Mininera and District FL - Pre Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Stasse would need to show a bit more committment than he has in the past 3 years. Didn't he crack the sads at Lexton when they told him he had to train to play seniors??

Stasse would need to show a bit more committment than he has in the past 3 years. Didn't he crack the sads at Lexton when they told him he had to train to play seniors??

From all reports yes dodgey that is correct. Can only see this being a quick money maker for him. I would not pay him to the seasons end, he might grab the money and run:eek:

From all reports yes dodgey that is correct. Can only see this being a quick money maker for him. I would not pay him to the seasons end, he might grab the money and run:eek:
You obviously dont like Stasse pockett!!!!!......he has signed a two year deal. Has been running for two months now. Came up to Ararat with g/friend and a gun full back who signed as well. All were very happy with first social meeting with Eagles. Is very much up for challenge to change culture and overall success of club. Has been surprisingly very professional about application to coach. Playing for less than three clubs offered. Eagles were only club who talked about coaching role. Has got players in the pipeline. Expect no major losses at Ararat and up to 14 new players gained from appointment throught local and ballarat area. Eagles hope to be competitive next year with a refreshed list and culture..........

You obviously dont like Stasse pockett!!!!!......he has signed a two year deal. Has been running for two months now. Came up to Ararat with g/friend and a gun full back who signed as well. All were very happy with first social meeting with Eagles. Is very much up for challenge to change culture and overall success of club. Has been surprisingly very professional about application to coach. Playing for less than three clubs offered. Eagles were only club who talked about coaching role. Has got players in the pipeline. Expect no major losses at Ararat and up to 14 new players gained from appointment throught local and ballarat area. Eagles hope to be competitive next year with a refreshed list and culture..........

I wont say i dont like him as i have never spoke a word to him. Im a long time follower of the now defunct lexton plains and therefor have made a lot of friends through out the league. As i said earlier from all reports out of C/L and Lexton he never trained and liked to yell at his players during games. So in saying that i would be very suprised if he is going to become professional about his football at such an old age. Time will tell and hopefully for you eagles out there he doesnt just do it for the money and can get you guys competitive. Who is the gun full back? And keep us posted on any other recruits cos as i stated im a lexton plains fan and would like to see the eagles go well:thumbsu:

I wont say i dont like him as i have never spoke a word to him. Im a long time follower of the now defunct lexton plains and therefor have made a lot of friends through out the league. As i said earlier from all reports out of C/L and Lexton he never trained and liked to yell at his players during games. So in saying that i would be very suprised if he is going to become professional about his football at such an old age. Time will tell and hopefully for you eagles out there he doesnt just do it for the money and can get you guys competitive. Who is the gun full back? And keep us posted on any other recruits cos as i stated im a lexton plains fan and would like to see the eagles go well:thumbsu:
From what I hear aound town the Eagles better buy a bus to bring in all their Ballarat based recruits.:thumbsu:

From what I hear aound town the Eagles better buy a bus to bring in all their Ballarat based recruits.:thumbsu:
Not to sure about..........They might have a couple coming. They have signed Nathan Wemyess from Carnham Linton. Great fullback. Hopfully more announcements soon.

From what i remember he played at taty for one year 2009? Then moved away for work.
Handy back flanker with a nice left foot kick. Pretty sure he made the mdfl team of the year he played??

This is correct, will be interesting to see how he goes, taty have been up the top for years.

The eagles need all the recruits they can get, not sure a bus load will make them a threat but you never know, good luck to them.

Who replaced Matt Rea at Moyston?

Not to sure about..........They might have a couple coming. They have signed Nathan Wemyess from Carnham Linton. Great fullback. Hopfully more announcements soon.

I read in the Ararat Addy that the Eagles have also signed Bungaree Full Forward Josh Brown as well.. Noticed on Sporting Pulse that he kicked 20 odd goals from less than 10 senior games go he must go ok.

A quality ruck, key defender and key forward is a good start for the Eagles...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read in the Ararat Addy that the Eagles have also signed Bungaree Full Forward Josh Brown as well.. Noticed on Sporting Pulse that he kicked 20 odd goals from less than 10 senior games go he must go ok.

A quality ruck, key defender and key forward is a good start for the Eagles...

Thats a good start for the eagles. I see that Brown also played 8 games in the reserves last year? Wonder why if he is a high profile recuit.

Someone told me yesterday that Tatyoon have signed a handy on-baller as an assitant coach. Made BFL interleague squad and finished 2nd in one of the BFL b&f's a few years ago? Any one shed some light on this?

Someone told me yesterday that Tatyoon have signed a handy on-baller as an assitant coach. Made BFL interleague squad and finished 2nd in one of the BFL b&f's a few years ago? Any one shed some light on this?

His name is Aaron Bird, played at North City for two years, one with Julian Sambell in 2008, they lived together whilst at uni in Ballarat.

He is a very good footballer who should do well in the Mininera DFL.

Thats a good start for the eagles. I see that Brown also played 8 games in the reserves last year? Wonder why if he is a high profile recuit.

Only a young bloke, maybe 21. He is a fairly big unit and not very quick but he can take a grab and is a nice kick. Wouldn't be expecting any miracles.

Spoke to someone on the weekend who follows the mininera league pretty closely and this is what is goss?

• Ararat Eagles have a budget of 70K this season
  • Their new full back is on 700 a game and Stasse was offered $800 from Woorndoo so must be atleast that or more.
  • Duncan is leaving Bolac and Spacey and Willox coaching.
  • Penshurst have some handy people returning - Uebergang?
  • Rovers recruited full forward from geelong but losing a couple aswell.
  • Moyston signed Cronin from Taty and Fiscalini from Ararat - Guinaine nearly left Moyston after signing on as coach to play at Skipton.
  • Jarryd Graham from Taty also leaving
Well that seems like a good start: any more goss?

Went past the big oval last night and saw that the Eagles were training, had a lot of new faces there and about 20 odd on the track and a lot of on lookers, it was a good turn out considering i didbt see training advertised in the paper, Well done boys I hope you have a great season.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Was speaking to an ex-lismore player on Saturday night and he said that Lismore had signed an ex-skipton player from geelong to coach for 15K? Anyone confirm this?

Spoke to someone on the weekend who follows the mininera league pretty closely and this is what is goss?

• Ararat Eagles have a budget of 70K this season
  • Their new full back is on 700 a game and Stasse was offered $800 from Woorndoo so must be atleast that or more.
  • Duncan is leaving Bolac and Spacey and Willox coaching.
  • Penshurst have some handy people returning - Uebergang?
  • Rovers recruited full forward from geelong but losing a couple aswell.
  • Moyston signed Cronin from Taty and Fiscalini from Ararat - Guinaine nearly left Moyston after signing on as coach to play at Skipton.
  • Jarryd Graham from Taty also leaving
Well that seems like a good start: any more goss?

*Troy Richardson and Gleeson from Collegian's RUP GF side to Hawkesdale. Possibly Hausler from Koroit.
*Stasse and Wymess 2 very good inclusions at Eagles. Brown will add to spine. Still trying to secure some more players. Not sure of any leaving.
*Rovers have Nick Byrne returning, fwd from Geelong and a ruckman from Sebastopol. Some senior uni students finished their studies and some players undecided. L Marshall to Stawell Swifts. Possibility of a few retirements in S Davidson, J Liston, Loader, Robertson and J Cahir.
*Moyston have a couple to Skipton and L Hamilton to Stawell Swifts.

not sure how marshall and hamilton will go in the same team but sounds like swifts are throwing cash around up that way. who is the fwd rovers have got from geelong? who from moyston have gone to skipton?

Matt Rae, Steve butler and maybe Simon Lockyer from Moyston to skipton. Hamilton will dominate for swifts they would of thrown heaps of cash at him not sure on Marshall be good on a wing. Rovers and hawksdale look good. Tatty will be on top again. Hopefully loader doesn't retiree legend of the league

Remove this Banner Ad

Back