Player Watch Ned McHenry

Remove this Banner Ad

The one person I would say he did remind me of a tad from those highlights was Riley Knight. I love Riley, but I don't think I'd draft him with a first.
With our inclusion Riley would want to stay fit.

I agree as just don't understand why we are loading up with small forward types.
We need some x factor players with some outside speed and get more KPP into team.
Feel so deflated after looking forward to our big slice of the super draft .
Agreed. with the 6,6,6 combination coming in, tall strong-marking forwards and defenders will be at a premium!

Disappointing post Pete, you're better than that.
I'm sorry?

In what way is that a "disappointing" post?

Clearly we were carved up by a side stocked with small, quick, manic tackling, high pressure players. Now we've gone out and got a kid who plays that way and wouldn't look out of place in that Richmond side.

How the hell does that simple observation translate into a "disappointing" post ?

I'm sorry?

Clearly we were carved up by a side stocked with small, quick, manic tackling, high pressure players. Now we've gone out and got a kid who plays that way and wouldn't look out of place in that Richmond side.

How the hell does that simple observation translate into a "disappointing" post ?
I thought you were referring to our recruiters being scarred like the playing group.

My mistake, play on sir.

I thought you were referring to our recruiters being scarred like the playing group.

My mistake, play on sir.
Yes I was referring to recruiters being scarred - in terms of them thinking we were embarrassed by that type of player on GF day and we need one in our side.

Was not a criticism of Ned, Hamish, or anyone else

Yes I was referring to recruiters being scarred - in terms of them thinking we were embarrassed by that type of player on GF day and we need one in our side.

Seems like a clear thought process from us, which is why I'm very intrigued to see what we do this morning

The Coach has the say regarding the type of players we need for his gameplan.....not the Recruiters

If anyone is scarred, it would be Pyke

Brisbane just paid a high price for a midfielder like Ned....... and he doesnt have the aggression or niggle.

But does have an exceptional inside game, something we currently have no idea if it will translate with Ned.

Mind you, i'm rather uncomfortable with using a club as s**t as Brisbane is as a benchmark. Sure we're confident they'll jump upwards but everyone was with the Saints for a long while.

With the Riley Knight comment. Definitely needs to stay fit but I have my doubts he is in much danger from this draft. After all, he's already doing what we're trying to add to our side in the very short term. Lachie Murphy however may have just had a career taken away from him, and is definitely the big loser from this draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes my original post left that scenario open.

I've no doubt Pyke would be leading the charge
Always been a frontal pressure advocate ......listening to Champion Data interview late season on SEN 1116 ....they said frontal pressure was the biggest single fall-off factor from 2018 to 2017 that influenced our performances

The loss of Charlie & Eddie being out of sorts (camp) and not trim ....were big factors

I reckon McHenry could turn into a Lachie Neale type midfielder and he is practically the same height as Neale. I am happy with this pick up and his endurance and tackling are two very exciting traits for the future.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think all of Knight, Poholke and Murphy should be nervous given who we’ve drafted and traded in
Poholke no .....but Murphy, yes ....but have to say, he's in far far better condition this year ......last a lot of his legs/backside & obviously done a lot of off-season work

Big year for Poholke though, as that inside mid .....hope he does well

I think all of Knight, Poholke and Murphy should be nervous given who we’ve drafted and traded in
AFL is bloody tough beast. Must be hard welcoming in draftees who you know have been picked to play your spot or to replace a mate of yours who has just been dumped. Player's mental management is such an underrated side of what makes a winning club. Need really good leaders.

But does have an exceptional inside game, something we currently have no idea if it will translate with Ned.

Mind you, i'm rather uncomfortable with using a club as s**t as Brisbane is as a benchmark. Sure we're confident they'll jump upwards but everyone was with the Saints for a long while.

With the Riley Knight comment. Definitely needs to stay fit but I have my doubts he is in much danger from this draft. After all, he's already doing what we're trying to add to our side in the very short term. Lachie Murphy however may have just had a career taken away from him, and is definitely the big loser from this draft.
The fact theyve attracted Neale is a credit to them, they are building something up there.

I'm sorry?

I understood your post perfectly Pete, I think others may have misinterpreted it.

Also I completely agree with you.

Left field thought.

Given the success of players we've drafted from the Falcons eg Danger, Doedee. I wonder if kids feel happier coming here knowing there is good development and so a good chance at a career.

Can imagine coaches there saying - don't complain, you'll do well by going there.

Edit - also when you hear those interviews you appreciate the value of a guy like Sloane to your club. All the kids know him, talk about him, want to be like him. Lot of off field value that Rory brings

The fact theyve attracted Neale is a credit to them, they are building something up there.

Or they have a lot of cap space and Neale wanted more for his retirement slush fund ;)

Left field thought.

Given the success of players we've drafted from the Falcons eg Danger, Doedee. I wonder if kids feel happier coming here knowing there is good development and so a good chance at a career.

Can imagine coaches there saying - don't complain, you'll do well by going there.

Edit - also when you hear those interviews you appreciate the value of a guy like Sloane to your club. All the kids know him, talk about him, want to be like him. Lot of off field value that Rory brings
This is a good point .....parents in particular would be happier going to a club with the Crows stability and development record ....yes Coaches would also be supportive, hence why Adelaide has been raided so often

Remove this Banner Ad

Back