List Mgmt. Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to believe he is a 18 and still a year from joining the list. Josh seems to have filled out a bit more too

Interesting debates about draft ages, if they are ready at 18 they should be allowed to play.

Back in the Day there was NO age limit.

Tim Watson played at 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to put pressure on young Nick,
But he is a ten times better player than his father,
Possibly the best Collingwood player we will ever see.

If Nick has 43 possessions and kicks 3 goals in his first reserves match then I might agree. If he can go in the midfield
and dominate for years then go forward and kick 99 goals in a season then I might agree. You see where I'm going with this?

Im waiting for the nab league fixture to come out, I def want to attend some oakleigh games to see how he plays now. Saw him in 2018 when he played in that NGA game, but he was a baby.

And I can't wait for you to tell me how he goes, exciting times ahead. And I believe Dib has some serious talent also

hopefully Dib has an injury or two and puts him in the 25-30 pick range lol

How many undersized outside wingmen push into the 1st round? He'd have to have an absolutely fantastic year to justify that.

hopefully Dib has an injury or two and puts him in the 25-30 pick range lol
He’s already in the 30+ range. This years draft is meant to be exceptionally good.

How many undersized outside wingmen push into the 1st round? He'd have to have an absolutely fantastic year to justify that.
Thats very true. He is small and nobody is talking about him. And with the U18 undrafted from last year playing to be in contention, he could up being quite late.
And adding onto the fact this years draft is meant to be really good.

Hopefully Nick is as good as the wraps on him, we need some young elite talent in the club

Just want to clarify where he sits to get it right in my mind

He has played school footy (with Rowell and Anderson) and looked elite
He has played some rep footy
At this point he has not played TAC
His most recent footy is 2019
Rendell descibed him "as good a junior as I have seen play the game". He does like hyperbole Matt

Is all the above true?

Best case senario is he is a number 1 draft pick (or near to that) and we get him for unders and have converted 2021 first rounder into some medium level talent via the 2020 draft. We have a good 2021 so the pick we give up is somewhere in mid teens.

Worse case senario. Nick is good but not as good as the wraps say. He performs well at TAC level and maybe ends up as a 10-20 level pick. We have a bad 2021 and end up with pick 5-10 which now belongs to GWS. If we had kept it we would have had access to Nick and a pick between 5-10 in the 2021 draft which is assessed more highly than 2020 at this point.

I understand our strategy to a degree but if what I have written is correct and I am not misunderstanding the position I wonder whether we would not have odds on our side by having held onto the 2021 1st. We got 24,30 and a future 4th, there is a real chance that pick turns into a top 10 pick in a good draft and even if Nick goes in early picks we could have still traded it out next year possibly for a much better price. Of course if ends up a mid teen pick that will be different and I suspect the club and recruiting team have backed up to get the double, Nick a top 3 choice and finals in 2021, if so happy days.

Worse case like senario and we will have shot ourselves in the foot bigtime. It does seem a risk on a kid who hasn't played for 12 months and has not played TAC cup. Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back