Moderators

Remove this Banner Ad

BulldogMike said:
Talking about yourself in the 3rd person is more likely to land you in a mental ward not a moderator, just some friendly advice. ( No way is this advice considered professional or endorsed by the site)
Wow, there's been some serious sucking up from you in this forum i've noticed of late. In stark contrast to some other places.

1980GFVideo said:
What are the perks that come with being a moderator that makes one want to moderate.

Is it the chicks that you get surrounded with or being mobbed down the street?
Think of "Colin Wheeler" off the H&R Block tax ad. ;)

BulldogMike said:
Talking about yourself in the 3rd person is more likely to land you in a mental ward not a moderator, just some friendly advice. ( No way is this advice considered professional or endorsed by the site)
Could be worse, he could actually talk to his alter ego.

portentous said:
I think you need more female mods AA! :)

Looks like someone is sucking up for a mods job. :rolleyes: Maybe apply for mod of the Crows forum. You spend enough time there. Oh & I'm only joking so thats okay isn't it?

Clubbin said:
Looks like someone is sucking up for a mods job. :rolleyes: Maybe apply for mod of the Crows forum. You spend enough time there. Oh & I'm only joking so thats okay isn't it?

Clubbin you were wrong. No way do I ever want to be a mod-nor would I "qualify". I've done it elsewhere before and it's a pain in the butt quite frankly. Just think there's a bit of gender bias going on here......No offence AA.

I haven't noticed any problems not having many female mods. I reckon you'd have too much bitching if there was more anyway. :eek:

Clubbin said:
I haven't noticed any problems not having many female mods. I reckon you'd have too much bitching if there was more anyway. :eek:
It would depend on the personalities involved. It CAN work, but you have to be careful. It seemed to always come "unstuck" at the site I was a mod at before but in theory it should be ok......

portentous said:
Just think there's a bit of gender bias going on here.......

Based merely on the number of female moderators?

We've got four (if Bresh counts) female mods. That's about 10% of mods.

Of the most regular 1000 or so posters, what percentage do you think are female?

phat said:

Of the most regular 1000 or so posters, what percentage do you think are female?

Is Bresh Female? :eek:

I didnt pick it....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

phat said:

Well I'm not going to count all the females in the 1000+ post category, but...

Gender % for users with 5000+ posts...
Male: 93.4%
Female: 6.6%

Nightwolf_69 said:
Is Bresh Female? :eek:

I didnt pick it....

Don't feel bad, Bresh only just worked it out.

silky-smooth said:

Pretty much what i expected.

silky-smooth said:

wow. Didnt think it was that much of a difference. :(

The thing with that one is though many females get struck down within their first few posts, for only liking football for the men in shorts... I'm glad I stuck through it. :cool:

AngelEyes said:
The thing with that one is though many females get struck down within their first few posts, for only liking football for the men in shorts... I'm glad I stuck through it. :cool:

Indeed AE.... Once footy starts again I'll be back to the boards posting about the game I love dearly. And retiring the handle _espoir, I can start off fresh! ;)

But I agree with you about females getting struck down, but lucky enough I was never one of those either... guess ya gotta pick a handle with out the "I think so and so is hot or I LOVE YOU!" but anyways...

Appleyard said:
There is no such list. All people have personal ideas of who they do and do not want to interact with but I don't remember any mod taking the trouble to mention you as being either particularly troublesome or an exceptionally good contributor.
How much do mod's get paid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back