MJ is back....again!!

Remove this Banner Ad

ant

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2000
O.T.H. near Sophia's Bush
AFL Club
Adelaide
The greatest basketballer ever is set to return to the sport that he made his own.

nba.com

"In a conversation with reporters outside his restaurant Monday afternoon, Michael Jordan all but confirmed rumors that he is heading back to the NBA. Jordan was quoted as saying, "I'm doing it for the love of the game." Jordan also said that a news conference with his official decision will be held within the next 10 days. "

A lot of people have said that he shouldn't return, that he wouldn't be as good as he was before and while this is true, I for one am thrilled to see the great man return. I'm not expecting MJ to revisit his glory days and win the scoring title but to see him lace up the Air Jordans for one more season would be sensational.

I'm excited!!! Now I just need some Wizards gear.........

Originally posted by ant
The greatest basketballer ever is set to return to the sport that he made his own.

A lot of people have said that he shouldn't return, that he wouldn't be as good as he was before and while this is true, I for one am thrilled to see the great man return. I'm not expecting MJ to revisit his glory days and win the scoring title but to see him lace up the Air Jordans for one more season would be sensational.

I'm excited!!! Now I just need some Wizards gear.........

Thanks for the update ant.

I had to laugh at a reporter about 3 weeks ago who asked MJ if he was worried that he would make a fool of himself if he made a comeback. Jordan shook his head and said "What? do you think I've forgotten how to play the game?" - brilliant come back!

The level of fitness he kept his body at and the intense passion he has to win will see him average between 16 and 22 points per game, 4/5 assists p/g and 5/6 boards p/g.

The game will come alive again!! - watch the ratings go through the roof!

No doubt Shermanator, from all reports he's been working out for months, practising endlessly against NBA-calibre players, so he'll be well prepared if he was to make a comeback. It certainly wouldn't be a snap decision from MJ, but one he's considered carefully and he'd be a very handy player for the Wizards.

I can't wait to watch him on Foxtel, I get the feeling plenty of Wizards games will televised now.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Im heading to NBA.com right now to read up on it, Ant you better have not got me excited for no apparent reason, oh and i think MJ is still good enough to average around 25 a game. Look at Malone, he still gets 21 22 a game and he is less mobile and doesnt have the offensive arsenal of MJ.

C'mon man, let's just sit back and enjoy watching MJ play again, while he still can. This 'Third Coming' won't tarnish the legend, it'll probably enhance it, and maybe he'll teach some of these young punks a thing or two.

He's doing it for the love of the game, I don't think he's expecting too much from himself, and I reckon we should just relax and enjoy the ride, MJ knows what he's doing.

I feel guilty about talking about something other than the Terrorist Crisis in America. Still not sure whether it is the right decision or not but thats all i will say in the wake of the biggest shock i have ever seen (I aint talking about MJ's comeback). Besides its still not 100% confirmed.

ah, who cares..

as far as i'm concerned, the greatest comeback will be if Dennis Rodman signs with the pacers !!! (reports only)... hahaha..

j/k...

nah, cant wait for the season to start now...

ah, who cares..

as far as i'm concerned, the greatest comeback will be if Dennis Rodman signs with the pacers !!! (reports only)... hahaha..

j/k...

nah, cant wait for the season to start now...
sure, i dont wanna see MJ tarnish his incredible image...

but then again, any chance to see the man play again, we all should be thankful ~~~

Originally posted by X_box_X
Washington are going to go from Crap - Good!
I have known about this for 3 days, but didnt bother posting it!

Charles Barkley might be playing for the Wizards too!

Barkley wont return. If MJ does return i doubt he will be able to get them into the playoffs, there is just such a lack of talent at the Wizards. You never know though with the trading deadline still months away it could drag stars from other teams with the bait being able to play alongside the greatest player ever.

i am a bit peeved when i heard this news.... i forked out over $6000 to see him play his last finals series the second time thinking it would be his last.... GRRRR and i cant afford or dont want to, fork out the money to watch his comeback game against the Knicks in maddison square garden. (i was suppose to go to the states at the beginning of sept. but am glad i blew my money on trips to melbourne earlier this year.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by jod23

You never know though with the trading deadline still months away it could drag stars from other teams with the bait being able to play alongside the greatest player ever.

Good point Jod, who wouldn't want to play with the best. Look for some big names to shift camp!

Originally posted by Shermanator

Good point Jod, who wouldn't want to play with the best. Look for some big names to shift camp!

Yeah with any luck some big names could come over so they can always boast i played with the best. I know i would certainly consider it. If a couple of big names come over, look out cos MJ doesnt like to lose and given the right company he will once again win the whole lot. But if Washington cant pull off some big moves then he wont be able to do it alone.

Originally posted by ant

CONFIRMED. 2 year deal with Washington and apparently he is donating his 1st year salary to the victims of the Sept 11 disaster...what a champion!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back