Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think the experiment has any credibility any more, it was certainly not a a perfect scientific experiment, but your actions and the actions of other pro-covid'ers show that there is a kernel of truth even in that flawed experiment in how quickly people will turn on others within their society when handed the tiniest amount of actual or perceived moral superiority or alternative form of righteousness.

I mean... it seems there are people in here on both ends of the issue's spectrum that are behaving in this way. It seems both ends feel they have moral superiority or alternative forms of righteousness... not just the people you've weirdly labelled as pro-covid, seeming to indicate that they are supporting the virus??

I'm fully vaccinated, i'm all for the Vax, but i wonder when dictator Dan bans walking up and down any steps, particularly at home? Over 5,000 people die each year in Australia just from falling over!! Pre pandemic: In 2017–18, almost 223,000 cases of hospitalised injury and more than 5,100 injury deaths were due to unintentional falls! Dan should be an expert! We might need a pass to go up and down stairs soon?

Well they do have regulations about safety railing and rise and tread dimensions.

A building inspector can't sign off construction unless it meets safety standards. Cause you know, stuff is implemented to protect people all the time.

I mean that's fine but she's not the only medical professional being told to sod off because of the mandate. And you'd think the Victorian (and other state) government needs all of the help they can get in the medical arena during the pandemic. So glorious Daniel Andrews has shot himself in the foot yet again putting the hospital sector under further strain from his toughman tactics.
I am more concerned that her medical training allowed her to pass the course with this view on vaccination.

It's scary to think there are people in the system who should know better but don't. I would expect her to lose what ever job she had in medicine now that it has become common knowledge.

Incompetence in a medical setting is not something we need to humour either.

No it isn't.
"Following changes to the South Australian Public Health Act 2011 (the Act), from 7 August 2020, children will not be able to enrol in or attend early childhood services unless all immunisation requirements are met."

Similar stuff around the other states, because you know - people don't have to put up with fools.

That experiment had little the do with the latter, even if it had any credibility.

Also a truly bizarre sentiment. Being 'pro-covid' literally means believing there's a global pandemic going on. Being 'pro-covid' means literally believing in science.

Do you not believe there's a global pandemic occurring?
I believe there is a global pandemic yes. Do i believe governments should have placed restrictions on their own citizens because of it. No.

That experiment had little the do with the latter, even if it had any credibility.

Also a truly bizarre sentiment. Being 'pro-covid' literally means believing there's a global pandemic going on. Being 'pro-covid' means literally believing in science.

Do you not believe there's a global pandemic occurring?

I mean... it seems there are people in here on both ends of the issue's spectrum that are behaving in this way. It seems both ends feel they have moral superiority or alternative forms of righteousness... not just the people you've weirdly labelled as pro-covid, seeming to indicate that they are supporting the virus??

It’s clearly not an expression to be taken literally. Don’t be pedantic. You know what he means.

For diseases that pose a significant risk to them, and with vaccines that in some cases have been around for over half a century.

COVID poses almost no risk to children. We have no information about the long term effects of this vaccine on small children. There is no good reason to inject this substance into their bodies. Period.
Don't really give a s**t about whether Covid poses a risk to the children who catch it.

I care about the people they are likely to spread it to when they do. The ones who have done everything right and now risk more shutdown days for their business, or their cancer suffering relative, or their old and frail parents.

I'll be upfront. My sister died of cancer in August, alone in a bed we couldn't visit. Take the *ing vaccine or stop bitching about it. You people really have zero perspective on this issue.

Last edited:
It’s clearly not an expression to be taken literally. Don’t be pedantic. You know what he means.

I'm just trying to point out the ridiculous labelling that goes on in here. E.g. labelling everyone who is on the questioning side of the vaccine as "anti-vaxxers" is not helpful to the discussion. Much the same as labelling people who are on the other end as "pro-covid". Both labels immediately create confrontation rather than discussion.

Gruffles kingswood71

Might be of interest

"a critical caveat was tucked within the nation-leading announcement: Parents can opt their children out of inoculation based on personal beliefs."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gruffles kingswood71

Might be of interest

Certainly is interesting. I'd definitely be curious to see if this actually gets off the ground. Also, not exactly sure what they mean with exemptions for "personal beliefs"? Wouldn't that just mean that you could opt out from a personal perspective?

EDIT: Just saw kingswood71's reply. Seems we're both on the same page here.

I wouldn’t be at all.

This is what I can’t understand about the people who are a-okay with mandates. There is no stopping the slide down the slippery slope, and the kids will more than likely be next.

I’m not sure what movie you’ve all been watching for the last 18 months.
Exactly - they don't get it... Then one day they will have something mandated on them that they disagree with and start screaming... To late by then.

What are you guys all gonna say when we open up and start having super spreader events in which double vaccinated people start dying? C’est la vie? Or will some of you fall for the propaganda machines to tell you to hate unvaccinated people again?

I mean... double vaxxed doesn't make you immune from dying from covid, so I'd hope that people are aware that there will be people in hospital (already are) who will be double vaxxed. Given the vast majority of the population will be double vaxxed then they will begin to make up a greater percentage of those hospitalised by covid. It feels very much like you are setting yourself up for an "I told you so" moment when everybody should already be aware of that.

What are you guys all gonna say when we open up and start having super spreader events in which double vaccinated people start dying? C’est la vie? Or will some of you fall for the propaganda machines to tell you to hate unvaccinated people again?
Umm...some fully vaccinated people have died already. Its not news.
Some that may die could likely be a few of my patients. In the terrible event that this happens, I will feel sad as I have compassion for all people...vaccinated, un-vaccinated...all the same to me when it comes to a life.

I mean... double vaxxed doesn't make you immune from dying from covid, so I'd hope that people are aware that there will be people in hospital (already are) who will be double vaxxed. Given the vast majority of the population will be double vaxxed then they will begin to make up a greater percentage of those hospitalised by covid. It feels very much like you are setting yourself up for an "I told you so" moment when everybody should already be aware of that.
Definitely not an “I told you so” moment because unfortunately it’s going to be the case. Not saying I’ve seen it on BF as much but on other platforms some people seem to think that the vax is bulletproof armour and once someone who they know passes away who has been vaxxed, they will get a real shock to their system.

Definitely not an “I told you so” moment because unfortunately it’s going to be the case. Not saying I’ve seen it on BF as much but on other platforms some people seem to think that the vax is bulletproof armour and once someone who they know passes away who has been vaxxed, they will get a real shock to their system.

OK... well... they need to be educated then or didn't listen/read the information given to them when they went and got vaccinated. They also seem to not be noticing the fact that it's not just going to happen... but already has, e.g. Colin Powell yesterday.

But that's also not at all how you presented your post on the matter in this thread.

OK... well... they need to be educated then or didn't listen/read the information given to them when they went and got vaccinated. They also seem to not be noticing the fact that it's not just going to happen... but already has, e.g. Colin Powell yesterday.

But that's also not at all how you presented your post on the matter in this thread.
Look I guess it’s kind of hard to interpret someone’s manner in which they are speaking in I did not at all try and come off as cynical.

"a critical caveat was tucked within the nation-leading announcement: Parents can opt their children out of inoculation based on personal beliefs."

Oh c’mon… You are quibbling over a technicality here. The intent is clear and obvious. Parents all over CA are protesting it as we speak.

Exactly - they don't get it... Then one day they will have something mandated on them that they disagree with and start screaming... To late by then.

This is really the crux of the issue.

People cheering on government-implemented segregation and “vaccinated economies” have no idea what is coming down the pipe after this.

Oh c’mon… You are quibbling over a technicality here. The intent is clear and obvious. Parents all over CA are protesting it as we speak.

I'm sorry we didn't give you the response that you wanted.

You presented us with some information which we both looked through. I even agreed that it was an interesting situation, was curious to find out more, and followed up with a question about an aspect of it to see your thoughts on that and you chose to ignore that and try and push for some sort of emotive response expressing anger and outrage.

Instead, can you tell me what you think it means by "exemptions based on personal beliefs"? Would this mean that a family can opt-out if they don't believe it would be beneficial for their child?

Last edited:
Back