Vic Melbourne's Sudanese gangs

Remove this Banner Ad

The reason the cops beat this s**t up is cos they want to expand their powers and resources while overall crime rates in society drop and society becomes less violent.

Wrong again. Read the thread. The Victorian police have a history of downplaying the extent of African crime. Christine Nixon lied about the stats. Senior police denied that there was a problem and claim there were no 'gangs' until public criticism of their statements forced them to acknowledge the problem.

I quoted stats not manipulated them. And you have ignored a significant element that I stated. Australian-born youths of African heritage that are not counted in those figures. Over a third of the Sudanese community was born here. Police Commissioner Graham Ashton said they are responsible for a large part of criminal offending from within that migrant community.

In Victoria, affray is a criminal offence requiring three elements.
  1. The accused used or threatened unlawful violence;
  2. The accused’s conduct was intentional or reckless;
  3. The accused’s conduct would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to be terrified.
You make light of it, but the impact of being threatened with violence and terrified can live with you for the rest of your life.

Like I said it's a bollocks charge.

I've been threatened with violence and at other times experienced it on the basis of race (I'm not white) and there is a massive difference.

Especially in this case where the media pump it up. I was in Melbourne last December when all that racist anti Sudo media was happening, especially on seven during the cricket.

A tall black kid would just have to say boo in that context and people would be scared. Not cos of the kid but cos the media has set them up to expect a terrifying experience.

It's called framing and priming and changes the way people react to stimuli.

media-framing-101.jpg

Last edited:

Wrong again. Read the thread. The Victorian police have a history of downplaying the extent of African crime. Christine Nixon lied about the stats. Senior police denied that there was a problem and claim there were no 'gangs' until public criticism of their statements forced them to acknowledge the problem.

If most of it is done by people born here it's not African is it.

Last edited:
Like I said it's a bollocks charge.

I've been threatened with violence and at other times experienced it on the basis of race (I'm not white) and there is a massive difference.

Especially in this case where the media pump it up. I was in Melbourne last December when all that racist anti Sudo media was happening, especially on seven during the cricket.

A tall black kid would just have to say boo in that context and people would be scared. Not cos of the kid hbut cos the media has set them up to expect a terrifying experience.

It's called framing and priming and changes the way people react to stimuli.

Bollocks charge? The accused’s conduct would cause a person of reasonable firmness to be terrified.

This is what affray looks like if you don't get lucky with just being threatened.

An American doctor and his son was smashed by a group of teenagers after the tennis in 2018. The group of teenagers allegedly first approached the pair asking for cigarettes before demanding to be handed their belongings. Edik and his dad were then attacked as they attempted to flee: kicked, punched and pulled to the ground. Anything from hitting me in the head, kicking and trying to pull me to the ground. My face was broken into pieces and separated from my skull.​

Yeah mate. I've been there. White crime gangs.

Trying to kick me to death.

European crime.

Over the last 220 years in this country the massive, overwhelming majority of crime including violent, brutal theft, rape, murder, child trafficking and the rest has been European.

I guess that's what happens when you make a nation out of a prison farm.

One more point...

The children charged in the incident you refer to were not only charged with Affray. They were charged with more serious offences associated with violent assaults. One child on bail for another offence was specifically charged with that offence, probably to make it worse for them when they went to court re bail or serving more time with less chance of freedom. He was also charged with far more serious offences.

It shows that that particular group of people need help. Ignoring the problem like you are isn't doing them any favours. Why's this so hard to see?
What help do they need? And why is there no such trend amongst Sudanese people in Sydney or Brisbane?

I think former Victoria Police chief commissioner Kel Glare is right to question the police's weak tactics to not arrest any of the thugs.
Cool, so you're not a former police officer and you weren't there. Thanks for confirming your lack of insight. Kel Glare wasn't there either, most likely.

Of course a keyboard warrior like yourself would know better, though.
Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? 😂 Buddy, you're trying and failing to insult other people on the internet, you're exactly what you accuse others of being. You also pontificate on the finer points of the response to a situation you weren't there for, you speak from a place of utter ignorance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What help do they need? And why is there no such trend amongst Sudanese people in Sydney or Brisbane?

Cool, so you're not a former police officer and you weren't there. Thanks for confirming your lack of insight. Kel Glare wasn't there either, most likely.

Is that supposed to be some sort of insult? 😂 Buddy, you're trying and failing to insult other people on the internet, you're exactly what you accuse others of being. You also pontificate on the finer points of the response to a situation you weren't there for, you speak from a place of utter ignorance.
Victoria has the highest number of Sudanese people living in Australia. NSW has had similar issues, but not as many as Melbourne. NSW Police have been quick to call out African crime gangs in city and have acted on them before letting the situation get out of control like we've seen in Melbourne. WA actually has more Sudanese than QLD, but much less than Victoria. That's why you're not seeing Melbourne levels of crime in those cities and states.

Kel Glare has experience with this sort of crime and criticised Victoria Police's weak tactics. Rightfully so, as the Sudanese crime wave is still ongoing.

You're similar to Dan Andrews. You're a gutless coward who's too scared to call Sudanese crime gangs out. The result? More crime, more Sudanese young men's lives being ruined by crime because they don't know any better.

Grow a ******* spine, Johnny.

They certainly weren't all Sudanese either. As of yet I've seen nothing identifying any of them as African but have seen at least one identified as specifically not African.
What *experience have you had with crime in Melbourne?

*Recent experience, as in the last 10 years.

Victoria has the highest number of Sudanese people living in Australia. NSW has had similar issues, but not as many as Melbourne. NSW Police have been quick to call out African crime gangs in city and have acted on them before letting the situation get out of control like we've seen in Melbourne.
Oh wow, all they had to do was "call out" Africans and things were magically better. Pretty ugly to just go ahead and assume all criminals of African background are Sudanese though.

WA actually has more Sudanese than QLD, but much less than Victoria.
Oh dear, wrong again.

That's why you're not seeing Melbourne levels of crime in those cities and states.
Weird how you've been up in arms about an outsize percentage contribution to total crime this whole time, but you ditch it the minute the situation no longer supports your preconceived agenda.

Kel Glare has experience with this sort of crime and criticised Victoria Police's weak tactics.
Was Kel Glare there in that situation?

You're similar to Dan Andrews. You're a gutless coward who's too scared to call Sudanese crime gangs out. The result? More crime, more Sudanese young men's lives being ruined by crime because they don't know any better.

Grow a ******* spine, Johnny.
YouMad.jpg

Ah yes, I'm the scared one, not those scared of the big Sudanese bogeyman, and presumably too terrified to go out for dinner in Melbourne. Infantilising too to claim people are only criminals because they don't know any better. Does it make you feel like a big man to talk down to others or something? Perhaps you're compensating?

Oh wow, all they had to do was "call out" Africans and things were magically better. Pretty ugly to just go ahead and assume all criminals of African background are Sudanese though.

Oh dear, wrong again.

Weird how you've been up in arms about an outsize percentage contribution to total crime this whole time, but you ditch it the minute the situation no longer supports your preconceived agenda.

Was Kel Glare there in that situation?

View attachment 827859

Ah yes, I'm the scared one, not those scared of the big Sudanese bogeyman, and presumably too terrified to go out for dinner in Melbourne. Infantilising too to claim people are only criminals because they don't know any better. Does it make you feel like a big man to talk down to others or something? Perhaps you're compensating?
NSW Police calling out African crime gangs shows that they're not afraid to call them out and confront them, unlike their weak Victorian counterparts. It's refreshing, and NSW hasn't seen the issues Victoria has had as a result.

NSW Police on Wednesday said they are not afraid to identify a group of youths responsible for a crime spree targeting electronic stores across Sydney as an “African gang”.
Unlike Melbourne police, who got themselves tongue-tied trying to avoid using the words “African’’ and “gang” despite the obvious ethnic violence on their streets, NSW Assistant Commissioner Mark Jones said: “We will call it for what it is.”

Turns out I was looking at the 2011 census. 2016 has QLD having a few hundred more than WA, but still well behind NSW and Victoria. Happy to stand corrected there.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-23/man-shot-by-police-in-brisbane-cbd/11992130
Police shoot man dead in Brisbane CBD after tourist stabbed

Very disturbing story.

But no mention of the race of the perpetrator. Or where his parents were born.
Nor did they mention the colour of his skin.

Sudanese?
This conspiracy just gets deeper and deeper!
Afghan refugee on a terror watch list, not a surprise to see them downplaying that fact. Great that the QLD police took him out so quickly and permanently whereas VICPOL would have run and hid.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Afghan refugee on a terror watch list, not a surprise to see them downplaying that fact. Great that the QLD police took him out so quickly and permanently whereas VICPOL would have run and hid.

So are they covering up Sudanese and Afghan crime?

As VICPOl 'run and hide'...?

Do you think Tobias believed there was a conspiracy by the government and media, covering up Turkish/Kurdish/Middle Eastern/North African appearance crime or terrorism?
He might have but the latest reports suggest he was a nutter thinking about devil worship etc, there is no excuse for what he did regardless.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned about govt failings and media bias, as long as you dont use violence and preferably use the democratic system instead.

He might have but the latest reports suggest he was a nutter thinking about devil worship etc, there is no excuse for what he did regardless.

There is nothing wrong with being concerned about govt failings and media bias, as long as you dont use violence and preferably use the democratic system instead.

Do you think all of the misleading stories, the conspiracy theories, the posters telling him the gov and media is covering it up... do you think that might have lead him to killing those innocent people?

Do you think the fear mongering, the rise of the far right and their access to social media etc... could have lead to him killing those innocent people?

Do you think people repeating the same lines that have been used by far right racist groups like the Ku Klux Klan for years... might lead to violence?

Or do you think these far right attacks stem from facts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back