Mid Gippy 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Only 5 teams in mid gippy thirds. Very worrying. How can a town the size of morwell only field one under 18s side????

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Only 5 teams in mid gippy thirds. Very worrying. How can a town the size of morwell only field one under 18s side????

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
This is a HUGE Australia wide problem. Kids would rather sit on snapchat than kick the footy. Number were already declining the last 15 years. Then Covid escalated the decline even further. Morwell East tried to get an Under 18 boys team. Free Membership, Free Boots, Free Jumper and Socks etc and got zero players. Boolarra primary school is currently sitting at 25 kids. It peaked out at close to 200 in the late 80s.

Football has a huge problem. I'm not sure the AFL are funding enough money into grass roots footy to make it flourish either. But biggest problem is mobile telephones imo

As seen in the weekly times, 2024 predictions:

Premier: Newborough
Bolter: Stony Creek
Slider: Tarwin
B&F: Josh Pearce, Newborough

Thoughts?

Long time lurker of the Gippsland forums here.

Premier - I can't see Newborough claiming the flag, seem to have a weaker list than last year and a severe case of the newywobbles.
Thorpy is my prediction with the acquisition of a new look premier midfield Tank Rosato, Leys & Cheppi.

Bolter - Stony

Slider - Morewell East

B&F - Tank Rosato - Thorpy

Long time lurker of the Gippsland forums here.

Premier - I can't see Newborough claiming the flag, seem to have a weaker list than last year and a severe case of the newywobbles.
Thorpy is my prediction with the acquisition of a new look premier midfield Tank Rosato, Leys & Cheppi.

Bolter - Stony

Slider - Morewell East

B&F - Tank Rosato - Thorpy
Newborough's performance left a lot to be desired on Saturdays praccy match at Heyfield. Kicked two goals in the first two minutes and then it was all Heyfield as they ran out about 50 point winners.

Unsure what the biggest upset was over the weekend, west coast pumping freo or newborough running over the top of yinnar who were up by over 5 goals at 3qt.
As a spectator looked to me that the “yizz” caught the “yips”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back