• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pessimistic

The new Hawks site is at the same address: www.hawthornfc.com.au

It looks quite good but needs to be fully populated with information.

I noticed that there is no forum yet (no surprises there !) so until then I invite Hawks fans to post their items here.

Yeah Pess, I have just been having a browse around on the Hawks new page and wasnt really all that suprised to find that the forum was no longer a feature. Hopefully it will make a return if enough peole requst it when they long in and become net members of the Hawks.

Also seeing as how the question was getting a little *long* re the Hawks and their abilty or otherwise to make the finals or even (Holding my breath in Hope) take out the big day with a new coach. Well yeah the depth is improving, we dont just rely on Crawford though he is a HUGE part of it. If Harford can step up to anywhere near a consitent level, and he did seem to come good in that late surge last year. Then he is a gun no doubt. Also Joel Smith could be ready to prove that he is a class midfielder too and his first half against the Coasters the toher night shoed promise. Along wiht Taylor and Woods who must surely be tow of the most under-rated players going around the their is midfield depth enough to cover Crawford.

The flag is a big call with such a young list and I do think a mid table in the eight is a realistic shot, but if things went our way it could be possible, but the same thing goes for about 12 other clubs.

Let the dice roll where they may.

Go the Hawks!

Hi Grendel - I did see you earlier - This is actually Dale here. I thought my posts were getting pessimistic so I adopted the name

If you read all the discussions skill level seems to be a key. I'm still not sure, when you're talking about the team, whether that is inbuilt in the players or aquired through training, fitness and confidence.
Perhaps a player has a 'skill range' and the coaching staff need to keep this near the top of the range for every player. If that's the case I think some players, for one reason or another might have been at the lower end or middle for a while.

Whether a team with an 'average' list can consistenly beat one with a 'better' list is a real question. Brisbane going from last to second certainly poses a question to be answered
As for the 'how far can you go with a rookie coach ?" Preliminary final (Wallace, 97) or Grand Final (Eade, 96) (Ayres, 95) seems to have precedent

Sundays game against Sheedy will be a good test for Schwabby, who already seems to be showing that he might be 'unconventional' as will the game for the Boys against Essendon, who were the H&A Yardstick last year (Dan24 will like that)

Dale,dale? Why Pessimistic for a nic? I would have though you of all people would be looking forwrd to (On field at lest) the Hawks in the next few years.

I think I follow where your coming form in a lot of other ways though, re your past posting in the (late and doesnt look to lamemnted) old forum at the Hawks page.

Skill while beings a hard to come by thing for some can be done if I believe the firght coaching is put in place. Bad habits are not just taught they can be reinforced.

Sheedy (yeah I hate saying the name) brought up an interseting point once when he recalled a conversation that he had with the (Then)england soccer supremo Terry Venables. When talking about training Venables suggested the idea that while practice makes perfect, Practice also makes PERMANENT. Do you follow his thinking. I guess what he was trying to say is that if faults are not noticed and corrected by a certain time they then become so etched into a person they become impossible to remove.

I hope that Schwabby can forge a new direction for the side to a more attacking nature. So far it is WAY to early to tell, But I will admit last sundays line up was very close to how my (frustrated caoch that I am) would be for the season.

Lets just see how it goes from here and hope for no injurys and a solid learning year.

61/71/91 (Where did 81 go?) 2001!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back