Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And there it is. You protest for your right to not get the vaccine, yet want to deny anyone else the right to make an informed decision about whether they want to use a health professional who is vaccinated or not.

Me me me, my choice and rights over everyone else.

No I’m not. The client is more than welcome to ask the trainer if he’s been vaccinated. He can ask the trainer anything he wants. He can ask him how big his dick is for all I care. He can ask him whether he’s had a flu vaccine or a hepatitis shot, or any number of medical procedures.

The trainer should not be compelled by law to tell him.

Do you understand that you are trying to “gotcha” me because I want Australians to have the same rights they had for your whole life, and mine, up to and including the year 2019?

With that in mind, do you think maybe you are the one campaigning for something extreme?

No I’m not. The client is more than welcome to ask the trainer if he’s been vaccinated. He can ask the trainer anything he wants. He can ask him how big his dick is and whether it’s circumcised or not.

I would think that "have you taken the widely available immunisation against a highly contagious and deadly disease" wouldn't be a controversial thing to ask a PT.

Incoming

Israel 5th wave

United Kingdom 4th wave

It’s seems this vaccine is not working on the voluntary test group , let’s up the blame on the control group

One of the things I found amusing (by that I mean, disturbing) in the news yesterday was the WA premier introducing mandatory vax for practically the entire workforce, which he had split up into tiers.

The first two tiers basically have to get vaccinated by a certain date to keep their jobs, the last tier who were considered the lowest risk workers had to get vaccinated “to work during lockdowns or restrictions.”

Clown world has gone up another notch!

No I’m not. The client is more than welcome to ask the trainer if he’s been vaccinated. He can ask the trainer anything he wants. He can ask him how big his dick is for all I care. He can ask him whether he’s had a flu vaccine or a hepatitis shot, or any number of medical procedures.

Do you understand that you are trying to “gotcha” me because I want Australians to have the same rights they had for your whole life, and mine, up to and including the year 2019?

With that in mind, do you think maybe you are the one campaigning for something extreme?
So you’re saying you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend coronavirus doesn’t exist

This is actually a thing now, this is what they are saying.

Please note, this is not parody, these people are actually serious.

Are we meant to pick a team?? Now bear with me here...I just want to say...stay with me...What if reasonable people looked at both of those random tweets and thought that both could be wrong?

I’ll go slowly for you.

You.
Can.
Get.
Vaccinated.
I am, because coronavirus exists and therefore we must do certain things that we otherwise wouldn't have. Would I have gotten vaccinated against a disease I'd never heard of in 2019? No chance. But we aren't in 2019. We're in 2021. Coronavirus exists and has caused 4.9 million deaths worldwide. What is socially acceptable behaviour is now different.

So would you accept the choice of a gym owner who is hiring a trainer to ask any applicants if they were vaccinated and only considering those that said 'yes'? Keeping in mind that the applicant can say 'no' or 'I don't wish to declare this information'

• Most of the Covid-19 spread in schools and early childcare centres during Australia’s Delta wave was driven by staff, new research reveals.
  • In NSW, the highest transmission risks were between staff members and from staff to children.
  • Child to child transmission was less common, but household transmission was very high.
You mean the same staff that were some of the first to get vaccinated vs the kids who have no vaccines? lol

I am, because coronavirus exists and therefore we must do certain things that we otherwise wouldn't have. Would I have gotten vaccinated against a disease I'd never heard of in 2019? No chance. But we aren't in 2019. We're in 2021. Coronavirus exists and has caused 4.9 million deaths worldwide. What is socially acceptable behaviour is now different.

It’s interesting…I can’t see anywhere in any country’s constitution, legislation or any employment contract anywhere in the west where it says your rights are only rights until there’s a random respiratory virus.

Perhaps the US Founding Fathers forgot this part! They should‘ve put big asterixes all through the Bill of Rights.

So would you accept the choice of a gym owner who is hiring a trainer to ask any applicants if they were vaccinated and only considering those that said 'yes'? Keeping in mind that the applicant can say 'no' or 'I don't wish to declare this information'

If it was allowed to play out in the private sector like this, I think it would be a lot less insidious than a government-enforced mandate.

I don’t think businesses which did this would survive for long, quite frankly, but at least it would be a decision subject to the market.

At the moment, it isn’t. I wonder why….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we meant to pick a team?? Now bear with me here...I just want to say...stay with me...What if reasonable people looked at both of those random tweets and thought that both could be wrong?

It seems very difficult for some to accept that this whole situation is not a binary "red vs blue" one.

If it was allowed to play out in the private sector like this, I think it would be a lot less insidious than a government-enforced mandate.

I don’t think businesses which did this would survive for long, quite frankly, but at least it would be a decision subject to the market.

At the moment, it isn’t. I wonder why….

I think the business would survive. And situations like this already exist. Women only gyms are fairly prevalent currently and have bene for some time.

I think the business would survive. And situations like this already exist. Women only gyms are fairly prevalent currently and have bene for some time.

Well why not put it to the test? Why doesn’t the government stay out of it and let private businesses and private citizens figure it out for themselves?

I am not advocating for this by the way, I don’t think you should be compelled to tell anyone that.

But at least that way would give an indicator of how popular the idea was.

It’s interesting…I can’t see anywhere in any country’s constitution, legislation or any employment contract anywhere in the west where it says your rights are only rights until there’s a random respiratory virus.

Perhaps the US Founding Fathers forgot this part! They should‘ve put big asterixes all through the Bill of Rights.
Which of our rights have been breached by requiring you to be vaccinated to do specific jobs?

Which of our rights have been breached by requiring you to be vaccinated to do specific jobs?

I think that’s a question lawyers and courts will be figuring out over the next few months/years.

One thing is certain is that we’re in uncharted waters. Nothing like this has ever been tried by any government before in the history of this country (or any other western country for that matter, this issue isn’t just specific to us).

Well why not put it to the test? Why doesn’t the government stay out of it and let private businesses and private citizens figure it out for themselves?

So now we're heading a little bit to what I've been trying to talk about a long time ago here.

I'm totally OK with vaccine mandates in some industries but wouldn't see the necessity to mandate others. I'm also totally OK with a privately run business in the current pandemic situation making the choice to hire/serve people who are happy to show their vaccination status. Do I think all businesses would do this... no. In fact, I think very little would.

On a side note... Would I expect someone to film themselves for instagram going into one of these businesses being abusive to the owner/staff for taking away their right to choose... absolutely.

Couple of things...

It seems as someone who who is 'pro-choice' you've taken the approach of ridiculing people for choices you don't agree with. This just makes the argument 'my choice' rather than 'everyone's choice'. Can you see the irony in that?

Secondly... You've again thrown out data that has absolutely nothing to do with the point that you're trying to make, and this time it actually supports the opposite. All the while, you still haven't replied to any post previously that has given you some data to look at and comment on. Challenge yourself and actually discuss this information. If I was unsure about getting the vaccine and you showed me this graph then I'd be more inclined to get the vaccine... and I'm sure this wasn't the intention that you were aiming for here.

Thirdly... I see you've gone back to using 'vaccine'... Really??
I don't give a s**t what you inject in your body - my issue is with the 'vax' mandate. Do you remember back when the lying politicians were going on about "flatten the curve" lololol. For construction workers that are unvaxxed in the 18-39 age group they have a 0.5-1/1000 chance of ending up in hospital IF they catch covid. I do not think those odds justify them losing their jobs for deciding not to get 'vaxxed' for whatever reason it is they hold. We have already agreed that virus spread is no longer a factor because both 'vaxxed' and unvaxxed can spread the virus. Look at Singapore/UK/Israel for their most recent peak waves and how well the 'vax' stopped transmission lol... Cases as high as they have ever been.

I'm totally OK with vaccine mandates in some industries but wouldn't see the necessity to mandate others. I'm also totally OK with a privately run business in the current pandemic situation making the choice to hire/serve people who are happy to show their vaccination status. Do I think all businesses would do this... no. In fact, I think very little would.

I agree with the bolded part. But doesn’t that tell you something?

It seems very difficult for some to accept that this whole situation is not a binary "red vs blue" one.
I know!! Its a pandemic. I am not sure that in a pandemic having to chose a team is a great idea.
I dont support mandatory vaccines for everyone....Looking at WA, I think Group 1 is reasonable and I support mandatory vaccines for these groups...But some people want me to choose black or white but wont let me be a shade of grey! My grey is not acceptable to them...Its like you cant have a moderate position and must be either 100% for or 100% against something!
My grey may well evolve into white or black as the pandemic changes, given we havent even opened up yet.
It must be terrible to be so fixed that you cant amend what you think as evidence and circumstances change.

I know!! Its a pandemic. I am not sure that in a pandemic having to chose a team is a great idea.
I dont support mandatory vaccines for everyone....Looking at WA, I think Group 1 is reasonable and I support mandatory vaccines for these groups...But some people want me to choose black or white but wont let me be a shade of grey! My grey is not acceptable to them...Its like you cant have a moderate position and must be either 100% for or 100% against something!
My grey may well evolve into white or black as the pandemic changes, given we havent even opened up yet.
It must be terrible to be so fixed that you cant amend what you think as evidence and circumstances change.
Wait what... I'm pretty sure you have been one of the biggest supporters of vaccine mandates - so your telling me you actually agree with me that they should not be mandatory in all cases?

I think that’s a question lawyers and courts will be figuring out over the next few months/years.

One thing is certain is that we’re in uncharted waters. Nothing like this has ever been tried by any government before in the history of this country (or any other western country for that matter, this issue isn’t just specific to us).
So you think something is a disgraceful breach of your rights even though you don't actually know if it is a breach of your rights. Righto.

I don't give a sh*t what you inject in your body - my issue is with the 'vax' mandate. Do you remember back when the lying politicians were going on about "flatten the curve" lololol. For construction workers that are unvaxxed in the 18-39 age group they have a 0.5-1/1000 chance of ending up in hospital IF they catch covid. I do not think those odds justify them losing their jobs for deciding not to get 'vaxxed' for whatever reason it is they hold. We have already agreed that virus spread is no longer a factor because both 'vaxxed' and unvaxxed can spread the virus. Look at Singapore/UK/Israel for their most recent peak waves and how well the 'vax' stopped transmission lol... Cases as high as they have ever been.

The thing people in here don’t get is that this is never going to end, because there is no limiting principle to anything the government is doing.

I’ll say it again slowly for those up the back.

Even. If. You. Are. Double. Vaccinated. This. Is. Never. Going. To. End.

There will always be “one more thing” they require you to do to get back the freedoms you had in 2019 (which are gone, by the way).

The most brazen of these people, the Andrews’ and McGowans’ of the world, are already straight out telling you their plans for you. Booster shots and more restrictions. They have said this straight to your face.

I don’t care who gets vaccinated or who doesn’t. Go ahead and have as many shots as you like.

But if you are doing it because you think after nearly two years of authoritarian rules, this was somehow going to be the last rule you’d ever have to follow, I don’t know what to tell you.

Other than wake the * up.

Back