Multiplat Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Replaying it on Insanity for the first time. The first game was surprisingly easy- having Liara as a squadmate and using singularity is so damn op. I am nearly finished the 2nd (going through the DLC's before doing the Reaper IFF mission) and it has definitely been more of a challenge. I tried 2 on Insanity before but couldn't get past Horizon. I managed to do the final Horizon battle first time. I am not looking forward to the 3rd game. There are so many missions off the top of my head that I know are going to be ridiculously tough.
That's my next play through (insanity)

Soldier. Always soldier on the original trilogy.
Depending on your playstyle there are 2 options:
  • Only guns: The N7 Typhoon with the amour piercing mod can shoot through cover and those annoying Cerberus shields. With a shotgun and sniper rifle you can * up anything. Use Adrenaline Rush to get plenty of headshots and your ammo powers as you need
  • Mostly powers: Go light with the M8 avenger and maybe a sniper rifle or a pistol but you want 200% power recharge speed. Upgrade Concussive Shot so it gets the ammo power you have attached this will allow it to detonate combos. So you shoot a few times with the Avenger to prime the target then hit them with Concussive shot causing a major pyro/biotic/tech/cryo combo. With a fully upgraded assault rifle you can destroy a Harvester with a single clip
  • Squadmates: Liara and Garrus/Tali/EDI. Liara's singularity makes Guardians a joke whilst the other take care of shielded enemies with Overload or Energy Drain

Finished the trilogy on Insanity. It was not as hard as I was expecting, tbh. Although, making Garrus OP in the 3rd game did come in clutch a lot. The real killer was the lack of ammo at times. That really got me at the end of the Collector Base.

The only thing that really s**t me is missing out on the Paramour 3 achievement because I romanced Liara in all 3 games. Even if you rekindle it in 2 during The Lair of the Shadow Broker you don't get the achievement because she is technically not part of the crew.

Depending on your playstyle there are 2 options:
  • Only guns: The N7 Typhoon with the amour piercing mod can shoot through cover and those annoying Cerberus shields. With a shotgun and sniper rifle you can * up anything. Use Adrenaline Rush to get plenty of headshots and your ammo powers as you need

I didn't really like the Typhoon that much. It did ridiculously high damage but the accuracy was horrible. But, I did take it on the final part of the Omega DLC and it did come in clutch taking out the adjutants.

The only thing that really s**t me is missing out on the Paramour 3 achievement because I romanced Liara in all 3 games. Even if you rekindle it in 2 during The Lair of the Shadow Broker you don't get the achievement because she is technically not part of the crew.
Yeah I missed out on that as well (Liara romance all the way) until my partner played and romanced someone else

I didn't really like the Typhoon that much. It did ridiculously high damage but the accuracy was horrible. But, I did take it on the final part of the Omega DLC and it did come in clutch taking out the adjutants.
Yeah I don't like the Typhoon either. It's the gun I give to my squad mates. I prefer the Lancer with pyro combos on everything

Yeah I missed out on that as well (Liara romance all the way) until my partner played and romanced someone else

Yeah I don't like the Typhoon either. It's the gun I give to my squad mates. I prefer the Lancer with pyro combos on everything

I ended up just using the Mattock. I mostly stay in cover and snipe so I just needed something decent with good accuracy for any close up action.

Playing the games with mods is also a game changer and highly recommended. Not having to waste time planet scanning during 2 saved so much time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back