MRP / Trib. MRP and Tribunal - 2024 - Rd 5 - Charlie Cameron 1 week?

Remove this Banner Ad

When is the AFL going to stop pandering to the bogans and just get rid of unnecessary violence.

I don't care whether it was a tap, get rid of it.

Kicking has no place in the game and to allow that to happen even in mild form is just siding with cowards.

James Sicily in that moment was an absolute coward and its time people started calling people for what they are in those moments.

Disgusting and archaic.

Well said & spot on !!!

The AFL are allowing players to punch (eg. Hewitt) and now kick .......... may as well bring back king-hits and shirtfronts whilst they are at it.

Well said & spot on !!!

The AFL are allowing players to punch (eg. Hewitt) and now kick .......... may as well bring back king-hits and shirtfronts whilst they are at it.
Correct, it is the AFL rules and tribunal guidelines that allow this.

In this instance, the tribunal guidelines were correctly adjudicated.

The rules shold be changed to make kicking punished more severely.

But there are 2 separate issues here.

1) Sicily - was his action graded correctly according to the current rules. After the tribunal ruling id say yes. Originally it was not.

2) Should the rules be changed so that kicks are punished more severely? yes they should.

When is the AFL going to stop pandering to the bogans and just get rid of unnecessary violence.

Kicking has no place in the game and to allow that to happen even in mild form is just siding with cowards.

James Sicily in that moment was an absolute coward and its time people started calling people for what they are in those moments.

Disgusting and archaic.
What the hell was McGrath doing?

Sicily is just meant to let them do what they want is he? McGrath was the 5th bloke to have a crack and he came from deep - and you are calling Sicily a coward. Laughable

What the hell was McGrath doing?

Sicily is just meant to let them do what they want is he? McGrath was the 5th bloke to have a crack and he came from deep - and you are calling Sicily a coward. Laughable

Unless you are suggesting that kicking is okay your point is invalid. Noone was kicking him. Players know they are not in any real danger during those scuffles. It's all handbags and jumper grabbing. Sicily wants to start kicking people. That's potential to cause injury and violence

Unless you are suggesting that kicking is okay your point is invalid. Noone was kicking him. Players know they are not in any real danger during those scuffles. It's all handbags and jumper grabbing. Sicily wants to start kicking people. That's potential to cause injury and violence
What injury could sicilys possibly have caused, Considering the tribunal chair called the impact “clearly negligible “?

What injury could sicilys possibly have caused, Considering the tribunal chair called the impact “clearly negligible “?

The act of kicking has the potential to harm. Why do you want to wait until there is a serious injury inflicted before stamping it out. Get ahead of the game. Kicking is unnecessary violence.

The act of kicking has the potential to harm. Why do you want to wait until there is a serious injury inflicted before stamping it out. Get ahead of the game. Kicking is unnecessary violence.
Didn’t realise there was an epidemic of violent kicking offenses in the afl. “Negligible”.
Cmon mate. It wasn’t an aggressive kick. Nobody in the stadium even knew it happened. Including the “victim”. Fines about right.

Plenty of punches get let off almost every week because of how mild they are. No fine.
Ditto head high bumps with WAAAAAAAAY more likely hood of injury.

So does running down the street come off it it wouldn’t have hurt a fly. McGrath was laughing at it basically. Can we stop suspending everyone for minor things, that’s what the fine system is for. If the AFL want fans paying thousands for tickets and what not why do we want half the competition off the field?

The irony in that its only the Hawks fans who think it was right that he got off is not lost on me.

Kicking, regardless of how hard or light it was, has no part in our game whatsoever !!

You cannot defend that sort of behaviour, it's disgraceful & plainly wrong.

I thought it was right that he got off too, it would have been a joke if Sicily was suspended for that, it was a fine at most.

The irony in that its only the Hawks fans who think it was right that he got off is not lost on me.

Kicking, regardless of how hard or light it was, has no part in our game whatsoever !!

You cannot defend that sort of behaviour, it's disgraceful & plainly wrong.
Not only Hawks fans. I keep watching it and trying to work out why people are having a sook. There was nothing in that at all. No injury, no pain, or risk of either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t realise there was an epidemic of violent kicking offenses in the afl. “Negligible”.
Cmon mate. It wasn’t an aggressive kick. Nobody in the stadium even knew it happened. Including the “victim”. Fines about right.

Plenty of punches get let off almost every week because of how mild they are. No fine.
Ditto head high bumps with WAAAAAAAAY more likely hood of injury.
What does it add to the game? Nothing.
Again I don't know why we have to wait until something actually hurts someone badly for us to turn around and say 'ok that's enough'. Stop it BEFORE it gets bad. Do we want kicking in our game? If we don't, stamp it out now.

Hope you don’t follow soccer - doubt you’d cope with the “violence” 🙄

Kicking out in a soccer match is a red card which means suspension. What point do you think you are making there?

So does running down the street come off it it wouldn’t have hurt a fly. McGrath was laughing at it basically. Can we stop suspending everyone for minor things, that’s what the fine system is for. If the AFL want fans paying thousands for tickets and what not why do we want half the competition off the field?

Not sure you'd use that same comparison if you had your time again. Only too easy for me to differentiate your example from the one in question but I assume you are exaggerating for effect. Again, see above, let's stop things before they become big things. I agree minor things could be handled by a fine if it was a football act. This wasn't. It has no place in the game and juniors shouldn't be seeing it as acceptable.
I'm not sure why you think making kicking a suspendable offence would rub out that many players, it's pretty rare, but it's important.

What Sicily did was one of the more entertaining things I’ve seen at the footy in a while. Gave me toby greene fly kick vibes. Glad he got off didn’t deserve a suspension.

What potential injury and violence could have resulted from Sicily's kick?

If the AFL are going to use that clause they should have to state what the potential injury is rather than leave it as a grey area. Neale and Hewitt's punches last week had much more potential to cause injury than that kick yet they were graded low impact

What potential injury and violence could have resulted from Sicily's kick?

If the AFL are going to use that clause they should have to state what the potential injury is rather than leave it as a grey area. Neale and Hewitt's punches last week had much more potential to cause injury than that kick yet they were graded low impact

I don't really want to go around in circles so I am just going to restate for the last time that I believe non-footballing acts of violence need to be eliminated from the game. That includes punches.

Disgusting and archaic.

3 players ganging up on him and knocking him to the ground wasnt the coward act?

Really?

So they were the tough guys and him defending himself was the cowardly thing to do?

Not sure you'd use that same comparison if you had your time again. Only too easy for me to differentiate your example from the one in question but I assume you are exaggerating for effect. Again, see above, let's stop things before they become big things. I agree minor things could be handled by a fine if it was a football act. This wasn't. It has no place in the game and juniors shouldn't be seeing it as acceptable.
I'm not sure why you think making kicking a suspendable offence would rub out that many players, it's pretty rare, but it's important.

It was a minor thing it was dealt with via the fine system, honestly if it was given a fine on Monday everyone would have been fine with it. Pass on suspending him for a kick that wouldn't have hurt a fly, even McGrath said it on multiple occasions.

It was a minor thing it was dealt with via the fine system, honestly if it was given a fine on Monday everyone would have been fine with it. Pass on suspending him for a kick that wouldn't have hurt a fly, even McGrath said it on multiple occasions.

Exactly. If a fine everyone would have said he deserves it because you dont throw your leg out even if it doesnt do much damage.

2 players got fines for tripping and Im pretty sure one of them involved throwing a leg out to trip and noone seems to care about that.

I would argue that what Silicy did didn't actually constitute a 'kick'. Sure, his foot briefly touched McGrath's leg, but more as a cradling act to assist McGrath with his gymnastics. I doubt McGrath even felt it. Calling it a 'kick' is like calling a gentle stroke of a cheek a 'slap'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back