mobile pones

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Have been told by Vodafone that my old tiny little Samsung 3G phone will not work after the 30th of April this year because the delivery system "what ever " they use, will finish being available, no 2 something, yes, forgive me I know stuffall about this, got vodafone to transfer all my stuff from my sim card to a second hand , touch phone my son had , its ok but it could take me until Brisbane win a flag again to understand it.
What I'm asking is this, I don't use this old phone of mine for email and internet, or the other fancy stuff people seem to use these days everywhere..
Or could I have kept my old phone as it was, because I only used it to text or as a telephone, I found after they'd transferred all the info to the newie , that my memo section was not there but it was still on my old phone, I'm wondering if I should just put my sim card back in the old phone, but I have no idea if it will work for what I use it for?
Any one got any idea what I'm talking about?
Thanks and sorry for the stupid question.

So just so i can understand, i believe that your Old Samsung wont work because of the 2G shut off. When transferring SIM cards none of your data comes across but your phone number and contacts but only if you had them stored on your SIM card, this includes your Memo section - What is the phone you're currently using?

So just so i can understand, i believe that your Old Samsung wont work because of the 2G shut off. When transferring SIM cards none of your data comes across but your phone number and contacts but only if you had them stored on your SIM card, this includes your Memo section - What is the phone you're currently using?
A Samsung Galaxy S2. About 5 years old, it did exactly what you said only my contacts , so my memo was gone , should I just re copy those memos into the newer phone by hand?
I still have the memo's left on the old phone.
Yes its the 2G shut off, as I said I don't know if that shuts of all the product extras on the phone , I used the thing as a phone and as a text, but thats all.

Thanks for your interest. Appreciated.

A Samsung Galaxy S2. About 5 years old, it did exactly what you said only my contacts , so my memo was gone , should I just re copy those memos into the newer phone by hand?
I still have the memo's left on the old phone.
Yes its the 2G shut off, as I said I don't know if that shuts of all the product extras on the phone , I used the thing as a phone and as a text, but thats all.

Thanks for your interest. Appreciated.
With the 2G shutting down it wont affect anything else on your phone in terms of data etc.. with your memos there is 2 ways to get them across.

1 - Download Samsung Kies, Samsung S2 is compatible with this program. You will also need to download Samsung Smart Switch because your new phone may not be compatible with Kies. If it is then you'll only need to download Kies. Try it first before you download Smart Switch. So once you have downloaded Kies you want to connect your S2 up to your computer (Im assuming you have one) and then on the left hand side you should see your phone. Now what you want to do is select your phone and hit "Backup" - Now you can choose to backup everything or just your memos. Once you have done that and it has finished backing up - connect your new phone and select "Restore Backup" and select the backup from your S2 - What this does is it will transfer everything acorss from your old phone to your new one.

2 - If you have a google account on your S2 if you go into Settings > Accounts > Select Account and check to see if your Memos have been selected to be synced. If they haven't - hit the box that allows it to be synced. If they have then all you should have to do is sign into the same account on your new phone and it should sync across. (Have to be connected to wifi or data)

Let me know how you go and if bits didn't make sense etc

With the 2G shutting down it wont affect anything else on your phone in terms of data etc.. with your memos there is 2 ways to get them across.

1 - Download Samsung Kies, Samsung S2 is compatible with this program. You will also need to download Samsung Smart Switch because your new phone may not be compatible with Kies. If it is then you'll only need to download Kies. Try it first before you download Smart Switch. So once you have downloaded Kies you want to connect your S2 up to your computer (Im assuming you have one) and then on the left hand side you should see your phone. Now what you want to do is select your phone and hit "Backup" - Now you can choose to backup everything or just your memos. Once you have done that and it has finished backing up - connect your new phone and select "Restore Backup" and select the backup from your S2 - What this does is it will transfer everything acorss from your old phone to your new one.

2 - If you have a google account on your S2 if you go into Settings > Accounts > Select Account and check to see if your Memos have been selected to be synced. If they haven't - hit the box that allows it to be synced. If they have then all you should have to do is sign into the same account on your new phone and it should sync across. (Have to be connected to wifi or data)

Let me know how you go and if bits didn't make sense etc

Thanks very much for that I'll give it a try or get one of my kids to do it. Once again thank you, that was great info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back