Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit where it's due... Ben Long has been quite decent since I excoriated him before. It's always the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all those grass is greener folk looking at Chris Scott as a Fagan superior, this is what a coach looks like missing his best players through injury or otherwise. Now three games on the trot Geelong has been walloped.

For us, the fact that Fagan has us still scrapping for the eight is pure genius.

Geelong will no doubt bounce back once they regain their critical players. But this should be a lesson to the negativists to appreciate what we have because once gone it may be all over for another 20years.

...and for the Geelong supporters this is what falling of the cliff will look like once the dad's army starts to decline.
You'll need quite a few farms and property portfolios to entice some replacements.

I hope I am around when it's Geelong's turn to do an Eagles type cliff falling.

Last edited:
It's going to be a ridiculously close season. The next ten or so rounds will be frustrating in terms of our ladder position. There's not much separating the top 12 or so teams. Oh to have Kiddy available.
Gold Coast go 6 and 4 tonight, yet it's possible (tho unlikely) by the end of this round they'll be 10th 🤯

It's a shame for the Suns it sounds more like an away game for them with regards to the crowd support.
Without looking at their draw, do the Suns get 11 home games on the Good Coast, plus two home NT games or is it 9 on the Gold Coast and 2 in NT? Bit unfair if it’s the former.

For all those grass is greener folk looking at Chris Scott as a Fagan superior, this is what a coach looks like missing his best players through injury or otherwise. Now three games on the trot Geelong has been walloped.

For us, the fact that Fagan has us still scrapping for the eight is pure genius.

Geelong will no doubt bounce back once they regain their critical players. But this should be a lesson to the negativists to appreciate what we have because once gone it may be all over for another 20years.

...and for the Geelong supporters this is what falling of the cliff will look like once the dad's army starts to decline.
You'll need quite a few farms and property portfolios to entice some replacements.

Well possibly falling off the cliff after 14 years of fighting it out at the upper echelon of the table and throw in 2 premierships isn't the worst record going around. I'd take that over 5 years of finals and zero premierships every day of the week.

Fagan has a long way to go to top Chris Scott's coaching career.

I don't think you can read too much into the Cats losing last night, without a few significant players and I don't think you can underestimate how much the humidity in Darwin would of taken out of them, fatigue would have set in early IMO.

Suns had a massive advantage being up there for 2 weeks acclimatizing to the conditions.

Great to see them get obliterated though.

Geelong will never have an eagles type fall.

Too much brown paper bags and cheap farm deals on the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back