List Mgmt. Mid Season Draft 2024 - From 7PM Wed 29th May Live on afl.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam McMahon could be a good selection if he's close enough to being AFL ready later this season. He'd to some extent be replacement for JSOS utility role.

But he'd be available at our second selection if we were to take someone else first.
Likely, but not guaranteed. The brains trust should be able to work that one out in collaboration with the player. He would be a great pick up in the teens.

Forget every single name that’s been discussed the past month or two, I’d really love another Boyd selection and see this place blow up like last time.

I was one who was like, who the hell is this bloke, it has made for a great story.

Regardless of needs, more than anything, we need AFL capable players
The recruiters did say best available. Just after they said there's a few good rucks about we're stocked on that front. Could be anyone but a ruck is my understanding.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn't you say forward of some sort?
But would we consider Ajang Kuol mun or too raw?
They said the better options were "front of square" players which I took to mean forward half players. Maybe attacking mids, half forwards or forwards. But that's not to say the best available at our pick won't be a defender. We'll have, what pick 11?

Sorry, the name Brad Fisher should be on a locker and I am ropable that it's not. Bloody travesty. It's one of the things I'm genuinely pissed off at the club for.

He'd be perfect in our team now, tbh. Mid sized forward who can find space and take a grab.

If rumour is that we're only.taking one mid season draftee we should totally see if Fisher is up to being drafted as well to our second empty slot. We could then give him a run as a sub in round 22 or something to get to 100 games.

Our club has so many wrongs over the journey and i am all for righting them where we can. Bringing back Eddie Betts was an example

Given the response of Williams in the forward mix and Cincotta in the midfield should we be looking at other options to McMahon and RCD?
Based on katmanblue info we're not necessarily looking at those two anyway.

IMO we should be taking the second pick because we'll have limited picks in the ND after matching bids so may as well try someone out for six months

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got most thing covered the only thing we lack is hard tackling players like Boyd. I would still be looking at Heath Ramshaw and another hard nut. The VFL team might be getting beat with so many out but Binns, Ramshaw and Billy Wilson have been good. Their not going to be much too choose better of using the club development

Based on katmanblue info we're not necessarily looking at those two anyway.

IMO we should be taking the second pick because we'll have limited picks in the ND after matching bids so may as well try someone out for six months

I don't see the logic in passing on a pick unless our cap is absolutely at its limits for the year.

Take a swing, you never know what you might unearth.

You really shouldn't be able to take a player out of another team unless you give them an 18 month contract.

Hope Ramshaw has a couple of good games and could add some pace to our midfield. I pumped him up last year before the draft and then he struggled to get a kick.
I would take him before McMahon can't see him playing any of the second half of season with our main forward. Ramshaw replaces Cunningham who time at club is done due to injuries.

I don't see the logic in passing on a pick unless our cap is absolutely at its limits for the year.

Take a swing, you never know what you might unearth.
We seem to do that skip the pick, players selected are on like a 4 month contract so they give it all too see they can handle the AFL.

Has there been much talk around McMahon? I like him as a player and would gladly have him on the list but I think we'll look elsewhere.
Talk from who?

All I know is people at the club like him and think he deserves a 2nd chance.

We currently are crying out for a 3rd tall type so I suspect we will take McMahon with our pick.

Again, just my opinion

In terms of what we need...

A lot of people talk about leg speed. The debate then gets disingenuously redirected that they would rather a footballer with IQ or kicking skills over leg speed. Those proposing speed as a missing ingredient to our side obviously mean we need players who can play the game to AFL level who 'also' have speed as a personal trait.

I personally feel we are missing leg speed on top of the other basic requirements of a footballer. But maybe I just watch Carlton and don't appreciate other sides have exactly the same issue. I haven't done this exercise ahead of this post. It's just on eye test and gut feel.

The guideline...fast over 30-50 metres to help breakaway on transition or alternatively, to bring down an opposition transition play.

Rough order of magnitude ratings but the vibe of the ratings should be close enough lol.

'Quite slow' by AFL standards
  • Cripps
  • Kennedy
  • JSoS (not playing but would be right now if available)
  • Newman
  • Hewett
  • Pitto
Slowish (maybe middling)
  • E Hollands
  • Docherty (after knees)
  • Fogarty
Question marks
  • Marchbank
  • Acres
  • Fantasia
  • Owies

Who is considered similar from Pies list. Pies are considered one of the fastest transition lists.
  • Sidebottom
  • Mitchell (is he best 22 still?)
  • Mason Cox??
  • Who else?
Have i got rose coloured glasses? Maybe i'm cherry picking as i dont know the Pies players' weaknesses as much as i know ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back