No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Fun fact. Going back to 1991 every premier has played in at least one other grand final in the five years either side of their premiership year.

We were on track to be the exception until 2021. Every club since us has achieved it already (ie Geelong 2020/2 and Collingwood 2018/23) except Melbourne.

I reckon they will be the first.
That is a fun fact

Fun fact. Going back to 1991 every premier has played in at least one other grand final in the five years either side of their premiership year.

We were on track to be the exception until 2021. Every club since us has achieved it already (ie Geelong 2020/2 and Collingwood 2018/23) except Melbourne.

I reckon they will be the first.

2022 really should have been their year. Not sure how they shat the bed so badly after starting the season the way they did.

It is looking more and more unlikely but they've still got the top end talent to do it. Playing such a dull style of footy this season. I guess its stemmed from the fact they have no trust in their forward line but it's been quite uninspiring footy despite decent results.

Last edited:
Can Spangher study the Blues forward line to actually understand how to balance 3 key forwards and give each space to work?
Yeah the guy at Carlton is quite good. May have seen him before with many on this board claiming he couldn't coach a forward line

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

2022 really should have been their year. Not sure how they shat the bed so badly after starting the season the way they did.

It is looking more and more unlikely but they've still got the top end talent to do it. Playing such a full style of footy this season. I guess its stemmed from the fact they have no trust in their forward line but it's been quite uninspiring footy despite decent results.
The last four survivors in 2021 all had issues in 2022 except Geelong. Melbourne won fewer than half their games in the second half of the season and went out in straight sets, we scraped into finals and blew a huge lead and Port missed altogether.

I think with the hubs etc that finals series and coming back to COVID madness etc was particularly taxing. I think they ran out of gas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal accuracy matters…who’da thunk it?! That was intense, not because of the close game, but because Kayo decided to buffer its way through the last ten minutes.

Goal accuracy matters…who’da thunk it?! That was intense, not because of the close game, but because Kayo decided to buffer its way through the last ten minutes.

Melbourne were on the march, Petty clunked a mark 25m out and should’ve kicked it. He didn’t, time was sucked out of the game and they lost.

It’s difficult to say it’s the main causal factor, because so much happened afterwards. But htf can an AFL player miss that shot. It’s pathetic.

Melbourne were on the march, Petty clunked a mark 25m out and should’ve kicked it. He didn’t, time was sucked out of the game and they lost.

It’s difficult to say it’s the main causal factor, because so much happened afterwards. But htf can an AFL player miss that shot. It’s pathetic.
Bont missed from 5 metres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back