Remove this Banner Ad

Naitawhoey

All Australian
Suspended
Feb 17, 2010
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
He has taken up a huge contract with Fox Footy channel pretty much making him the highest paid media personality in the game. Should be officially announced closer to the end of the season

• Banned
Is there any point asking for a source of any kind..?

Not going to tell on this one. It will be openly discussed in the next few weeks I imagine. Most people know the deals been signed off. Will replace Paul Roos on On The Couch amongst other roles for the station.

I heard something along these lines a month or so ago bout MM certainly taking on more media gigs post season which will coincide with his DOC role at Collingwood and keep him involved in the game beyond the on-field stuff.

Very interesting news if true and would certainly rule out and "poach" or "raid" from other teams who are frothing at the prospect of Malthouse at the helm of their club in 2012 and beyond.

I heard something along these lines a month or so ago bout MM certainly taking on more media gigs post season which will coincide with his DOC role at Collingwood and keep him involved in the game beyond the on-field stuff.

Very interesting news if true and would certainly rule out and "poach" or "raid" from other teams who are frothing at the prospect of Malthouse at the helm of their club in 2012 and beyond.

Problem for these clubs is the contract with the Pies.

Have heard that if MM goes to another club the contract requires his new club to buy out his contract with the Pies. So if he coached next year the club in question would have to pay out approx $3m to the Pies plus pay MM's wage of around a mill a year.

Flip side applies if the Pies move him on.

Problem for these clubs is the contract with the Pies.

Have heard that if MM goes to another club the contract requires his new club to buy out his contract with the Pies. So if he coached next year the club in question would have to pay out approx $3m to the Pies plus pay MM's wage of around a mill a year.

Flip side applies if the Pies move him on.

hahaha, mate Eddie and Mick have said many times the contract is based on IF they agree on a role the Mick wants. No club will have to pay out a cent.

hahaha, mate Eddie and Mick have said many times the contract is based on IF they agree on a role the Mick wants. No club will have to pay out a cent.

Contract is signed, game over. You want him, write a cheque.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks kid, Tell me did you co sign or just another big mouth tosser who thinks he knows somthing?

Same could be said of you, no? Neither of you two or anyone outside of MM and a few people in the inner sanctum at Collingwood would know the real details so why bother with petty name calling!

Same could be said of you, no? Neither of you two or anyone outside of MM and a few people in the inner sanctum at Collingwood would know the real details so why bother with petty name calling!

My source comes from a club that made inquiries about his availability and was shocked at this clause.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back