3) Monkey King
4) Karloo Mick (2Emerg)
5) Smoken Up
6) Villagem
7) Washakie
8) Make Mine Cullen
9) Lady Lexus (1Emerg)
10) Mr Feelgood

7 of the best plus Rohan Home :D. Melpark Major should be in the field but thats another story.

Blackie will lead imo. Smoken Up the chair. Monkey King 1-1. Washakie will go the marker line behind Rohan Home imo. The rest in the running line. Villagem will head the 3 wide line at the 800m after a first half of 55. From their its just the best horse. TAB have fixed odds http://www.tab.com.au/Racing/Bettin...T00:00:00&RaceNumber=FHNMIRAWI&FORacingCode=H

I think they are pretty spot on, reverse Smoken Up and Feelgood though.

I think BAF is a touch under the odds but still think he will win - although in the same breathe believe Monkey King should be favourite. Seems like an oxymoron.

Add your vote to the poll and see if we can land the winner.

Biglaycock - firstly congrats on your family getting a runner in a Miracle Mile...every owners dream. It's pretty clear that he improved during his short break after the Breeders Crown (seems to improve with each preparation he has).

A few questions:
- How is he progressing since his Legend Mile win?
- Were the stable happy with his 2nd on Friday night?
- Is Lisa likely to make a move and lead up the 3-wide line at the half mile or sit (possibly one out two back) and drive for luck?

Personally, I like the $7.00 being offered about him. I think he is the one that is still on the upward spiral and seems to go to another level when driven with cover off a hot pace (which he will no doubt get in the MM).
To win the race, he would need to improve about a second and a half from his Chariots win, but from an outsider looking in, it appears he possibly has...

Biglaycock - firstly congrats on your family getting a runner in a Miracle Mile...every owners dream. It's pretty clear that he improved during his short break after the Breeders Crown (seems to improve with each preparation he has).

A few questions:
- How is he progressing since his Legend Mile win?
- Were the stable happy with his 2nd on Friday night?
- Is Lisa likely to make a move and lead up the 3-wide line at the half mile or sit (possibly one out two back) and drive for luck?

Personally, I like the $7.00 being offered about him. I think he is the one that is still on the upward spiral and seems to go to another level when driven with cover off a hot pace (which he will no doubt get in the MM).
To win the race, he would need to improve about a second and a half from his Chariots win, but from an outsider looking in, it appears he possibly has...

Hi TGM, Thanks it certainly is an owners dream, We have toiled with ordinary slow ones for long enough to appreciate this one. He has progressed very well since the Legends and his run on Friday night was great, He raced a very smart horse in Melpark Major and was never going to outsprint that horse from the death after a 63.7 first half. Lisa will more than likely drive for luck, These horses are far too good to lead up a trail and then hold off the likes of Monkey King/Mr Feelgood etc so we will just be hoping the split at the right time. I like the $7 on offer at the moment too but i think if you hold back a little you may just get yourself odds closer to the $12 mark on the TAB come race time.:thumbsu:

Had to vote for my own horse, Couldn't stand seeing him without a vote:D. Really looking forward to the race but certainly going to be tough from Barrier 6. Fingers Crossed

Just looking at the barriers, in reality he should be 1 out, 2 back behind Monkey King. And thats a pretty good spot to be in. I'll be having those 2 in a Quinella thank you very much! Monkey King for mine though. I reckon he is going better than last year. But I dont think they'll smash the clock because the early formation will be sorted out very early as Carlton Blue alluded to earlier. A Lonestar Legend drawn well would have made it interesting though.

What do we make of Smoken Up at the trials last night?

Goes 1.54.4 over 2200m,home 54.38, 4 days before the MM

seth

What do we make of Smoken Up at the trials last night?

Goes 1.54.4 over 2200m,home 54.38, 4 days before the MM

seth

What I make of it is that Lance (and I have had this view for a very long time) is a raving lunatic and just cannot help himself when he gets a good horse. He just continually bores it up them until they eventually go Pop!

He's been fortunate to have some very good owners who have paid big money for horses and he's had some great returns and obviously he can train but jesus he's at best an average driver and crucified a fair few horses along the way.

Everytime I see him burn one I think back to the Phar Lap movie where Harry Telford is convinced that he's found the formula to greatness by grinding every horse in the same manner just like he did big red. Only to realise that it was the horse not his training that made him great.

What I make of it is that Lance (and I have had this view for a very long time) is a raving lunatic and just cannot help himself when he gets a good horse. He just continually bores it up them until they eventually go Pop!

He's been fortunate to have some very good owners who have paid big money for horses and he's had some great returns and obviously he can train but jesus he's at best an average driver and crucified a fair few horses along the way.

Everytime I see him burn one I think back to the Phar Lap movie where Harry Telford is convinced that he's found the formula to greatness by grinding every horse in the same manner just like he did big red. Only to realise that it was the horse not his training that made him great.

come on Roy, what was the last horse Lance had that went pop??
Sooky won 2m. Raced until he was 10. No pop there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What!!! While I agree to an extent with his driving, he really knows how to prepare a horse for a big race. And while 1.54 sounds really quick for just a trial, one thing you have to remember is, it's Menangle. Ordinary horses can go very quick there. Can you tell me though. Which horse of his went 'POP'? If anyone knows how to get the best out of Smoken Up, it would be Lance.

What!!! While I agree to an extent with his driving, he really knows how to prepare a horse for a big race. And while 1.54 sounds really quick for just a trial, one thing you have to remember is, it's Menangle. Ordinary horses can go very quick there. Can you tell me though. Which horse of his went 'POP'? If anyone knows how to get the best out of Smoken Up, it would be Lance.

The trial was at Melton, not Menangle. Lance can train, but is up there with the worst drivers I have seen.

Smoken Up definitely should have beaten Melpark Major, and could have been better in his 2 NZ runs.

Poor driving from Lance.

I'm not really sure what else he (Lance) can do. The main reason he got that batch of high priced horses (Smoken Up included) from the Fitzpatricks, was that he puts his horses in the race. The owners know that and are happy with that. Smoken Up has not got blinding speed. But what he has got is huge reserves of stamina. So how do you think a horse with huge amounts of stamina should be driven? With a sit? He tried that once at the Melbourne Inter Final, and look what happened. The one good thing with Smoken Up, is you know where a field will settle in a punting perspective. And you can work out your betting accordingly. You know where he'll be on Saturday night and who'll be on his back.

No Mr. Feelgood in the poll??? Probably the fastest horse in the race but barrier makes life tough. Maybe the forgotten horse?

No Mr. Feelgood in the poll??? Probably the fastest horse in the race but barrier makes life tough. Maybe the forgotten horse?
My bad. Put Karloo Mick in again for some reason in his place - probably because Lady Lexus was in 9 was thinking the other emergency would be in 10. Vote for the bottom Karloo Mick if you want to vote Feelgood.

Great win by Smoken Up, wow what a time they ran, 1.50.4, WOW.

I had SU each way too, just knew he wouldn't miss a place, he's the toughest horse in Australasia easily, and he showed it tonight.

BAF was brave, probably should have won, probably would have won 2 years ago, just the age factor in SU's favour won him the race I reckon.

Monkey King never got a run at them, once Mr Feelgood peeled out, he was trapped, MK's driver should have gone in front of MF, his race was over the second he didn't.

Great race, great winner.:thumbsu:

For those that didn't see it;

1. Smoken Up
2. Blacks a Fake (beaten a nose)
3. Villagem (2 metres back).

UTTERLY deserved win by Smoken Up.

May I say one thing. Holy crap at the ground Villagem took off them up the straight. My golly goodness he was flying home when Monkey King could not go a yard. Eye catcher.

Villagem ran 3rd.

UTTERLY deserved win by Smoken Up.

May I say one thing. Holy crap at the ground Villagem took off them up the straight. My golly goodness he was flying home when Monkey King could not go a yard. Eye catcher.

I was shocked, I thought Mr Feelgood got third, watched the replay and it was clearly the run of the race by Villagem, watch out for it over a longer distance over summer.

Was that an Australian Record, 1.50.4?

Yeah. I think it was under it by .1 or .2

Just cannot believe the run of Vilagem. sheesh

Back