Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So wouldn't that take away the customers individual right to choose? And doesn't that then go against your statement before that you believe in every individual's right to choose?

No, it doesn’t. This is about the right to medical privacy.

The client can choose to take the vaccine. He should not be entitled to know the trainer’s medical history.

but you're not being forced to take it, and there are jobs which dont require being vaccinated. its just that going forward there are a range of jobs which will require you to be vaccinated for health reasons.
The requirement is not whether it is 'forced' it is whether consent to treatment is freely given. Coercion means it is not freely given. Saying you cannot work in your industry in which you have worked years in or in which you have a degree is a form of coercion at worst and forced at best.

Australia is subject to a whole body of restraint of trade law that says you cannot stop a person earning a living in their preferred trade. If you can't enforce it in a legal contract, how can the government say that "oh you can just get a different job if you don't want this", it's ridiculous.

The human right to not have prerequisites for work.

How dare QANTAS discriminate against me and not employ me as a pilot just because I have never flown a plane in my life?!
This is either incredibly disingenuous or incredibly dumb, i can't tell the difference.

It's not like that at all. It's like saying - you've flown for QANTAS your entire life. Let us inject ketamine into you or we won't let you work with us anymore.

Medical privacy.

But can you see then that in some situations an individual doesn't necessarily have the right to choose something that they may want to choose? I'm trying to work out why certain situations are OK for a "individual's right to choose" argument, while other situations are not. It therefore comes down to being an individual in a particular situation has a right to choose (the trainer) but other's in that same situation do not (the client).

I'm just pointing out that it's not as simple as "freedom of choice" because sometimes the option to choose isn't actually available to you.

If you need me to point out that bodily autonomy is a human right you are not worth engaging with.
Wheres the part where they are forcing you to have bodily Autonomy? I watched the announcement and I didnt hear the forced vaccination part. Did you have a link?

Refer to Victoria's own charter of human rights - available here https://www.humanrights.vic.gov.au/for-individuals/human-rights/ and take a look at:

View attachment 1264473

From ABC's own mouth as well

Edit - already covered by others

OK number 1 you are talking about WA not Victoria. You can't just pick random laws which suit your argument. The WA government action cannot infringhe the Victorian charter of human rights.

Secondly, vaccination is not forced so this does not apply. People in WA can elect to not get vaccinated.
Wearing Safety boots to work makes me feet smell and it Infringes on my human rights, I want to wear sneakers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is either incredibly disingenuous or incredibly dumb, i can't tell the difference.

It's not like that at all. It's like saying - you've flown for QANTAS your entire life. Let us inject ketamine into you or we won't let you work with us anymore.
I’d say it’s more like boeing making a brand new plane and you’re not allowed to just jump in and fly it without an induction.

What’s your stand on dating , future love interests ?

Will that be your first question to them “Are you double vaxxed and boosters ?”

And for that matter any other human you are within close proximity ?

That wouldn't be my stance. Maybe it would be for others. I'm just trying to focus on the "freedom of choice" statement, but I can see that you're trying to push it into an area that makes it more comfortable for you to address. Make it ridiculous and then you can ridicule it, certainly makes it easier for you to think about, but it doesn't at all address the question being asked.

Is it not a fair question to ask why freedom of choice can sometimes apply to only some people and not others?

In the dating example... What about them asking "do you have an STI?". Is that a fair question in that situation?

Last edited:
And there it is. You protest for your right to not get the vaccine, yet want to deny anyone else the right to make an informed decision about whether they want to use a health professional who is vaccinated or not.

Me me me, my choice and rights over everyone else.

Refer to Victoria's own charter of human rights - available here https://www.humanrights.vic.gov.au/for-individuals/human-rights/ and take a look at:

View attachment 1264473

From ABC's own mouth as well

And nary a word gets spoken about the poor psych patients forced to be injected monthly, sometimes fortnightly with medications.
Nor the HIV patients forced to take antivirals...

Wearing Safety boots to work makes me feet smell and it Infringes on my human rights, I want to wear sneakers
I want to be drunk. Its my choice to put whatever I want in my body and noone has the right to ask or treat me any differently.

Next time I got to perform open heart surgery, I'm not washing my hands or wearing gloves. Its uncomfortable. And I don't want to use toilet paper, I prefer my hands.

My job already dictates alot of things that I either have to do or can't do

Have to wear the uniform they tell me
Have to wear steel cap boots
Can't smoke weed anymore on my days off because the drug tests that are taken can detect use from days or even weeks ago

Can't even really risk a big night on the turps before a shift as I have to have a 0.0 blood alcohol reading

Of course if I didn't want to wear the uniform and smoke weed every day, I could always quit - no one is forcing me

No, it doesn’t. This is about the right to medical privacy.

The client can choose to take the vaccine. He should not be entitled to know the trainer’s medical history.
How about a HIV positive dentist having to declare that to not only their employer but also to their regulatory body?
How about the ADF refusing to allow HIV positive people to serve with them??
Surely they too have a right to medical privacy!

How about a HIV positive dentist having to declare that to not only their employer but also to their regulatory body?
How about the ADF refusing to allow HIV positive people to serve with them??
Surely they too have a right to medical privacy!
Or the church being able to sack gay people upon finding out they're gay.

Needing to get the yellow fever vaccine to travel to some countries.

Back