Multiplat Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne

Not really a flight sim player, but this game will blow everything away come 2020. Using Google Earth/Bing mapping and presented in 4k. The game will require direct online mapping as you fly, so internet connection will effect the graphics. Maps can be downloaded in advance for offline play.

40,000 airports to take off from and fly anywhere around the earth. Weather and environmentals all change. Small fixed wings to passenger planes.

Xbox and PC release.

Not really a flight sim player, but this game will blow everything away come 2020. Using Google Earth/Bing mapping and presented in 4k. The game will require direct online mapping as you fly, so internet connection will effect the graphics. Maps can be downloaded in advance for offline play.

40,000 airports to take off from and fly anywhere around the earth. Weather and environmentals all change. Small fixed wings to passenger planes.

Xbox and PC release.

Looks awesome.

While Flight Stimulator doesn't do anything for me, at least we'll be getting new videos from Airforceproud95

Good god that guys vids are top shelf.

Non stop lulz for the past half hour. :tearsofjoy:

Some new development updates and screen grabs. Going to be interesting to see how this runs in Australia. Microsoft claiming it will run fine on 10MBps+.

Expecting long map downloads, especially on xbox and not to mention storage issues. One note however, is the game can increase finer details in graphics once you have flown that particular area.

Some new development updates and screen grabs. Going to be interesting to see how this runs in Australia. Microsoft claiming it will run fine on 10MBps+.

Expecting long map downloads, especially on xbox and not to mention storage issues. One note however, is the game can increase finer details in graphics once you have flown that particular area.

"Will run fine" doesn't necessarily mean high detail graphics. I wouldn't be expecting anything better than FSX standard on the first fly over an area on 10Mb. And, as you say, this is Australia so 10Mb will be a stretch too far for many people.

Some of these recent screenshots. Holy s**t. RIP my graphics card.

Specs got released the other day, surprisingly readonable.
Recommended beyond my system but not that bad. Ideal is probably a stretch.
Recommended download speed 20Mb will be a problem for many thanks to patchy NBN. Ideal impossible for much of Australia, and that's what the best screenshots are presumably relying on.

Though, I seem to recall reading that if you fly an area regularly enough some is stored locally and some from download so quality can build with more flying time in a region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems, not surprisingly, a mixed bag for some areas. VFR looks very possible for following roads, rivers, etc. to go between towns and airports. Using landmark buildings, depends on the city. Sydney doesn't have Centrepoint tower for example, or even the harbour bridge - not just a correctly modelled bridge, no bridge at all. Which is sort of a surprise, I thought care might be given to cities with hand-modelled airports such as Kingsford-Smith.

From some Youtubers, it seems a lot like whether Bing has 3d imagery available might make a big difference to the quality of buildings. Without it, there will be a building there, roughly the right footprint and height, but not necessarily correct in any other way. In cities without it, some specific buildings seem to have been hand modelled.

Think I am almost there. Been trying since 2pm yday.

Yeah, reading it's a common problem at the moment. Although with more frequent blue screens of death and audio issues, don't think my PC is lasting the night without getting thrown out the window haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back