MRP / Trib. MRP 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The actual infringement is so pathetic it’s almost as if they’ve cited him in the expectation it’ll be challenged and overturned. Sort of an optics exercise.

Am I the only one who can’t see where he threw his head forward (rather than being engaged in a tussle) and made contact? I see the initial coming together but there was no contact then walters faces away and lockhart holding his head....can't be based on the footage only...cause it didn't look intentional tbh

I'm not as confident as some he'll get off. Regardless of what the official rules say, head butts, kicking and pinching are all in that group of 'breaking the honour code' of offences. Just whack the guy next time.

Am I the only one who can’t see where he threw his head forward (rather than being engaged in a tussle) and made contact? I see the initial coming together but there was no contact then walters faces away and lockhart holding his head....can't be based on the footage only...cause it didn't look intentional tbh

It was a coming together more than anything - both players motioned forward

Different if it was a Zidane type headbutt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would LOVE to see some side on vision of the players moving towards each other, this is a bloody joke, it isn't even enough force to call it a headbutt in my mind

Didn't Walters get charged with this then thrown out last year?

He shouldn't have done it, but telling someone there's low impact in this and not in Fyfe and Abletts elbows is a joke. I know which one id rather cop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back