Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

craig crowing Just for you mate..... ;)
My boy Neddy....:goat:

How Ned McHenry became Reilly O’Brien’s ‘in-law’

It seems O’Brien will have to get used to the roasting, given McHenry was one of three draftees who recently re-signed with the Club for another two seasons.
The midfielder was ‘stoked’ to receive the extension and is now looking forward to investing in life in Adelaide.
“It’s a move that me and my family are really excited about, knowing that I am going to have a real base here in Adelaide,” McHenry said.
Reports from the coaches suggest that his work ethic, football skills and personality are what earned him the extension.
“Collectively with the first-year boys, the feedback from the coaches, and a few players as well, is that we’ve come in and had a good balance of enjoying ourselves whilst putting our head down,” McHenry said.
“We have good intent to work hard and try to be professional and take as little time as possible to adjust to the demands of doing this full-time.”
But his work ethic has also been on show in his seven games for the SANFL Crows in 2019, with McHenry running hard on the wing.
He’s averaged 19.7 disposals a game, to go with a massive 11-tackle effort against Central District in Round Five and 19 contested possessions in Round Six against Norwood.
Since arriving at West Lakes, McHenry has kept a close eye on experienced teammates Matt Crouch and Sloane.
“One of my main goals is improving my ground ball, so being really clean at ground level and being a one touch player,” he said.
“You see blokes like Matty Crouch and ‘Sloaney’ very rarely fumble the footy, so I’m working on that and my field kicking – making sure I’m really neat and efficient by foot.
“I’ve still got a bit of work to do, but it is progressing well.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another young gun temporarily conspired against by our unfathomable emergency policy and the part time SANFL fixture

See you next year Ned boy

What the hell did we do to this kid?

Must have smashed him up good to force him to miss half a season.

Checking up on McHenry's injury status is about the only interest I take in this club right now. I really miss that daft little campaigner.
Hanging out with ROB, Keath and CEY on the 'take a rest' list after bumping into Brett Burton in the hallway

Our reporting on injuries was fine earlier this season. Open, honest and detailed.

Then we started losing a few games and we reverted back to the 2018 smoke and mirrors.

I understand playing smoke and mirrors with you're better players but surely they can be upfront with draftees injury status'.

I understand playing smoke and mirrors with you're better players but surely they can be upfront with draftees injury status'.
Exactly right but our actions aren't about keeping key players details under wraps

It's about protecting the reputation of our staff

Last edited:
Yeah wouldn’t surprise me if, injury permitting, Ned plays 22 games next year. Probably spends most of his time on a half forward flank with a little bit of midfield time, before breaking out as a cog in our midfield from 2021 onwards, his 3rd year (same year Doedee broke out)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back