News Nathan Bock - ASADA links.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Caroline Wilson has published an article that updates us on the Bock situation.

Article is here.

Seems to me that the club is fairly confident that no infraction notices will be handed out. Willing to stand by Bocky and hand him a year long contract. Though it seems there's an out-clause for if he is given a notice. Won't be paid and such.

It's interesting. This line here:
However, former Gold Coast high-performance boss Dean Robinson has reportedly stated that disgraced biochemist Stephen Dank had a meeting with the Suns' doctor in which he sought and received approval for the drug.
Goes against everything that has been said about our involvement with this so far. The club has mentioned that while Dank was employed, he did not administer any drugs at all.
The Suns have consistently stated no such program existed at the fledgling club. The club will announce a new one-year deal for Bock and also for Michael Rischitelli before the first list lodgement deadline of October 31.

''We made a commitment to Nathan some weeks back and while we are aware there is an ongoing investigation. We have to act on the facts we have in front of us,'' Auld said.
So I guess it's just down to who you believe. Suns Doctors and officials, or Robinson.

Nothing will happen until Dank testifies to ASADA. That goes for Bock, Essendon and Cronulla.

BUT if Bock was given something banned, then he has to be given an infraction notice. I've had the same stance over the Essendon players and I'm no Andrew Bolt. Then there needs a serious investigation as to how the club could let it happen. Not as serious as Essendon's scandal, as it seems to be an isolated incident rather than part of a peptide program and a cover up, but the club could still have failed its duty of care to Bock. I dont want the AFL to be soft on us simply because we're an expansion club. Got to take a hard line against everyone on this issue.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-showcause-notices-for-dons-20140612-zs64d.html

Stephen Dank, who helped design and oversee the supplements program at Essendon, was issued a show-cause notice that alleged he committed more than 34 anti-doping rule violations while he worked for Essendon and the Gold Coast Suns.

As we know, ASADA have issued 34 show-cause notices, but only 29 players from 2012 remain at Essendon. Bock could have got one especially if the show-cause notice actually says Dank committed violations at Essendon and Gold Coast.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back