Switch Metroid Prime 4

Remove this Banner Ad

For those waiting for gameplay footage of MP4 they also announced a 3DS game with game footage..

yes, that's right folks, metroidvania stylee...

Its just a reimage\remake of Metroid II: return of samus again. Not much to write home about, other than this time being in 2.5 and changed bits and pieces in it.

• You can load up a menu seemingly at any time and return yourself to the “Last Checkpoint” or the “Last Save.”
  • The game does have 3D effects. (Hey, these days with 3DS games that’s not exactly a given...)
  • Going by the menu screen, it would seem as if there are 40 total Metroids (of different evolutions) scattered about the game for you to take down.
  • Samus acquires the Spring Ball not by finding a statue, but by defeating an evolved Metroid.
  • You can bomb-jump. (Respect to the Treehouse lady who did a bomb jump live on stream.)
  • Samus Returns has “Teleport Stations” that let you fast travel between areas. Convenient!
  • The Varia Suit is in the game, which helps you survive in “extreme heat.” You don’t even need authorization to put it on!
  • You lose your Aeion Gauge when you get hit by enemies, too, so you have an extra incentive to fight enemies rather than just run through them taking damage.
  • There are “audio cues” that let you know when to melee the Metroids, one of the Treehouse streamers says.
  • You can use the grapple beam to rip enemies off the wall.

Never played the prime games decided to play the first one and I’m hating the control scheme, I could understand it being better at the time it came but Compared to modern 1st person shooters it’s very slow and clunky to handle in comparison

Never played the prime games decided to play the first one and I’m hating the control scheme, I could understand it being better at the time it came but Compared to modern 1st person shooters it’s very slow and clunky to handle in comparison
You do know Metroid Prime was released in 2002 yeah?

Yes that’s why I noted that it was fine for it’s time

Are you playing with Gamecube or Wii controls via the Trilogy release? The Wii remote might offer a slightly better experience (it took me a lot of getting used to first though).

Edit: Also worth mentioning that unlike other FPS games the shooting is really about the 'lock-on and strafe' strategy for which the original control scheme isn't so bad.

Are you playing with Gamecube or Wii controls via the Trilogy release? The Wii remote might offer a slightly better experience (it took me a lot of getting used to first though).

Edit: Also worth mentioning that unlike other FPS games the shooting is really about the 'lock-on and strafe' strategy for which the original control scheme isn't so bad.
GameCube and I’m playing the original GameCube version (Yeah I kept that loveable little box)

Was actually lucky that a friend still had the first game although I’ll need to try and find the 2nd one since he didn’t have it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GameCube and I’m playing the original GameCube version (Yeah I kept that loveable little box)

Was actually lucky that a friend still had the first game although I’ll need to try and find the 2nd one since he didn’t have it

The Gamecube, despite all of it's limitations and oddities, is probably my all time favourite console. It released right in that early to mid teen era of my life when gaming was everything. Also has some of my top ten games in Metroid Prime, RE4 and SSBM.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back