Millewa FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts so far..

Golly sewn the flag up already
Bambill
Cardross
Meringur/dareton

Bambill not much change apart from big recruit glen Barlow, cardy heap of twos players recruited need a ruck man after losing both zochs and meringur dareton too much leg speed

Gol gol spending all the coin to make up for Nast years loss

My thoughts so far..

Bambill
Cardross
Meringur/dareton

Bambill not much change apart from big recruit glen Barlow, cardy heap of twos players recruited need a ruck man after losing both zochs and meringur dareton too much leg speed

Cardy lost both zochs? sheesh.. better tell the coach that one!

My thoughts so far..

Bambill
Cardross
Meringur/dareton

I think Bambill may surprize !!
A couple of recruits that haven't been mentioned on here as yet.

Bambil and Cardy (who have splashed the cash) will be very strong with golly (who also have splashed the cash). J Garraway played his best footy last year for Iry and will be handy, The ruckman looks to be heading to Mallee with his brothers but Barlow will replace and still have Big Hally who's gotten a lot better over the last two years.Bambill has the spine to build around. I think some are overestimating Meringur and underestimating Euston who will be a better drilled side this year and will win most games at there home ground. I think it's close with the top 5 and the other two will give the top 5 a good run if there not on.Should make a good season and that's good footy.

Cardy
Bambill/Golly (2 or 3)
Euston
Werrimul
Meringur (needs talls)
Nangy

Think your over estimating cardy by a long way! Golly would have to be favourites by a fair way at the moment agree about meringur good to see them back may test a few sides bambill need youth the might save money on hiring a bus that has to go to the retirement home to get half the team, Werrimull could recruit half of Hawthorns side still wouldn't get close apart from golly the rest could be close
Golly
Bambill
Cardy
Euston
Werrimull
Meringur
Nangiloc

Think your over estimating cardy by a long way! Golly would have to be favourites by a fair way at the moment agree about meringur good to see them back may test a few sides bambill need youth the might save money on hiring a bus that has to go to the retirement home to get half the team, Werrimull could recruit half of Hawthorns side still wouldn't get close apart from golly the rest could be close
Golly
Bambill
Cardy
Euston
Werrimull
Meringur
Nangiloc
So you don't rate hawthorn this year cob?

Starting to get a few clearances lodged now.

Early predictions:

Gol gol
Cardross
Bambill
Euston
Nangiloc
Werrimul
Meringur

Gol gol appear to be tHe team to beat with some strong players coming in. Cardross have recruited heaps but maybe not a lot of quality. Same for bambill. Euston are quiet achievers and will be surprise packet. Nangi played good footy at stages in 2012 but just didn't have the numbers. Meringur will start strong but drop off quickly as the coomella contingent loose interest.

Werrimul will be the big sliders. Too many departures - bates?, P Jenkins (Bathurst - employment :)), a Jenkins (moved), bailey (Mildura), Chatfield (nangiloc), duscher x 2 (or 3) (merbein), manna (cardi), marr (retired), mcgregor ?, smith (meringur?), Roberts (Doms), harradine (balranalrd), Tierney (retired). Not much coming in (Danny Thornton). Classic case of buying a premiership. Top to bottom a possibility?

Looks like should be a reasonably close season apart from front runners gol gol

A

Early predictions:

Gol gol
Cardross
Bambill
Euston
Nangiloc
Werrimul
Meringur

Gol gol appear to be tHe team to beat with some strong players coming in. Cardross have recruited heaps but maybe not a lot of quality. Same for bambill. Euston are quiet achievers and will be surprise packet. Nangi played good footy at stages in 2012 but just didn't have the numbers. Meringur will start strong but drop off quickly as the coomella contingent loose interest.

Werrimul will be the big sliders. Too many departures - bates?, P Jenkins (Bathurst - employment :)), a Jenkins (moved), bailey (Mildura), Chatfield (nangiloc), duscher x 2 (or 3) (merbein), manna (cardi), marr (retired), mcgregor ?, smith (meringur?), Roberts (Doms), harradine (balranalrd), Tierney (retired). Not much coming in (Danny Thornton). Classic case of buying a premiership. Top to bottom a possibility?

Agree totally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early predictions:

Gol gol
Cardross
Bambill
Euston
Nangiloc
Werrimul
Meringur

2010 Semi Final
2011 Grand Final
2012 Premiership

Classic case of building a team over a number of years to win a flag. 3 years in the Millewa is a lot of time for players given the age, conditioning and lifestyles of many so eventually people are going to retire or move on. Other then Golly and Bambill i have not seen consistent season in season out performances from many other Millewa clubs.

its a classic case. All about the money money money ;) .. :thumbsdown: :D

derr! 3 year plan 1 flag out of 2 appearances and now everyone leaves cause theres no money left, thats why they will slide!! watch golly this year dont like being beaten in grandfinals will go and splash the cash to make sure it doesnt happen again!

derr! 3 year plan 1 flag out of 2 appearances and now everyone leaves cause theres no money left, thats why they will slide!! watch golly this year dont like being beaten in grandfinals will go and splash the cash to make sure it doesnt happen again!
Haha you wouldn't have a clue you tosser

How far away until trials start happening? Looks to be an even season coming up by all reports

Top 4 way ahead of the rest, gol gol/bambill and cardy/euston. Bambill playing red cliffs as far as we know cardy prob play either merb or Irymple twos as per previous years and golly v bhill

Top 4 way ahead of the rest, gol gol/bambill and cardy/euston. Bambill playing red cliffs as far as we know cardy prob play either merb or Irymple twos as per previous years and golly v bhill
why is euston rated so highly? picked up 1 gun but nothing much else and were hopless last year

why is euston rated so highly? picked up 1 gun but nothing much else and were hopless last year

Only going on what's been said around the traps Ben Perkins signing at euston as well as denaro and stinky smith... If not euston maybe wereimul but they've lost to many

Perkins has signed for Nth Broken Hill again. Euston are always a 50% better team at home and will win most home games which gives them 7 wins then should beat Meringur and Nangy. With 9 wins you should make the top 4, till the wheels fall off but with Skinky as coach that should not happen this year.

Perkins has signed for Nth Broken Hill again. Euston are always a 50% better team at home and will win most home games which gives them 7 wins then should beat Meringur and Nangy. With 9 wins you should make the top 4, till the wheels fall off but with Skinky as coach that should not happen this year.

Good call fat side! Out of curiosity do u play for euston? Give us your prediction on bambill wereimul golly and cardy

No Andre I don't, in fact don't play anymore but just like to watch good footy and have cold beers. I was just helping out wriggler with his question about Euston.
Werrimul will drop off but still be competitive with the top 5 teams A few have left but still have a few more handy players from last years GF.
Gol Gol have most from the GF but have loss a couple of handy players yet added a few more with some younger ones Will be good but not as far in front as you might think.
Bambil will be right up there again a few boys from the Mallee a couple of handy/better twos players and some U18s that I cannot see making much difference this year but good for the long run. Most the senior (and I do mean senior) players having another kick so will be strong but slow which means they won't lose many at home (small ground) like most years,
Cardy heard a lot from out that way early and that there looking at a flag this year but I can't see it. Both Zoch's not playing so no first use of the ball and besides Sam Ransom recruited only handy/ok 2's players at best Will be competitive with the top 5 through.

So after all that, seasons not to far away and looking like a close year, got to be good for footy where I see Sunraysia being a one horse race.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back