Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

[

Right wing scare tactics that describe left wing utopias. A world without anti vaxxers is a world I would move to any day.

When you reach the extremes, they have more in common than differences. I reckon its like if you travel around the world east or westwards. eventually you reach the same place but you never know where that is because you've lost your perspective

Novemeber 1st sees the end of severe restrictions on travel (unless you are connected of a film star) lasting 18 months. Movement restricted by an unnacountable beaurocracy with seemingly no logic.
How come there wasn't clear accountability at some point in the 18 months?

It may not exactly be Nazi Germeny but there are clear comparisons with oppressive regimes. That's undeniable you'd think

And the Curfew. Merlino had a lockdown without that being neccesary

Oppositions who have been hen pecksed into timid 'me too' by a process which started with Howards Tampa - all the ingredients of creeping fascism are there. If you're not concerned how 'easily' it happened its a shame.
failed in the first sentence. impressive.

And they still don't, I know people overseas who lived in Melbourne and even they only peripherally know what's happening here.

People in the US that hold such strong views about Melbourne, almost definitely don't know what's actually going on in Melbourne. Like all the idiot protestors.

The NT minister's swipe at Ted Cruz was pretty funny.

It may not exactly be Nazi Germeny but there are clear comparisons with oppressive regimes. That's undeniable you'd think

If you're not concerned how 'easily' it happened its a shame.

Not sure about these two parts.

The Liberal governments laws allowing the police to access your information anytime they want happened right under our noses, without any objections.

They can hack your PCs, your phones, your internet history, everything. They are legally allowed to do it without your knowledge, and are legally allowed to cover their tracks so you'll never know. They can force providers to allow them access, and if they disclose it to you they go to jail.

That's worse than anything that I've ever seen, including restrictions during COVID. At least with COVID there was a reason. Getting a ******* vaccine and staying home for a few months whilst a pandemic is cruising around the world is light weight compared to that s**t.

I get that people are angry about personal impact of this, but the suggestion that this is some new push to take over the world is just wrong.

Freedoms were given up long ago.

Which human rights?
Refer to Victoria's own charter of human rights - available here https://www.humanrights.vic.gov.au/for-individuals/human-rights/ and take a look at:

1634715110336.png

From ABC's own mouth as well

Refer to Victoria's own charter of human rights - available here https://www.humanrights.vic.gov.au/for-individuals/human-rights/ and take a look at:

View attachment 1264473

now show me the part where they are being subject to any of that. have the WA government said that everyone must get the vaccine?

View attachment 1264473

Aren't Victoria and the ACT the only state with a human rights Charter though?

I don't even think Australia does, does it?

We've been called out multiple times for our human rights record by the UN, particularly in relation to our treatment of our indigenous people.

Are you surprised we're pricks? And if so, why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1264473

This is a challenging area to discuss because I can certainly see the validity in both sides of the discussion. I am thinking the people disagreeing with your statement are saying that people aren't being forced into taking the vaccine, it's been made a requirement depending on what area they work in. But at the same time I could completely understand that there will be some people that are feeling forced to take a vaccine because of the area they work in. It's a conundrum for sure!

Aren't Victoria and the ACT the only state with a human rights Charter though?

I don't even think Australia does, does it?

We've been called out multiple times for our human rights record by the UN, particularly in relation to our treatment of our indigenous people.

Are you surprised we're pricks? And if so, why?
Correct, but there is a global human rights charter that Australia has signed up to which has the same standards.

The question remains, does the threat of losing employment count as force?

Does being presented with a choice between giving up employment or getting the vaccine classify as a forced medical treatment?

It's definitely not on the same level as being tied down and forced to take something or being given a medical treatment which you did not consent to while unconscious.

I personally lean towards it not counting as a forced medical treatment - but I can see a valid argument for both.

Not sure about these two parts.

The Liberal governments laws allowing the police to access your information anytime they want happened right under our noses, without any objections.

They can hack your PCs, your phones, your internet history, everything. They are legally allowed to do it without your knowledge, and are legally allowed to cover their tracks so you'll never know. They can force providers to allow them access, and if they disclose it to you they go to jail.

That's worse than anything that I've ever seen, including restrictions during COVID. At least with COVID there was a reason. Getting a ******* vaccine and staying home for a few months whilst a pandemic is cruising around the world is light weight compared to that sh*t.

I get that people are angry about personal impact of this, but the suggestion that this is some new push to take over the world is just wrong.

Freedoms were given up long ago.

My post suggests its a ramping up of the attacks on any opposition to anything which seemed to start with Howards Tampa (even though most of those people ended up here anyway) It probably started before that.
while then it was the asylum seekers, now similar is extended to the entire population. and the arts community, who traditionally are strong asylum supporters seem to have suffered particularly badly.

If a large part of the population don't see this creeping, then its probably already too late.

The question remains, does the threat of losing employment count as force?

Does being presented with a choice between giving up employment or getting the vaccine classify as a forced medical treatment?

It's definitely not on the same level as being tied down and forced to take something or being given a medical treatment which you did not consent to while unconscious.

I personally lean towards it not counting as a forced medical treatment - but I can see a valid argument for both.
It counts as coercion - i.e not an individual freely given consent.

Back