News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

I was initially hesitant because I don't like musicals but La La Land is still around and I'm going to see that Monday.

Moonlight is another Oscar nominee, Toni Erdmann is getting rave reviews, or Trainspotting 2 has just come out if that's more your style.

Logan is two weeks away but there's heaps of buzz coming out of the early screenings.
Rule of thumb ....the more advertising of a movie, the worse it is ......trying to get ticket sales, b4 word of mouth about how bad a movie is spreads

Watched Jack Reacher 2 this arvo, very disappointed. Nothing worse than when a favourite movie or TV show is polluted with personal relationship story lines.
don't know much about the original but if you're after an action flick the new John Wick is meant to be unreal

Watched Jack Reacher 2 this arvo, very disappointed. Nothing worse than when a favourite movie or TV show is polluted with personal relationship story lines.
First one was excellent ....didn't bother watching the 2nd as the critics carved it up ....follow-ups are normally disappointing, however Cruise normally has an instinct for good movies ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine: Drama
Remember the Titans
2. Rocky 1
3. For Love of the Game
4. Invincible
5. Moneyball
6. Draft Day
For me.

Rocky
Any Given Sunday
Moneyball
Blue Chips
The Draft

Other sports movies I like from a nostalgic point that few have mentioned.
Mighty Ducks
The Wrestler
The Club
The Fan
Goon
Green Street Hooligans- probably not really a sports movie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

don't know much about the original but if you're after an action flick the new John Wick is meant to be unreal

I loved the first John Wick, but from what I can tell it looks like the sequel isn't getting released in cinemas in Australia. Hasn't even been given a classification.

And the movie industry have the nerve to complain about how much Australians pirate stuff.

I loved the first John Wick, but from what I can tell it looks like the sequel isn't getting released in cinemas in Australia. Hasn't even been given a classification.

And the movie industry have the nerve to complain about how much Australians pirate stuff.
huh? You're kidding.

I wasn't that interested in seeing it but that still pisses me off.

For me.

Rocky
Any Given Sunday
Moneyball
Blue Chips
The Draft

Other sports movies I like from a nostalgic point that few have mentioned.
Mighty Ducks
The Wrestler
The Club
The Fan
Goon
Green Street Hooligans- probably not really a sports movie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Geoff, hadn't heard of Blue Chips ? ......i'll give it a viewing on your recommendation

I assume by the title "The Draft" , you actually meant "Draft Day" ?

For those who haven't seen "Goon" do yourself a favor ......it's a sleeper in that it's not a high profile movie .....but it's a ripper, correct Geoff?

Geoff, hadn't heard of Blue Chips ? ......i'll give it a viewing on your recommendation

I assume by the title "The Draft" , you actually meant "Draft Day" ?

For those who haven't seen "Goon" do yourself a favor ......it's a sleeper in that it's not a high profile movie .....but it's a ripper, correct Geoff?
Blue Chips has Shaq and Penny Hardaway, and a fine basketball-kicking incident with Nick Nolte.

Mine: Drama
Remember the Titans
2. Rocky 1
3. For Love of the Game
4. Invincible
5. Moneyball
6. Draft Day

Very hard to pick just 5, but I tend to lean towards the comedies so I'll go with:

1. Rocky
2. Major League
3. Slap Shot
4. A League of Their Own
5. Dodgeball

Any of the following could have been in 5th: Miracle, Goon, Moneyball, Shaolin Soccer, The Karate Kid (1984), The Wrestler, Mighty Ducks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back