Mariners

Remove this Banner Ad

Big game tomorrow for the Mariners taking on NSW/ACT for the Division 2 title.

Josh Green would have to be a chance to win the Harrison Medal for the best Div 2 player throughout as well. I suspect Anthony Miles from the Rams would be the only other contender. May well come down to performances tomorrow as well.

Real shame it won't be at Etihad Stadium as it promises to be one of the games of the carnival.

For those in the know on here, is Jake Gillbee a chance to get drafted and is he old enough this year?

If so, what number roughly would he go?

4 goals out of 6 v South Australia wouldn't have done his chances any harm!

For those in the know on here, is Jake Gillbee a chance to get drafted and is he old enough this year?

If so, what number roughly would he go?

4 goals out of 6 v South Australia wouldn't have done his chances any harm![/quote
gillbee turns 18 this year so he should be picked up in the draft what number i would have no idea . plays fantastic footy if not picked up this year will be next year .:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yep, a win today by the Mariners delivered them the Division 2 trophy.

17 year old Sam Darley won the Harrison Medal for being the best player in Division 2 after another standout performance today, while Josh Green won the teams MVP award. Green's day ended prior to quarter time when he was taken to hospital with what looked like broken ribs. Jacob Gilbee accepted the award on his behalf, even posing for a photo with Josh's trophy :D

I filmed the boys at Aurora. Must say there are some impressive lads running around.

Look out for C.Riewoldt.

I will post a highlights clip over the coming days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back