No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Identify this poster.

Its a tough one sure, but I'll reward anybody who gets it correct a lollipop.

"We have been awful but so is the umpiring, even with Melbourne winning this easily they are still giving them an armchair ride."
Always funny how Plugger gives away which team he's hoping wins in a gameday thread not involving St Kilda, by bitching immediately about the umpiring towards one side whilst not mentioning anything the other way.

Identify this poster.

Its a tough one sure, but I'll reward anybody who gets it correct a lollipop.

"We have been awful but so is the umpiring, even with Melbourne winning this easily they are still giving them an armchair ride."
Plugger always seems to blame the umpires even tho they get flogged, said the same thing when we beat them earlier in the season and also saying that they were coming from a 5 day break.

Plugger always seems to blame the umpires even tho they get flogged, said the same thing when we beat them earlier in the season and also saying that they were coming from a 5 day break.

He should have followed Plugger to the Swans. Would have been home amongst that entitled bunch oh whingers. Even more than his current bunch.

Toby McLean has interest from a few clubs for the MSD. Hope he gets picked up. Good chance to land at Brisbane or Richmond.

Toby McLean has interest from a few clubs for the MSD. Hope he gets picked up. Good chance to land at Brisbane or Richmond.

Is he even eligible to be picked up?

I read an article last week that said Brisbane wanted to pick up Daniel Lloyd (current development coach, ex-GWS player) but would need AFL approval as he wouldn’t have played three state league level games to be eligible.

It would be cool to see him go around again. I loved him as a player, it’s a shame his knees let him down. He was awesome in 2018

I read an article last week that said Brisbane wanted to pick up Daniel Lloyd (current development coach, ex-GWS player) but would need AFL approval as he wouldn’t have played three state league level games to be eligible.

It would be cool to see him go around again. I loved him as a player, it’s a shame his knees let him down. He was awesome in 2018
Yep, I believe he’s eligible. Not sure regarding the state league ruling to be honest. have def been told he has suitors tho

I understand the difference is that Lloyd retired (so is required to play minimum 3 state league games) and McLean was delisted (so doesn't have that requirement).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Fremantle and West Coast reportedly want Victorian teams to play home games in Western Australia in an attempt to balance the fixture.

SEN reported the WA clubs are talking with the AFL about a proposal which would see every Victorian team play a ‘home’ game in the west once every five years.

The WA argument is based on ‘home state games’, where Victorian clubs can play 16 or 17 games in their home state, while the Dockers and Eagles play 12 (an away Derby plus 11 home games)."

Apart from their 'arguement' being poor and unconvincing, what these WA clubs, in particular, never ever acknowledge is the significant home ground advantage that they enjoy for every one, bar one, of their home games.

We have a significantly diluted home ground advantage because several other clubs play at our home ground and the league doesn't allow us to play finals at that ground.

If the league wants to make it easier for the WA clubs to manage their travel then they should charter planes for their use and improve fixturing to allow them to get out of airports like Sydney which have curfews.

Im not surprised that there is not an attributable quote to that wet fart of a thought bubble from the "WA clubs."

I feel dirty having my good name associated with it by bothering to comment on its ridiculousness.

🤦🏼‍♂️ it just makes sense that the Western Bulldogs play more games in WA based on their name 🤪
Maybe they can play more over in vic back to back and travel half as much 😂

Adelaide teams get an extra home game through Gather Round. Let the Qld, Perth and Sydney teams have 3 Derby’s and shut them up. Doesn’t really impact anyone else. Derby’s good games, good fun, good crowd and TV numbers.

Draw is already so compromised playing one team 3 times and others once in a season, doesn’t seem too far removed from what we have now.

With 3 games against each other every year, it would also create a mini-series. Rugby heartland would love a Q Clash 1, 2, 3 or Battle of the Bridge 1, 2, 3 series concept I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back