Martin or Luey?

Remove this Banner Ad

While watching them the other night, I thought: geez, Leuey's extra height is going to be really valuable against the taller ruckmen (like Jacobs) that Stef struggled with. To be fair, I think Stef's perceived performance against Adelaide was partly an outcome of our mids getting smashed, but I think we'll be able to target our primary ruckman at the strengths or weakenesses of whoever we're playing against.

While watching them the other night, I thought: geez, Leuey's extra height is going to be really valuable against the taller ruckmen (like Jacobs) that Stef struggled with. To be fair, I think Stef's perceived performance against Adelaide was partly an outcome of our mids getting smashed, but I think we'll be able to target our primary ruckman at the strengths or weakenesses of whoever we're playing against.

I think Jacobs dominance over Martin definitely aided in our midfield getting smashed. Being able to mix it up on those ruckmen with another excellent ruck, will be extremely beneficial.

Leuenberger is our best ruckman, we will regret trading him (if it happens). Martin will never be able to spoon feed our mids at ball ups like Berger could. Ryder is more in the Martin mold, but better up forward, while not as good around the ground. That's why I am looking forward to getting the Berger and Martin combo going, we will have dominance in the hitouts to advantage and at the ground level.

If we do get Ryder, just have him play permanently up forward and take the inside 50 hitouts.

I am more worried about trading Leuenberger than getting Ryder. I just think it's a bad idea for so many reasons.

I am more worried about trading Leuenberger than getting Ryder. I just think it's a bad idea for so many reasons.
I agree with you there. I reckon we should try the Ryder, Martin and Leuenberger combination for a season before we make any hasty decisions. All this talk by the media about trading Leuy, if we get Ryder is premature.

I agree with you there. I reckon we should try the Ryder, Martin and Leuenberger combination for a season before we make any hasty decisions. All this talk by the media about trading Leuy, if we get Ryder is premature.

My main problem with that is Leuey being a free agent next year and who knows what they'll do with the compensation picks after Melbourne get pick 3 for Frawley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back