Molloy

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
Is it time for Molloy to go to the VFL for a while.No im not having a Knee-jerk reaction after yesterdays flogging,because I havent seen Molloy play a GOOD game in nearly 2 seasons.I know he has been injured(last year) but he seems to be playing on reputation only.Lets make some of these players competitive for there spots.

When he was with the Lions, one of his worst traits was his body language when things weren't going well for him.

On what I saw yesterday, he hasn't changed.

There was an incident (third quarter, I think) where a kick came out to the half-forward flank and he was one on one with an opponent. He did well to work his man under the ball which then bounced over both their heads.

On a good day, it would have sat up, he could have turned around, gathered it and had an unimpeded run into the forward 50 for a shot on goal.

But NO!

The ball ran on and over the boundary line.

Bad luck, but I noticed that Molloy then threw his hands up in exasperation, slumped his shoulders and generally took on the demeanour of having a sulk.

Very bad body language and not conducive to lifting the morale of his team-mates.

I think Jarrod needs to come to the realisation that bad days and ill fortune are going to happen but that the harder you work, the luckier you will eventually get.

harsh we 18-20 blokes who had poor games or little influence....
Molloy was very good against Geelong only 2 weeks ago.
Don't know why we didn't shift him back at some stage.
Molloy's a very impulsive, passionate player - in fact I don't want him any other way.

i know we had about 15 players down but Molloy has done nothing at all to warrant selection(i think he was average against geelong the other week).He is playing on Reputataion alone and that aint putting goals on the scoreboard.Sometimes i think Mick should put him on the wing for a while so he can get his hands on it a bit more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back