Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Removing prior will solve a lot of issues imo.
Its crazy how long they are letting some tackles go on* at the moment. It just invites more and more danger into the tackle instead of forcing players to move the ball on quicker

*if you arent a debut player with their first touch

Its crazy how long they are letting some tackles go on* at the moment. It just invites more and more danger into the tackle instead of forcing players to move the ball on quicker

*if you arent a debut player with their first touch
I can’t believe the chase down tackles when the ball player has had substantial time to dispose the ball and they’re getting tackled and just dropping the ball and the tackler still doesn’t get rewarded. Does my head in and there were too many instances last week that was just infuriating and were quint essential what HTB is.

Zero chance of him going from the Blues to the Saints . If he's got any sense. His next contract will be a biggie. They've built their defence around him.
I’ve also laughed whenever ive heard Hugh being linked to the Saints. I mean if he were to leave Brisbane, and even then that’s a big if, surely it wouldn’t be to the Saints of all clubs.

You had to laugh at that young Phillipous manager tweeting King whinging about his client’s treatment.

Like Nathan said, I agree they’re up there with the most irrelevant club in my life - the only thing that seems to hold them in any stead is all their celebrity and captain of industry supporters.

We've converted another one Mr Ripper!
I don't think I'm as hardline on this as you are, Grasshopper.

Yes, I'm all for removing the prior/no prior distinction from the laws, but, for me, the ball player must be given some opportunity to dispose of the ball, as long as they are showing that intent.

The problem is players taking the piss by holding the ball to themselves to create stoppages. Dumbfounding how umpires are instructed to let this go.

Times have changed since 1984.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 153123.jpg

The philosophy behind the holding the ball law is to encourage the players to keep the ball in motion - and this seems to have been forgotten.

I don't think I'm as hardline on this as you are, Grasshopper.

Yes, I'm all for removing the prior/no prior distinction from the laws, but, for me, the ball player must be given some opportunity to dispose of the ball, as long as they are showing that intent.

The problem is players taking the piss by holding the ball to themselves to create stoppages. Dumbfounding how umpires are instructed to let this go.

Times have changed since 1984.

View attachment 1989605

The philosophy behind the holding the ball law is to encourage the players to keep the ball in motion - and this seems to have been forgotten.
This mentions my pet hate… “In evading a tackle, deliberately falls to the ground.” It Happens every game as players try to draw a free kick. It’s never paid. 😤

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty pissweak from whichever clubs have decided to take this stance.

The highlight from reading the article - the WA teams actually only get 12 business class seats per trip. So even taking the Vic clubs' own whinging at face value, half or more of the travelling party each week is still disadvantaged. :D

The highlight from reading the article - the WA teams actually only get 12 business class seats per trip. So even taking the Vic clubs' own whinging at face value, half or more of the travelling party each week is still disadvantaged. :D
It is probably predominantly the same 12 that take the seats all the time too.
Older more experienced ones maybe.

Sam Fisher x Saints player sentenced to 5 years in prison with a minimum of 3 years before being eligible for parole, no sympathy for him as Meth is a life destroying drug.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back