Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Any promotion of anti-vaccination statements or health advice which contradicts the best available scientific evidence or seeks to actively undermine the national immunisation campaign (including via social media) is not supported by National Boards and may be in breach of the codes of conduct and subject to investigation and possible regulatory action.

So to clarify.

If you're a Doctor, and you promote health advice that contradicts the best available scientific evidence, that's not supported by the National Boards who approve such things. You may be in breach of the codes of conduct, and you may be subject to investigation which may result in possible regulatory action?

Sounds like good governance by the medical board to me.

So to clarify.

If you're a Doctor, and you promote health advice that contradicts the best available scientific evidence, that's not supported by the National Boards who approve such things. You may be in breach of the codes of conduct, and you may be subject to investigation which may result in possible regulatory action?

Sounds like good governance by the medical board to me.
maybe, doesnt change the fact that they face deregistration for speaking negatively about it. Who knows how many have had to tow the line. Any doctor having concerns should be able to speak freely. We have always been told to trust the professionals, some have stated there concerns. Many doctors have stated there concern for young children to get vaccinated due to the fact that children have mild symptoms if they catch covid. Look whats happening now, 5 yr olds getting jabbed.

maybe, doesnt change the fact that they face deregistration for speaking negatively about it. Who knows how many have had to tow the line. Any doctor having concerns should be able to speak freely. We have always been told to trust the professionals, some have stated there concerns. Many doctors have stated there concern for young children to get vaccinated due to the fact that children have mild symptoms if they catch covid. Look whats happening now, 5 yr olds getting jabbed.

Wait, where does it say they can't raise concerns?

ok, will do

Healthcare professionals have been warned they could be stripped of their ability to practise if they disseminate information about Covid-19 vaccines which regulators consider to be false or misleading.

The Medical Board of Australia and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulatory Agency (AHPRA) have issued a joint directive warning members they risk disciplinary action for providing ‘false or deceptive’ advice or information that could undermine the national vaccination program.

The statement has been supported by national health professional boards across the nation, including the medical, nursing and midwifery, pharmacy, dental, chiropractic, Chinese medicine, paramedicine and osteopathy boards of Australia.

The directive encompasses the provision of information to patients, as well as the publication of information on websites and social media, raising concerns that medical experts could be prevented from sharing genuinely-held concerns about Covid-19 vaccines.

The directive states: “Any promotion of anti-vaccination statements or health advice which contradicts the best available scientific evidence or seeks to actively undermine the national immunisation campaign (including via social media) is not supported by National Boards and may be in breach of the codes of conduct and subject to investigation and possible regulatory action.”

Apparently I'm supposed to weigh in here... Just before I do... I'm actually super fun in person!

Anyway, the problem here is that you were talking about a medical professional being derigestered if they didn't support the vaccine program. This is not the case. In fact, there's a Dr in this thread who doesn't support widespread mandated vaccines and is still registered.

Whether they support the mandates or not should not impact on their role which is to provide honest medical advice for a patient based on the information currently available, fully informing them of all risks of the recommended treatment.

What the above directive is referring to is that doctors should not be letting their personal beliefs get in the way of their role, which should be the case for all interactions with patients for any treatment. Something which we should all support really.

Anyway... Time to make a cold logic Friday cocktail. Maybe a martini? Now there's a debate I'd get passionate about... How do you make the best martini?

View attachment 1270465

is this actually true?. Apparently going through parliament as we speak.
There's been discussion on this already so feel free to read through it on previous pages. However, this 'infographic' is just ridiculous. The legislation certainly needs to be discussed and fleshed out... But if anyone honestly believes that a Victorian premier would declare a pandemic when there is none and everyone would just say 'oh well... Guess there must be a pandemic' then that's completely irrational.

For someone who mentioned scare tactics in a previous post about climate change... This image is doing exactly what you criticised.

Apparently I'm supposed to weigh in here... Just before I do... I'm actually super fun in person!

Anyway, the problem here is that you were talking about a medical professional being derigestered if they didn't support the vaccine program. This is not the case. In fact, there's a Dr in this thread who doesn't support widespread mandated vaccines and is still registered.

Whether they support the mandates or not should not impact on their role which is to provide honest medical advice for a patient based on the information currently available, fully informing them of all risks of the recommended treatment.

What the above directive is referring to is that doctors should not be letting their personal beliefs get in the way of their role, which should be the case for all interactions with patients for any treatment. Something which we should all support really.

Anyway... Time to make a cold logic Friday cocktail. Maybe a martini? Now there's a debate I'd get passionate about... How do you make the best martini?
haha wasnt trying to summon you like bloody mary or batman or something, just warning the person that you'd bring the logical smackdown if they kept making wild and exaggerated claims without any meaningful basis or evidence.

but back on topic, how about you make it a bloody mary, in keeping with the theme of you appearing on command :p

There's been discussion on this already so feel free to read through it on previous pages. However, this 'infographic' is just ridiculous. The legislation certainly needs to be discussed and fleshed out... But if anyone honestly believes that a Victorian premier would declare a pandemic when there is none and everyone would just say 'oh well... Guess there must be a pandemic' then that's completely irrational.

For someone who mentioned scare tactics in a previous post about climate change... This image is doing exactly what you criticised.
But the flu can reach pandemic levels. Do you think it's suitable to give the government power to impose lockdowns for the flu? Because (and caveat for those freaks in here, although I have blocked one of them, who demand the legislation be read in its entirety that I have not read the legislation in its entirety) the understanding is that there is no OBJECTIVE requirements for risk and the Minister can impose restrictions based on a SUBJECTIVE appraisal of risk.

This is a concern given some of the incongruence that has arisen where people (see studies in WA) have been so conditioned against risk that they state on polls that "0" deaths are acceptable from COVID. Say theres a high flu season where 1,000 people are predicted to die? Do you think that's worth shutting down society and ruining small business, because the Minister would have those powers under the legislation (as i understand based on the summaries).

haha wasnt trying to summon you like bloody mary or batman or something, just warning the person that you'd bring the logical smackdown if they kept making wild and exaggerated claims without any meaningful basis or evidence.

but back on topic, how about you make it a bloody mary, in keeping with the theme of you appearing on command :p
Haha... No problems. Next time use the logic signal, commissioner.

It's not breakfast time... Why would I make a bloody mary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thats where the disciplinary action and deregistration comes into it. Eventually everyone has to tow the line.

But it never says they can't raise concerns.

It says they must not provide health advice which contradicts the best available scientific evidence. If they don't, they run the risk of being investigated, and following that, they might be sanctioned.

Do you typically prefer that your GP gives health advice that isn't the best available scientific evidence and that isn't approved by the relevant regulatory authorities?

do you prefer shaken or stirred?

no, thats why i asked if its true. i am aware that Victoria parliament is bringing in increased powers and legislation but.
FWIW, its legislation that labor has previously presented to parliament and has been negotiating with opposition parties for a while now. A number of independents and the greens have gone from opposing to supporting it via negotiations.

So far the only opposition is from the opposition going the same line they have been for the last 2 years (dictator dan etc), and the bar association, but thats because they dont believe theyve been consulted enough and have some concerns they want to consult with the government about.

this infographic looks like its made by the same extremists that have been claiming andrews has used covid to implement some kind of communist dictatorship the last 2 years.

View attachment 1270465

is this actually true?. Apparently going through parliament as we speak.
It is so far from true it isn’t funny. The new laws basically transfer the emergency powers of the CHO to the health minister, and bring them in line with other states. It’s essentially what the liberals have been asking for for months, and now it’s being brought in they have to oppose it because bipartisan support is impossible.

Last edited:
Back