No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be quite something for the rabid North supporters to watch West Coast and Hawthorn bottom out then start to rebound with some decent scalps (and Harley Reid dominating) whilst their own team is now as bad as ever even after 4 straight bottom 2 finishes, .
Put in perspective, as bad as the two years of Rhode were we were back on our feet year 1 of Rocket, then we had a very bad 18 months with McCartney but were then competitive and obviously went on to bigger things.

Aside from a brief dead cat bounce in 2019 they’ve just been atrocious for seven seasons with no obvious light at the end of the tunnel.

Port and West Coast have just belted Bevo out of the media relevance ball park for this week.

West Coast I get, Port I don't. They should've absolutely smashed Hawthorn but through sheer dumb luck (and Hawthorn trying to save the game) they stole that one. False sense of security if ever I've seen one.

West Coast I get, Port I don't. They should've absolutely smashed Hawthorn but through sheer dumb luck (and Hawthorn trying to save the game) they stole that one. False sense of security if ever I've seen one.
Port found a way to win despite being outplayed in the first half and Mitchell's very questionable 4th quarter tactics.

And Port are also missing Rozee. I don't really get the Port angst. I like watching them play and of all the contenders I find them to be the least objectionable....along with the Pies.

Port found a way to win despite being outplayed in the first half and Mitchell's very questionable 4th quarter tactics.

And Port are also missing Rozee. I don't really get the Port angst. I like watching them play and of all the contenders I find them to be the least objectionable....along with the Pies.

Yes, agreed. My only thing is Port were extremely lucky. They got out of jail in the final 20 seconds against a bottom 4 side at home. With or without Rozee that's poor.

North winning that final round game against Gold Coast that cost them Harley Reid is an all time bone head decision.
Great decision. Rather him at the Eagles, than hearing Roos fans gloat about tanking for him, and seeing his name every day in Melbourne papers.

On the other hand, I sort of wish the Roos also threw away their draft hand to trade up for him and the Eagles accepted . Leaving them with lack of top end talls for a few more years.

I have less animosity than others to North.

But I suspect Reid is also enjoying being in Perth, away from Vic winters, and playing for a team that has a more optimistic onfield scenario on the horizon.

Whether he stays there long-term will be interesting, as there will be 10 Vic suitors heading a list of 17 (or 18 or 19 post 2027) clubs desperate to get their hands on him.

Hailing from Tongala, it will be hard to counter his attraction to his spiritual link to Armstrong Creek though, given the two locations are virtually next door to each other...
(What's 285km if you're driving a Ford Ranger in your Cotton On gear while living on a hobby farm near Mt Duneed...? 🤪)

Must be quite something for the rabid North supporters to watch West Coast and Hawthorn bottom out then start to rebound with some decent scalps (and Harley Reid dominating) whilst their own team is now as bad as ever even after 4 straight bottom 2 finishes, .

Yeah it’s a right real shame, really feel for the Norf supporters, swell bunch of people.

Port don’t need any external angst , they are expert at eating their own .

The ‘sack Hinkley ‘ thread is at its 10th iteration on their board . Our Bev prevarications have nothing on them . In reality , I’d say Port’s list and our list aren’t that far apart . It’s all down to supporter expectation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port don’t need any external angst , they are expert at eating their own .

The ‘sack Hinkley ‘ thread is at its 10th iteration on their board . Our Bev prevarications have nothing on them . In reality , I’d say Port’s list and our list aren’t that far apart . It’s all down to supporter expectation.

12th season as coach, 61% winning record, looks good at first glance.
But minor premiers and out in straight sets, finishes of 9th x 1, 10th x 3, 11th x 1 and a poor finals record in other years both enhances overall winning record but highlights an inability to get past (or often even to) third week of finals.
The failed fireman amongst others were anticipating a stroll to the GF in 2021...

I bear no animosity to Port or its supporters, but at times those Hinkley threads are both amusing and pitiful, a cry for help from a supporter base that knows Hinkley will be the only human to survive a nuclear blast alongside the cockroaches...

Tarryn Thomas at it again.

Any chance he had of an AFL life line is 100% dead and buried now. Cannot believe some clubs were even entertaining the idea. Some people are just beyond help, when they are not willing to change themselves. Guy is a repeat trouble maker, and I am more concerned about the women he is harassing, than his stupid career aspects. F**k him!

I couldn't handle being a north supporter & watching harley reid play. That combination of speed, strength & skill is awesome. I think he'll stay with WC too
Wet toast don't lose too many of the players that they want to keep. Think he will find a nice Perth girl and that will be that. And he will be well compensated along the way 😉

Apparently Harley's line up is from kalgoorlie to Perth .😁
I reckon North would have been alright if they had Harley Reid, Jason Horne-Francis and the gentleman version of Taryn Thomas.
We spewed about Callen Ward (I am still a bit peeved at the AFL and our admin there) but they must be really unhappy about football with that lot.

I reckon North would have been alright if they had Harley Reid, Jason Horne-Francis and the gentleman version of Taryn Thomas.
We spewed about Callen Ward (I am still a bit peeved at the AFL and our admin there) but they must be really unhappy about football with that lot.
We complain about lots of things but we haven’t got it anywhere near as bad as North fans.

Last four years they’ve finished 17th, 18th, 18th and 17th (thereby just missing out on one of the most exciting draftees in the last 20 years) and this year they are again last, going 0-10.

Sheesh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back