Player Watch Nathan Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Collingwood
Unless Murphy has a Matthew Lappin metabolism once he’s grown into his body he’ll be heavier than you suggest. Look at Moore who is a lean body shape yet he’s now supposedly 100kg plus...

Is it exciting to consider Murphy will/ may reach KP size? I’m not sure, but it’s where the real debate is not the incorrect assessment of his future playing weight.
You're right to raise that question, but what you may not appreciate is that I am quoting what Nathan himself told me directly about his own body and where the club's doctors sees him being physically in terms of physical development and the need for our list. I'm not saying it as the peak he will get to if he wanted to. If playing at 90kg though (a long way from where he currently is may I add) he does not represent a true KPP option for mine, more a 3rd tall forward or defender.

Chris Mayne had bulked up at Freo to play as a tall marking forward. He no longer had viability as a player in that role, with that physical shape, so he cut back his weight to develop more running capacity this year. There is scope for players to have variability in their weight of course. You know it, I know it. But Mayne will never sustainably fit the bill as an adequate marking forward target either at his dimensions.

Looking at Murphy though, he does have broad shoulders but he is so skinny that he looks a bit Dale Thomas-esque as someone who may not put on the same size/bulk as other players. He is still very young though. Jaidyn Stephenson maybe similar.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sr36

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
What a Lovely Post saying someone has Dodgy Hammies and you are Glad for it:mad::thumbsdown:
So you're saying it's lovely that someone is wishing injuries on our players. :devil::thumbsdown::greenalien::'(:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only joking TD. Which I was also doing with the comment about Moore's hamstrings. Like all of us (except for that evil Ottoman), I just hope his hammies come good and he fulfills his potential and becomes the star that we saw of a brief glimpse of in that half against WCE a couple of years ago.

CFC2010

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
So you're saying it's lovely that someone is wishing injuries on our players. :devil::thumbsdown::greenalien::'(:eek::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Only joking TD. Which I was also doing with the comment about Moore's hamstrings. Like all of us (except for that evil Ottoman), I just hope his hammies come good and he fulfills his potential and becomes the star that we saw of a brief glimpse of in that half against WCE a couple of years ago.
bad-man-jerry.gif

Pricey97

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
I think Murphy would be quite disturbed at the amount of people specifically talking about his height.

Doubt he’s ever a key position defender, even if he does grow to 195.

Top Bottom