Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

there is a difference between a coach not playing a player, and not liking the player

when Troy Mwnzel was drafted to the Crows he was told and had a clear understanding on the training work loads and what it would take to get selected for AFL games at the AFC

With that said Troy improved his training standards and got fitter than he had ever been at Carlton, when selected at AFL or SANFL he showed more 2nd efforts and worked harder up the grounf HOWEVER there was still a fitness gap between Troy and the main core group

Its easy for a talent player to say the coach didst like him, however the truth is for all Troy's natural talent this wasn't backed up with the conditioning required to play our 2016/17 explosive game plan

It wasn't his only issue, but Menzel's body was simply not cut out for it. He could not recover properly, regardless of what he did.

https://www.triplem.com.au/story/li...hos-impressed-him-most-this-pre-season-125886

Big Tex has named Ned as the bolter from the draftees that could debut early on.

Like the sound of this kid more and more every day.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
No surprise to me, never seen this kid take a backward step in any game I saw him play in the 2 year's of TAC and at the championships, puts it all out there every time. Supporters are going to love this kid's aggression and niggle.

No surprise to me, never seen this kid take a backward step in any game I saw him play in the 2 year's of TAC and at the championships, puts it all out there every time. Supporters are going to love this kid's aggression and niggle.
Can admit, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor when they read his name out, at that point i'd barely heard of him. But i'm thrilled that my first reaction was to go and watch clips of this kid and not meltdown on bigfooty (which i put down to my faith in Ogilvie more then my own self restraint). Since then his stock just keeps going up, and now I just want to see him play in the tri colours!

Seems to be the kind of bloke that will give older guys like Eddie and Tex energy too.

Not sure if it’s confirmation bias but I feel like the early news from pre season one is surprisingly predictive of a draftee’s career with us.

Can't wait to see what this kid can do in his first season let alone what he could do after 2-3 pre-seasons, he is exactly what we need in the forward line, his pressure and second efforts are top tier. Has the work ethic of a senior player, just needs his body to catch up with him.

I've heard a few players talk about Ned's alpaca story without going into any details. Has he talked about this story publicly?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back