Marijuana

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 10, 2006
Glorious nation Kazakstan
AFL Club
West Coast
Quite a controversial subject in todays society, thankfully there is a growing trend pushing for de-criminalisations and awareness of the other side to the debate.

Myself? Yes I smoke it with friends, wonderful stuff.

I was wondering what BigFooty thought of it.

MG

Legalise it.

Personally though, I hate the stuff.

Something like alcohol/opiates makes me really relaxed, and less aware of my own state of mind, and (atleast seemingly) more intune to others.

Marijuana does the opposite, which is why I hate it. I become really focused on myself...every movement seems really intense, my voice seems to echo, I feel trapped in my head. And while other drugs make me feel more intune with others, marijuana makes me feel like I lose all my social skills. I can't give context to what people say, I can't tell if something is just a friendly joke or a threat. Everyone seems a potential threat, I'm paranoid and no longer feel on the same level as them.

Just my experience with it. It's amazing how weed can affect people so differently.

The biggest danger from marijuana is the same problems associated with smoking tobacco. But you don't smoke as much or as often as you do with cigarettes. The myth that it is a 'gateway drug' is just that - a myth. People with addictive personalities or those vulnerable to drug use begin to use it and move on to other things. Those were the kids who used to smoke banana skins to get high.

In itself it is nearly harmless and is it that much of a blight on society? Compare this: Person A goes and downs a goon bag and heads into a nightspot looking for trouble like you see so much of. Person B sits at home with a few mates smoking some weed, relaxing eating some food and watching movies.

One of these people will find themselves with possible jail time. This depends on the amount of marijuana they have.

Fair?

I'm watched as Marijuana has destroyed my younger brothers life.

Ironically, I was 16 and stayed home playing online games all day he was always out -smoking weed with his friends- and when we'd argue he'd say "You're a loser! Get a life!"

Almost 10 years later, he stays home playing online games all day, only leaving the house when he needs to smoke weed, has barely worked a day in his life, hasn't had a girlfriend in probably about 6 years and has a very limited circle of friends, consisting mostly of unemployed weed guys like himself.

I've smoked a little weed myself and I got very little from it.

But it can and does destroy lives.

Legalise it.

Something like alcohol/opiates makes me really relaxed, and less aware of my own state of mind, and (atleast seemingly) more intune to others.

Marijuana does the opposite, which is why I hate it. I become really focused on myself...every movement seems really intense, my voice seems to echo, I feel trapped in my head. And while other drugs make me feel more intune with others, marijuana makes me feel like I lose all my social skills. I can't give context to what people say, I can't tell if something is just a friendly joke or a threat. Everyone seems a potential threat, I'm paranoid and no longer feel on the same level as them.

Just my experience with it. It's amazing how weed can affect people so differently.

Stop smoking good hydro, it does the same thing to me. Move down to bushweed or something less potent.

I have only tried this stuff through a cookie.....cause I dont like smoking or inhaling stuff in.

This stuff made me ultra paranoid for a while. I was worried if it was ever going to go away. I pi$$ed myself laughing for about 30 mins but the rest was just headspins

A close friend of mine smokes it every day. Probably averages about 10-12 bongs a day, maybe more. He's completely addicted and gets depressed when he doesn't have any.

Funny thing is, he is a champion bloke, probably has the best work ethic out of anyone I know & is on a very good salary. Intelligent guy but chooses not to use that intelligence and I guess weed has killed a few brain cells, but is very with it most of the time.

Always asks guests if they want a bong or a pipe but if you say no he never asks a second time or forces it on you. Legend of a guy but his only downfall is the fact that he relies on weed for everything, has it before work, has it before bed, even can't go without it when his parents come over, and the fact that when he doesn't have any he's extremely down in the dumps.

I don't have it too often but when I do it's with him, probably have a pipe or 2 a month, if that.

Cigarettes and marijuana were the first drugs I got into when I was 13 through a couple cousins of mine, and the frightening thing was they are younger than me!:eek:
It was ****in fantastic for the first couple of years, smoking weed, getting stoned and partying, all before I was 18. But then there was one time I smoked some, then tried to walk and collapse. That didn't scare me initially even though everyone was saying my face went real pale and white.
It was when I had so much, initialy laughing my ****ing face off, then trying to get up that I got massive pain in my chest and ringing in my ears which lasted a few hours.
That got me starting to get paranoid of the stuff. I'm an asthmatic and have had it nearly all my life. I was fine when smoking it through pipes and joints, but couldn't handle bongs.
If or when I have any again (which I haven't for nearly a year), it will be through a pipe or a joint, but I'll never get excited like I did when I first started.
BTW that's not why I called myself thegreenmachine either.:eek:

I've had three cousins have nervous breakdowns after years of marijuana smoking. My mates who are on it regulary have changed even though their not aware of it, they have aged dramatically. Everybody reacts differently to it but you can't tell it doesn't have damaging affects. If your thinking of taking it up, make sue you understand the risks and then you can make an informed decison.

I'm watched as Marijuana has destroyed my younger brothers life.

Ironically, I was 16 and stayed home playing online games all day he was always out -smoking weed with his friends- and when we'd argue he'd say "You're a loser! Get a life!"

Almost 10 years later, he stays home playing online games all day, only leaving the house when he needs to smoke weed, has barely worked a day in his life, hasn't had a girlfriend in probably about 6 years and has a very limited circle of friends, consisting mostly of unemployed weed guys like himself.

I've smoked a little weed myself and I got very little from it.

But it can and does destroy lives.
Marijuana hasn't destroyed his life. He has. This is what more people need to realise

Legalise it.

Yeah that's just it, everyone reacts differently to it.

I love weed, I've been through the days of being a young kid and smoking way too much of it to now being in my late 20's and still enjoying it but not smoking it as much as I used to. For a while I guess you could say I had a bit of a dependancy on it but I got over that eventually.

It's funny because the way you described how weed made you feel is a lot like how alcohol makes me feel these days. Whenever I drink I just get agitated (I'm not a ******** who tries to start fights though) and if I'm out and about drinking I just go into my shell and kinda withdraw from the situation. Weird isn't it but just re-enforces that individuals all react differently to certain substances.

FWIW now that I'm older and wiser I have made the decision that if I want to kick back and relax I'd much rather do it with some weed than with a few drinks. That's what makes me feel more comfortable and in my eyes if that's the path people want to choose then there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. My girlfriend likes to give me grief about it sometimes but I've simply told her that its my decision and it's what I enjoy more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marijuana hasn't destroyed his life. He has. This is what more people need to realise

I know what you're saying..

But Marijuana and the culture that rolls with it has seriously impacted the choices he's made in life.

I'm not the type who will say if you smoke Marijuana you will wreck your life. Not at all. But to deny it's influence on some people is ignorant.

Especially as in his case, Marijuana bought on Psoriasis, which in turn bought on self esteem issues.

But, again, you're right it's not soley the drug. There were far more factors involved.

Especially as in his case, Marijuana bought on Psoriasis

I honestly need to know how this is possible and how this conclusion was reached, I just don't buy it!

In itself it is nearly harmless and is it that much of a blight on society? Compare this: Person A goes and downs a goon bag and heads into a nightspot looking for trouble like you see so much of. Person B sits at home with a few mates smoking some weed, relaxing eating some food and watching movies.

One of these people will find themselves with possible jail time. This depends on the amount of marijuana they have.

Fair?

[YOUTUBE]gwDRBm-qbQI[/YOUTUBE]

I honestly need to know how this is possible and how this conclusion was reached, I just don't buy it!

It's something that my Mum told me that the doctor told her years ago when they went to get him checked out.

I've taken it as gospel since.

After a very quick google search I found little supporting evidence.

i love getting stoned, but i only do it every 2-3 weeks in the comfort of my own home. nothing better than smoking a few doobs, kicking back on the couch and watching tele on a lazy sunday afternoon.

in saying that, ive seen many people head down a very rotton path due to weed. as with everything, moderation and self control are the keys.

Why legalise it?

to stop wasting tax payers money

to free up courts

to put an end to a lot of criminal activity associated with it

to stop young kids getting criminal records for marijuana which affects their employment chances for the rest of their lives

to stop wasting tax payers money

to free up courts

to put an end to a lot of criminal activity associated with it

to stop young kids getting criminal records for marijuana which affects their employment chances for the rest of their lives

You could use those arguments for any crime.

The last to are particularly irrelevant.

in saying that, ive seen many people head down a very rotton path due to weed. as with everything, moderation and self control are the keys.

Agreed. It only becomes a problem when you start to depend on it.

For me i smoked weed for about 2 years or so ($50 a week). It became an issue when i started getting aggro over petty things that previously wouldn't have bothered me. Paranoia too.... Gave it up, but went onto the ciggies. :rolleyes: One bad thing to another. :D

Wouldn't mind taking it up again in moderation. Like just for weekend use when i'm kicking back playing Gears of War 2 or something....

I started smoking bongs, really knocked me about after a couple of years doing it daily. I had a kidney operation before that, losing three quarters of my right kidney in the process (nothing to do with dope). After smoking bongs, i had a sharp stabbing pain in the operated kidney. After enduring hte pain all night, the next morning i threw up all this green, brown and black stuff. I was rushed to hospital and was told i was very lucky i threw up. And yes, i know it was extremely stupid but i was young.

Now, i enjoy kicking back and enjoying a spliff. Prefer it to having a few drinks. The key as a few people have mentioned is to do it occasionally. Keep it to weekends. Don't allow it to be an everyday thing. Because thats when the downward spiral starts. Trust me, i've been there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back