List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - From 7PM Wed 29th May

Remove this Banner Ad

play Moir

He is nowhere near ready physically or mentally IMO. Away against the Swans I doubt he’d be able to contribute anything positive and would get exposed badly by the opposition.

I actually agree with Jimmae that our best bet is probably to swing Kemp forward to play the third forward role and play Marchbank down back.

He is nowhere near ready physically or mentally IMO. Away against the Swans I doubt he’d be able to contribute anything positive and would get exposed badly by the opposition.

I actually agree with Jimmae that our best bet is probably to swing Kemp forward to play the third forward role and play Marchbank down back.

Kemp is seen to be a key component of the defensive mix whether people agree or not...I haven't seen anything from Kemp to suggest he is a natural forward - would much rather see him getting his hands dirty as a mid if he isnt going to cut it as a defender.

Kemp is seen to be a key component of the defensive mix whether people agree or not...I haven't seen anything from Kemp to suggest he is a natural forward - would much rather see him getting his hands dirty as a mid if he isnt going to cut it as a defender.

He is a good mark and kick. They did trial him at half forward in Voss’ first pre season as coach but alas he had to go back when McDonald, McGovern and Weitering got injured that season…do you sense a pattern developing here?!?

Of the mid season draft targets I reckon Hutchison from Collingwood reserves is the one who could move the dial this year. Will
McLaughlin at the Geelong Falcons would be a good option in that role too albeit he’d be a slower burn.

Of the mid season draft targets I reckon Hutchison from Collingwood reserves is the one who could move the dial this year
I'd go Trey Ruscoe (ex Coll) from West Coast WAFL. He's being used as 3rd tall forward there but was mostly 3rd tall defender when here. Made the WAFL state team so going ok.
Averaging 15 disposal and 2 goals per game.

Or maybe McLaughlin (ex GC) playing with Williamstown this year. Was a leading goalkicker in VFL last year.

Last edited:
Must pick at least 1 player from our reserves now, so we have a depth option with familiarity with some of our players/system.

Unfortunate, but I think it is essential with our injury trouble.

Ramshaw, Maher, Lachie Young, Liam McMahon

I like Will White a lot, but I don't think he's body would be AFL ready for a season, and right now I am worried about having warm bodies

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

McLaughlin doesn't have it. Was on the Suns VFL team and they didn't make a huge effort to keep him, despite being a leading goal kicker.

The issue is he's physically limited. He's good enough football wise to get around it at VFL level but if he were to play an AFL game he'd be limited. He doesn't have the point of difference to handle AFL. It's the same issue Chris Burgess has. He has an even better goal scoring record and has had several cracks at AFL level but just can't make it stick and he's better than McLaughlin physically.

McLaughlin has been brought up for the last 2 yrs but hasn't got a go despite his goal scoring record.

Max Hall from Box Hill could be a good option to effectively replace Cuningham this season and long term. I watched him closely in the 2s game against Sandy and whilst he was quiet, he moves really well and kicked a booming goal. He looks ready to go.

Must pick at least 1 player from our reserves now, so we have a depth option with familiarity with some of our players/system.

I like Will White a lot, but I don't think he's body would be AFL ready for a season, and right now I am worried about having warm bodies

I agree with using our reserves options. What about Michael Rudd? Reckon he would step up at AFL level. He is a classy left footer with elite running.

Kevin Sheahan rated him in as a top tall prospect in 2023 Draft.

Michael Rudd
State: Victoria Country
State League Club: Geelong Falcons
Community Club: St Mary’s
Date of Birth: 14/05/05
Height: 193cm

A left-footer who has an outstanding work rate and presents as a marking target with a vice-like grip overhead. He was a consistent performer all year for Geelong Falcons to earn selection in the Coates Talent League Team of the Year and also represented Victoria Country. Kicked 23 goals across all competitions this season and averaged 14 disposals and four marks across 16 games. His elite running capacity and competitiveness was highlighted with his 6:17 for the 2km time trial at the state Draft Combine.

Just pick the 2 or 3 best available players, then target the pieces we need in the draft or via trade/FA at the end of the year…
I would love to be able to cherry pick a KPP and a mid/runner or small forward in the MSD, because likely our picks (bar possibly one) are likely to be spoken for at season’s end with Ben (inside/outside mid) and Lucas (wing/Hbf) and the rookie elevation of Boyd.

Reality is, with our first MSD pick at 10 or higher, we will be pushing the proverbial uphill to find AFL quality players. Hope we have some young talent secreted away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to be able to cherry pick a KPP and a mid/runner or small forward in the MSD, because likely our picks (bar possibly one) are likely to be spoken for at season’s end with Ben (inside/outside mid) and Lucas (wing/Hbf) and the rookie elevation of Boyd.

Reality is, with our first MSD pick at 10 or higher, we will be pushing the proverbial uphill to find AFL quality players. Hope we have some young talent secreted away.
The chances of selecting an AFL quality player ready to impact this year with our picks would be about zero.
Much better to speculate on 2 or 3 youngsters with some potential that other clubs have ignored in their need for immediate impact players.

Just pick the 2 or 3 best available players, then target the pieces we need in the draft or via trade/FA at the end of the year…
I don't think this is the approach in the mid-season draft.

The mid-season draft for me is really to find potential pieces to fill in gaps during the season cause by injury or otherwise. It's not like the National Draft where you're choosing from kids with potential, you're picking mostly from mature agers who hopefully can play a role.

Best mid with pace and X factor along with a medium forward also with the same attributes.

Can’t have players that are easily pushed off the ball. Must be able to stand up in a tackle so definitely not opposed to picking someone approx 25 in age rather than someone young

Best mid with pace and X factor along with a medium forward also with the same attributes.

Can’t have players that are easily pushed off the ball. Must be able to stand up in a tackle so definitely not opposed to picking someone approx 25 in age rather than someone young

One of Max Hall, Luke Beecken and Kobe Ryan in the mid season draft I reckon.

I wouldn’t be picking any of those guys. Systems at AFL/VFL level are all fairly similar - doesn’t take long to pick up the basics.

One of Max Hall, Luke Beecken and Kobe Ryan in the mid season draft I reckon.
I see Ryan & Frank Szekely were cut from the SANFL senior team to play WAFL. Kobe Ryan will play in the SA u20 team v the SA u18 team (ft. Campo x2).

Meanwhile Beecken made the senior team and I noticed at forward pocket they have 20yo Baynen Lowe.
Pommylovescarlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back