Multiplat Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Bummer. I thought it was today too. Was going to spend tonight playing. I have at least preloaded it, which is a ******* wonderful feature.
Have you had a go yet? Very first scren is options and to change them I need to use right stick but the game doesn't recognise it. Even going to the controller options I can't actually change anything. It seems as though the right stick is meant to act as a mouse cursor but doesn't show up for me..

Have you had a go yet? Very first scren is options and to change them I need to use right stick but the game doesn't recognise it. Even going to the controller options I can't actually change anything. It seems as though the right stick is meant to act as a mouse cursor but doesn't show up for me..
The left stick is a cursor for most of the menu. I've been having no troubles. I have no idea what I'm doing, but man it's absolutely insanely gorgeous flying over Melbourne at night.

I fired it up after work this arvo and just got straight into it, basic controls so I could just cruise along. Started by taking off at Melb. Airport and spent like an hour flying around looking at suburbs I am frequently around. 😂

Then just before departed from LA heading to NY, got about a quarter of the way before I pulled the pin. It’s a stunning game and incredibly realistic, a real chill type of game as you listen to some music whilst flying around looking at the world. Can’t wait to get back into it over the next few days.

I fired it up after work this arvo and just got straight into it, basic controls so I could just cruise along. Started by taking off at Melb. Airport and spent like an hour flying around looking at suburbs I am frequently around. 😂

Then just before departed from LA heading to NY, got about a quarter of the way before I pulled the pin. It’s a stunning game and incredibly realistic, a real chill type of game as you listen to some music whilst flying around looking at the world. Can’t wait to get back into it over the next few days.

I held off buying the pc version for MONTHS

Wasn't paying attention and didn't know (until I went looking for the game on the marketplace) that us older Xbox One generationers can't download the game it's only for Xbox Series X/S owners :(

Might buy the pc version soon!

The left stick is a cursor for most of the menu. I've been having no troubles. I have no idea what I'm doing, but man it's absolutely insanely gorgeous flying over Melbourne at night.
Well paint me brown and call me stumped. My left stick just goes from tile to tile with no mouse curser. I can't join a spotlight event as I can't actually select a tile. Can't change any options or anything really.

OK I found a reddit thread. It's because the game has remembered my settings from when I played on PC. I had to plug a mouse into the xbox and set the controls back to controller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it possible to install mods on the xbox version? I just flew over Melbourne, and it's safe to say I was underwhelmed. Barely any buildings, and those that were there were generic. Oh and the MCG is just a flat image.

I see a marketplace with some world updates, but barely anything. I also saw that someone did some stuff for Melbourne but can only see PC instructions

Why does Melbourne look like it's had a natural distaster. The ring road is torn to pieces and some building look damaged
f56156386bf99ef735c9eb4e47e86647.jpg

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

At least I'm able to fly into Marvel Stadium now lol.
8673749f49cec632a6b181f8da7538a0.jpg

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
The rate that textures load is dependent on your internet's bandwidth. Check out this video, the guy recording obviously has high internet speeds and the buildings' textures all load up very nicely. The resolution on some is a little low, but they paid special attention to buildings like Australia 108 and Eureka, and also the MCG. Docklands is at 5.27

Old news but only came across this recently, and pretty pumped for it.

Never really took the time to get into MFS 2020. Was on the fence about getting an entry level yoke - but def will with this.

Looks nuts. A LOT more to do than 2020.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back