News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

If you haven't seen Goon .....i suggest you'll like

movieposter.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was half expecting LA LA Land (which was DREADFUL). I was very pleasantly surprised.

I don't really do singing myself, unless it's part of a competition like Pitch Perfect or the Whoopie Goldberg nun flicks, I love those. I did enjoy spontaneous singing in the movie Hail Caesar. Although, it was part of a movie.

Ok went & saw this the other night .......not bad, not great ....but had some interesting thoughts as i watched, would be interested in your POV ?

images

Ok ......so the audience was laughing a lot during the Movie ......but what were they laughing at ?

Well .....they were laughing at all the Politically Incorrect stuff & Racism, we as a society are supposed to abhore

1. Dwarf jokes
2. Bullying
3. Racial Vilification
4. Foul mouth tirades

While McDonagh’s script contains a familiar carnivalesque litany of “*heads”, “funny-eyed old ladies” and “fat dentists

McDonagh’s rejection of clear-cut moral certainties has already provoked a backlash from some commentators; a recent Huffington Post article, for example, argued that Dixon is essentially “the racist uncle whom white liberals fear and love”.

Mildred's first greeting to him – "How's it going in the n----- torturing business?" – seemingly tells us all we need to know about him. "There was a worry about whether the hero character should use that word," says McDonagh. "But I was never worried about it because the scene is about exploding his stupid racism.

So my question is .....does "Art" reflect society views ....or is "Art" excused for society standards that the politically correct will go you, if one you have one wrong word out of place .......this film had every word out of place, and it was this irreverence to societal standards that everyone laughed at ......but why?

So my question is .....does "Art" reflect society views ....or is "Art" excused for society standards that the politically correct will go you, if one you have one wrong word out of place .......this film had every word out of place, and it was this irreverence to societal standards that everyone laughed at ......but why?
I haven't seen the movie yet (I do intend to), but in general yes to the bold, absolutely.

and as far as "societal standards" and the audience reaction at your viewing goes its worth noting that you're dealing with far from a random sample.

I haven't seen the movie yet (I do intend to), but in general yes to the bold, absolutely.

and as far as "societal standards" and the audience reaction at your viewing goes its worth noting that you're dealing with far from a random sample.
When you see it, give me your thoughts

And yet another upcoming Australian Movie ......a must see :rolleyes:
MV5BODQwN2RiOGUtYzY3Yi00Mjk2LWEyMDUtYjdmNmUxNmM4ZjQ3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjYzMTUxNjA@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Dazza has a passion for barbequing. He accidentally gives his neighbours food poisoning. To make amends he seeks tutelage from the tyrannical Scottish chef and together they enter an international barbecue competition

OMG ......

tenor.gif

if you're just going to rag on Australian movies Wayne I'm going to have to tell you to go and see Sweet Country.

a recent example of the fact we can still make a good movie lol. The funding is the problem IMO.

Ok went & saw this the other night .......not bad, not great ....but had some interesting thoughts as i watched, would be interested in your POV ?

images

Ok ......so the audience was laughing a lot during the Movie ......but what were they laughing at ?

Well .....they were laughing at all the Politically Incorrect stuff & Racism, we as a society are supposed to abhore

1. Dwarf jokes
2. Bullying
3. Racial Vilification
4. Foul mouth tirades

It’s funny isn’t it. A few jokes that are a bit naughty and there’s protests.

Yet show me a movie with no violence, drugs and other unsavory things.

It’s it getting that bad that fictional characters are also expected to tow the line?

Would Mad Men have gotten made today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back