McLeod doesn't feel like past players are welcome at the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere

McLeod saying that the club doesn't embrace past players. If he feels this way with the work he still does at the club, imagine how the rest of our past players feel. An indictment on the club admin.

Just as I posted a while ago, the past players association was a sham created by Trigg to keep the wolves at bay. Our club exists to keep admin employed. The players and having to be successful on the field is a hassle.

Yeah, that's interesting. If bloody McLeod AND Edwards end up being pissed off with us, then we've really stuffed up. Or given them something in common.

The past player events seemed to be getting some momentum, but maybe they're not McLeod's vibe. Interesting to hear what Bickley says in response to this, considering he runs the past player activities with Jameson.

So just what has happened to Bunji to make him feel this way?
He has held coaching and liaison roles with the club previously.
I am genuinely intrigued to know exactly why he feels uncomfortable at the club.
And why has he felt the need to disclose this fact now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is particularly concerning. How on earth is our PR department going to spin our greatest ever player saying he doesn't feel welcome at the club?

Can our club seriously not stay out of the negative news for more than a month???
I find his comments hard to believe. Maybe its because we don't have a licensed club like other clubs to mingle in and its just a place of work but it is full of ex players. Maybe we just hire the miserable ones.

I find his comments hard to believe. Maybe its because we don't have a licensed club like other clubs to mingle in and its just a place of work but it is full of ex players. Maybe we just hire the miserable ones.
How often to players, past and present go down to venues to "mingle" with the fans at other clubs? It's a football relic of the 80's in my mind.

Its pretty simple. Hold Past Player functions more regularly or perhaps invest in clubrooms..
For guys like Macca I'd be regularly inviting them to talk to the current players. He's been there done that, knows what is required to win. Why wouldn't we want our players to hear from him? Plus the indigenous blokes would love it. Baffling if this hasn't occurred to anyone.

That's like with Chris McDermott.

I heard him once talk about the next generation program and how he went there with his son, but felt a bit uncomfortable being there.

It felt like a strange thing to say, but I do remember McDermott publicly declaring once that he has no emotional attachment to the club so maybe it was his own issues and not the club making him feel that way.

I do think the club needs to embrace it's former players and maybe this is why we need social facilities so people like McLeod, McDermott etc actually have somewhere to go and an actual club that they can visit.

That's like with Chris McDermott.

I heard him once talk about the next generation program and how he went there with his son, but felt a bit uncomfortable being there.

It felt like a strange thing to say, but I do remember McDermott publicly declaring once that he has no emotional attachment to the club so maybe it was his own issues and not the club making him feel that way.

I do think the club needs to embrace it's former players and maybe this is why we need social facilities so people like McLeod, McDermott etc actually have somewhere to go and an actual club that they can visit.
Nobody has those anymore. Any past player function is held off-site. The club needs a venue to go for supporters sure, but not ex players.

Bone will always be bitter because of his sacking.

This is a different, worse issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back