, dosent seem like much going on or if there is there keeping it quiet... As for the merbein players, dont know any names as of yet?

Mark Duscher & Josh Longeri were the 2 players from merbs. Heard on the grapevine neither will be playing there this year with Duscher off to Qld and Longeri unsure.

Carmichael/Alderton/Vining & Rossiter from Mildura are the others confirmed so far..............

Mark Duscher & Josh Longeri were the 2 players from merbs. Heard on the grapevine neither will be playing there this year with Duscher off to Qld and Longeri unsure.

Carmichael/Alderton/Vining & Rossiter from Mildura are the others confirmed so far..............

Yea mate not to shore... Are they handy players havent seen any of them play... Heard carmichael and Vining are guns, but dont know bout the others, how they go?

Anyone know of Robert Miller from Ouyen, i see he has put clearance through to a team in Central Highlands?? Is he any good?

how can woomerlang pay 18 year olds $400-$500 a game when they havnt played a reseve game let alone a senior game and they are not even stand outs in the u/18s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back