Remove this Banner Ad

hazza1824

Rookie
Jan 31, 2012
Fremantle
AFL Club
West Coast
Hello,

I know its getting near the pointy end of the footy season, but I just had a few questions.
I am moving over from Western Australia and am looking for a new footy club for next season.
I am arriving in Melbourne in the next 2 weeks and thought it would be a good chance to have a look at a few clubs before the start of next season.
I will be living around the Ivanhoe/Heidelberg area, but am willing to do a little of travelling.
I am not sure of where I would fit into the standard of football over in Victoria, so I'll just give a quick profile:
24 years old, 190cm, 92kg.
Centre Half Forward/Full Forward.
WA Amateur U/23 State Representative 2009 & 2011.
2010, 2011 Club Leading Goalkicker.
2010 A Grade WAAFL League Leading Goalkicker.
2007 WA Colts Country All-Star Team.
I have played seniors since I was 15 years old and moved to Perth and began playing A Grade League in 2008.

If anyone could suggest a level that is similar to the league over in WA?
Or if there is a club that is interested, please contact me.

Thanks

You'll be living in the right area to look at clubs in the Eastern Football League, which is pretty strong. There's a pretty healthy mix of ex-AFL players through the grades and standard is generally high. You won't have any trouble finding a club - are you looking for $?

PM if you'd like contact details for a Club Pres who can probably help you with some suggestions.

Just gonna hijack this blokes thread again...

So I'm in the same position, kind of. I'm 18 and I'll be moving over to Melbourne next year.

There's a 70% likelihood that I'll be living in Hawthorn, but Fitzroy and the surrounding areas aren't that unlikely. I like to say I'm a bit of a Paul Seedsman, pretty skinny but some capable skills. I'm currently playing Colts for Wesley Curtin in the WAAFL (the VAFA equivalent here).

Am I eligible to play colts, as I turn 19 in February?

And what are some decent clubs. I won't get a game A/B grade seniors, either. I dunno how keen I am on the Swinburne Razorbacks, so are there some other sides?

Just gonna hijack this blokes thread again...

So I'm in the same position, kind of. I'm 18 and I'll be moving over to Melbourne next year.

There's a 70% likelihood that I'll be living in Hawthorn, but Fitzroy and the surrounding areas aren't that unlikely. I like to say I'm a bit of a Paul Seedsman, pretty skinny but some capable skills. I'm currently playing Colts for Wesley Curtin in the WAAFL (the VAFA equivalent here).

Am I eligible to play colts, as I turn 19 in February?

And what are some decent clubs. I won't get a game A/B grade seniors, either. I dunno how keen I am on the Swinburne Razorbacks, so are there some other sides?

Yes - colts in now U19 with a 1 January date.
Have a look a the EFL website and go to Div 1 Colts - there are many good clubs and sides in your area.
Be a bit careful in that Colts is not graded - you play in the grade of your seniors - so you need to pick a club that has both a strong seniors and a strong Colts team.

The orange tigers football club located in orange nsw and plays in the central west afl is seeking a senior coach for the 2013 season. The club finished 3rd in the seniors, 1st in reserves and 3rd in under 17 this season. If you would like to take charge of a exciting young club forward your details to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back